SAU Community

hey guys me again, bit of a update and a few questions on my ever approaching completion rb30 hybrid.

spoken to the tuner and we've somehow slipped into a complete rebuild of the car including everything being forged.

with a gt35 setup including a 3.0L bottom end will i be needing all that? the most extra i was planning to put in was some nice cams.

apart from the usual i was expecting a budget of about 12k max. but with all the parts its ending up being around almost 19k

heres the list and if anyone could let me know, what parts i wont realli be needing.

Forged Pistons

Connecting Rods

Bearings

Gasket Kit

Head Gasket

Injectors

Fuel Pump

Turbo

Braided Lines and Fitting

N1 Oil Pump

Clutch

Exhaust Manifold

External Wastegate

plenum

throttle body

CAMS

with that setup i could be running a 400rwkw setup? which is defiently not wat i want, nor can spend.

any help would be great.

oh and almost forgot, 300rwkw is the aim realli, but a good 350 would be great aswell

Edited by R34NRG

RE customs is, his good guy, gave me a good deal at the start, and my cars always gone there for the usual stuff.

matt (GTTR34) had his car built and tuned by them and highly recommended them. so i thought why not.

i hope i didnt give anyone any idea that they are bad in anyway, just a lil unsure of some things.

but yeh, basicly this project is getting more and more expensive and its just a lil ridiculous if its gonna cost me almost 20k for a 300rwkw setup, even though its a 3.0L

Edited by R34NRG

nah i was just curious.

Re customs tuned/fixed my old car, i was always very happy with the service :worship:

yeh ray n the gang are awsome, but like i said above this project is startn to turn ugly.....money wise lol

yeh ray n the gang are awsome, but like i said above this project is startn to turn ugly.....money wise lol

how handy are you with a spanner? reason i ask, u'll drop ALOT of the price off if u get the workshop to do the basics.

Also dont let them source ur parts for you, as ull find they might put a markup on them for their services.

My 300rwkw setup will total about 6-7k when complete.. RB25/30 (NA head), forged pistons, N1 oil pump, machined crank, stock rods, stock cams, GT35R, high mount manifold, tial 44mm gate, 550cc injectors, z32 afm. Got everything so far (engine is running on the 550cc injectors and z32) just need to get the exhaust manifold and waiting on the RIPS plenum :)

how handy are you with a spanner? reason i ask, u'll drop ALOT of the price off if u get the workshop to do the basics.

Also dont let them source ur parts for you, as ull find they might put a markup on them for their services.

the problem with that idea is that i work mon to fri so i have no time at all to be workn on my car.

but i did notice the high price with sourcing parts, and doing that myself. but do need a bit of help with a few of the items above.

like i said before, will i be needing half the stuff in the list?

Injectors

Fuel Pump

Turbo

N1 Oil Pump

Clutch

External Wastegate

plenum

throttle body

Braided Lines and Fitting

Exhaust Manifold

im covered as far as those are concerned but the following i have know clue about

Forged Pistons

Connecting Rods

Bearings

Gasket Kit

Head Gasket

when i say no clue i mean that i am not sure if ill be needing these upgrades to support my project.

My 300rwkw setup will total about 6-7k when complete.. RB25/30 (NA head), forged pistons, N1 oil pump, machined crank, stock rods, stock cams, GT35R, high mount manifold, tial 44mm gate, 550cc injectors, z32 afm. Got everything so far (engine is running on the 550cc injectors and z32) just need to get the exhaust manifold and waiting on the RIPS plenum :)

bubba are u doing the work urself? or a workshop? a good 4k of my payslip is due to labour.......

Yeah sorry, forgot to mention not paying for labour. Have a very good mechanic friend who owns his own workshop so I have access to 4x hoists, any tool I need and his helpful advise/small hands to fit into tight places :)

There should still be room for the setup to push more but that is the next level of development.. before I go that far the engine will come out to get some decent rods put in and have everything balanced, aswell as some head/manifold porting work.

How many people here have sent there cars to a workshop to have the RB25/30 built and installed, and where they Sydney/Wollongong shops...

My car needs a rebuild put in, just missed out on the rips motor which someone page earlier bought due to being stuffed around for a few days extra then I expected.

So, now I need to find a workshop, who can do me a build, at a reasonable price and put it in.

I don't exactly have the time to do it myself, although, I will install it myself if need be.

Just want a shop to build it and tune it for me, as I don't have time to build the engine.

Indeed, we don't have an abundance of time either and he doesn't want my car sitting around his workshop for months on end so when we need to do something we plan it out and do it in a day or a weekend.

When we first installed the 30 we did it in a weekend, that was old engine out, new engine built, ancillaries from 20 swapped over, few slight modifications made to bracketry etc, new engine installed. Drove it home.

Should have put a new crank in to start with as we later had to effectively rebuild the bottom end but even that was done in a day. Engine out, pull bottom end apart, flush engine to remove all the little bits of thrust washer that had disintegrated everywhere, check everything else and make sure it was alright, new bearings and crank in, reassemble, reinstall.

Not paying for labour is great :P

well guys mine went on the dyno as promised. here,s a you tube link, takes a while to load, done by the racing line where i had it mapped..

car ran brilliantly all morning till 1pm. did 20+ dyno runs , final run was @ 2.17 bar 652bhp@the fly 660lbs torque @ 5500rpm

went for dinner and unfortunately left the ign on. when we returned for some light on road mapping car is now knacked beyond a joke,,

change the ecu,cam sensor, ign amp, splitfires,plugs no joy.. wont rev and on the fuel map it stays the same but when you rev it up, and return to same piont on the map that had an afr of 13 now it reads 21? numbers are the same but afr has changed on its own?. lambda,s are turned off so not them. we puit some 4 bar map sensors on wonder if they have burned out?. will start again monday..bernie

Edited by rockabilly

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!! :)

May i ask what ron fuel you are using? I know for a fact the pump fuel in Europe is 100X better/cleaner than Aussie fuel :(

Can you please post up a dyno graph, or two?

Can't understand why keeping the ignition on has caused such a huge problem, unless the fuel pump is wired to work continuously and has heated the fuel too much or even burnt the pump? Don't know just theorizing with my limited knowledge. I assume changing the plugs was the first thing you did...