SAU Community

go to the first page and download the pdf guide after you read that and if there are any specific questions to what your doing ask away!

the guide pretty much explains it all when it comes to what goes with what and how.

Read it carefully as i just put my motor in forgetting to do the RB25 sump mod now i gotta drop the sump off which is a bitch considering i just had the motor out on a stand!!!!!

RB26 does not have any form of VVT/VCT/VTEC

26 heads dont have vct - thats only the gheyass rb25's

my gheyass RB25 doesn't!

kool thanks, so wat do i need to block off etc?

ive neva realy been intrested in rb30s im realy stubbrn like that,, just realy been doin others,

im not going to spoon feed you, read the damn thread and pdf

Wing it.. If you haven't got half a brain to work out the problems as you come across then its best you don't do the conversion. :banana:

Get the two motors in front of you and have a look. Its all quite simple.

It's so ghey that HKS decided to make one for the 26 and sell it for a small fortune :banana:

sif kill my bagging of the rb25 :(

one a side note, my billet girdles are ready :D

the one you see below is for the 4wd guys, it has the adapter encorporated in it. i can re-design it to make them for rwd rb30's, rwd rb26's & rwd rb20's. this also means my 4wd adapter plates are good to go aswell :D

girdle004zc7.th.jpg

girdle005qd2.th.jpggirdle006vc7.th.jpggirdle007ao7.th.jpggirdle008ep9.th.jpg

sif kill my bagging of the rb25 :D

one a side note, my billet girdles are ready :D

the one you see below is for the 4wd guys, it has the adapter encorporated in it. i can re-design it to make them for rwd rb30's, rwd rb26's & rwd rb20's. this also means my 4wd adapter plates are good to go aswell :banana:

girdle004zc7.th.jpg

so these adapters go over the top of the standard girdle?

so these adapters go over the top of the standard girdle?

correct. the std girdle/main caps get machined down to suit.

i initially looked at getting rid of the std cast caps, but when i looked at the caps where the bearings sit, they are not round (oval shaped) and they are slightly recessed - i dont have the funds to do r&d on 2+ motors to get that style of girdle correct, but i do have the funds to do r&d on this style of girdle

Wing it.. If you haven't got half a brain to work out the problems as you come across then its best you don't do the conversion. :banana:

Get the two motors in front of you and have a look. Its all quite simple.

yea i get that, i only have the head to look at, block is at machinests waiting on wat to do,

im just tryna cut down time,,,

sorry for asking this probably been asked and answered a few times but im not reading 306 pages.. so can someone please tell me the difference between a rb30 short block and long block.. and does it matter what one i use

Long motor includes bottom end and head and all internal parts but no accessories.

short motor is same as above minus the head, includes internal parts inside the block and sump.

It's obvious what you need for the det conversion.

sif kill my bagging of the rb25 :)

one a side note, my billet girdles are ready :P

the one you see below is for the 4wd guys, it has the adapter encorporated in it. i can re-design it to make them for rwd rb30's, rwd rb26's & rwd rb20's. this also means my 4wd adapter plates are good to go aswell :P

girdle004zc7.th.jpg

What are they worth?