SAU Community

Im hoping to be selling them in a package deal with rods and pistons to suit. ( Either std length rod and custom piston or vise versa )

I had been thinking about it for a while and it was Kyle who got me back on track with the idea. Once I get the RB30 crank sorted I want to do one for the RB26 and so on.

You guys must have a shed full of old race motors by now :-)

awesome news brad! Kyle was talking about doing a stroker conversion kit for the rb30's to bring it up to 3.3 or 3.4 litres also. But that was a little while ago. If youve got it going already thats great.'

I think we will be due to build a new race motor in the new year when we get back from the states. Depending on price, I could con my father into a stroked rb30 if its not too exxy.

dano, I've already got one lined up :D

And 33's must have more clearance standard than 32's.. standard mounts and my bonnet rubs on the front of the intake manifold and the timing belt cover, that's with 10mm spacers at the back (all the spacers did was stop the bonnet from flexing as much when I shut it :D)

on my r33 yes it was a bees dick without touching... i had a t04r/66 low mounted, this is fairly similar to the 35/40 from what i have seen from my bro inlaws 35/40... only possible to low mount them with a 3L bottom

will this 3540 fit lowmounted? apparently the housing has been rotated and a spacer mad up to clear cam cover

The sort of money you mentioned is a great deal for all that stuff. He normally sells a long block for 4995.

Id be interested in the plenum if its to suit rb25det (r32).

Personally id swap to the 33 head if i was in your position, for simplicity

actually he dosnt. i asked him when i saw him. unless i misunderstood but he explained his using something else. he complained that a 3.0L was to much of a hassle. he used something smaller size wise. :blink:

Correction: You are right.

His original engine did use the rb30, but i know he has redone the engine since then and he may have changed his setup. As you know Ben likes to keep his secrets :)

Some crude measurements of the GT35R left us thinking it will hit the strut tower if on a low mount in the stock location. Can't be assed with squeezing stuff in so going high mount instead along with a RIPS plenum. (low mount I would have been able to keep the stock plenum and piping). Looks like I'm going to use a TuneAgent exhaust manifold too :whistling:

OT 'again' :S

VQ30DET in an R32 GTST. All alloy; possibility of working something out with the VQ35DET. :rofl:

This was done quite some time ago now, i know the guy that did it in Perth, made high `460rwhp on < 10psi. not bad for a stock engine and a "blower"

Steve from Maytech Performance in Perth is the VQ30 guru - he puts them in lots of different cars and has custom bell housings etc

This was done quite some time ago now, i know the guy that did it in Perth, made high `460rwhp on < 10psi. not bad for a stock engine and a "blower"