SAU Community

R33 Rb30 Conversion

JNR24

im sure there would be something somewhere on sau bout this but what is involved in putting an rb30-25 in an r32? i have heard r33 g/b is needed and also a new computer loom etc. got a mate who is looking at doing this and has a forged 30 lined up

thanks guys!

brett

im sure there would be something somewhere on sau bout this but what is involved in putting an rb30-25 in an r32? i have heard r33 g/b is needed and also a new computer loom etc. got a mate who is looking at doing this and has a forged 30 lined up

thanks guys!

brett

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/search.html

its most likely been asked before but but i dont really want to be looking back 100's of pages lol anyway where do you get the crank collar modification from and what does it do exactly?

My engine guy is making mine up and is also turning up the restrictors as well. I have given him a heap of parts and his job is to make it all work together and get any bits i missed out on, acl race bearings etc.

My engine bay is painted and ready to slide the big girl in :thumbsup: Just need a finished motor.

The guys that read my posts regularly know what's coming next............

Boost is irrelevant. Airflow makes horsepower, boost is simply a measure of the restrictions to that airflow. It is possible to make more power at lower boost levels, just remove the restrictions. A simplistic example, the T04Z is quite capable of 70 lbs/min of airlfow, enough for 800 bhp or so. It can do that sort of airflow from around 1.4 bar to 2.2 bar, but 2.2 bar will be outside the optimum efficiency island. So the air will be hotter coming out of the turbo, hence you would need a much bigger intercooler, less ignition advance, richer A/F ratios, lower static compression ratio etc etc. That all leads to more lag, same horsepower. So why would you want to run 2.2 bar if it can make 800 bhp at 1.4 bar? The only reason you run more boost is because you haven't done a very good job in removing restrictions.

Can anyone pm me the .pdf file cubes made on this engine build please as i can not d/load it off the links given.

i was ment to have a read of that thing a while ago but ended up forgetting....

fantastic read cubes ur a legend....

im so happy i went forgies.....i thought it was such a waste of money for the power rating i was after but u can never be to safe i guess.. :P

Edited by R34NRG

Could you explain more on the squirters in the conrods?

No, sorry it's not my information to hand out. Take a look at some current generation high performance engines (Honda K20 etc) and you will get the idea.

is worth it Ceramic coating and how much will it set you back?

If you are doing track work, then it helps with keeping the heat in the combustion chamber and not through the piston crown and hence the oil. Oil retentiion coating on the piston skirts is also worthwhile as it slows down the wear when you are running race type clearances. For a road only engine neither are necessary.

Cheers

Gary

I am looking into the RB30/25 build but mine is going into an EH holden >.< at 9:1 what kind of boost can i run max?

On pump fuel, i am going to be using 20psi MAX. The quality and consistency of Australian pump fuel is not the best.

On race fuel, boost could be wound up much higher.