SAU Community

Nothing.......

I have given (and recieved back) my VL sump to H.E. to convert into a 7ltr sump with full race baffles/windage trays. Sump has now been fitted to the motor and all is great. Hopefully, should have the engine in the car by the end of the week.

How much that set u back?

H.E advertise these on their site for $1100 ish.

How much that set u back?

H.E advertise these on their site for $1100 ish.

$1050. But it also included two custom "-10" fittings (one on each side) for the oil return, another fitting for my oil temp sensor and i think there was a 4th custom fitting for something else.

Pretty much got it "trade price"

A Question for the guys in the GT35R 300-400rwkw club.

What size throttlebody,Intercooler and piping do you use?

Standard RB26 throttle bodies

75mm turbo to intercooler pipework

80mm intercooler to plenum pipework

Cheers

Gary

ah - makes sense now :-)

I actually thought the turbo was bigger and couldnt understand why you had kept the VCT.

VCT is great! If i find that it isn't as beneficial with this set-up, i could simply program the Wolf3D to keep it On all the time or Off.

Engine/car has been set-up for the occasional motorkahna, hill climb and track day. Response was more important to me than peak power; after all, how many rwkw can you put to the ground, on a rwd car? :( If i went with my original plan i would have used my HKS GTRS, but i was told the engine would choke at approx 5000rpm. The GT30R was the smallest turbo recommended, through various sources.

Hoping to make about 300-330rwkw with quick response and a huge power band.

I have 408rwkw, and its not enough :-) But Im an acceleration junkie.

My engine makes full boost at 4000 rpm so far from being a lag monster. It is very streetable.

I run semi slicks full time now and they get every bit of that power to the ground.

Each to there own.

Your setup sounds like it will do exactly what you have in mind.

I have 408rwkw, and its not enough :-) But Im an acceleration junkie.

My engine makes full boost at 4000 rpm so far from being a lag monster. It is very streetable.

I run semi slicks full time now and they get every bit of that power to the ground.

Each to there own.

Your setup sounds like it will do exactly what you have in mind.

Sounds awesome!! especially for the track. But would be a little too laggy and way too tail happy on the motorkahnas and hill climbs, especially when doing those 180deg handbrake turns.

If i wont more power it's only a matter of buying new turbo, bigger injectors and an ext gate. The engine has been balanced and built to handle a huge amount of power.

Well thanks for your encouraging comments and hope you achieve your desired power goal :(