SAU Community

YAY!

So the R32 RB25DE uses what lifters? I have a complete RB26 head that i was going to strip down for its valves, springs and lifters. If i can confirm whether i use Tomei RB20, RB25 or RB26 solid lifters then i will just grab them and use them with the std valves and aftermarket springs.

The RB26 valve is sodium filled for better cooling, any idea what the RB25DE valves are?

You can use the Tomei RB20 and RB25 solid lifters in them. The lifters them selves are identical in measurement.

As for RB26; unsure if they fit; possibly require some serious shimming?

No idea what the rb25de valves are.. I don't believe they are as they look like a regular r33 rb25det exhaust valve.

In the RB30 guide, it talks of using RB25 pistons, says that they sit lower in the bore and the block needs to be decked to compensate.

Is this correct for both RB25DE and DET pistons? Apparently the DE pistons give a compression ratio around 10:1 when the block is decked. If the block was left as is, this would decrease the compression ratio somewhat closer to 9:1. Could be an alternative to aftermarket pistons?

Would there be adverse effects if the piston is lowered in the bore and the block is not decked to match?

What sort of tolerances/clearances are best for a street/mostly track RB30?

Is it worth going for RB26 N1 oil + Water pumps or just use a new R33 RB26 oil pump and RB25 water pump off my old engine?

Is it best to run the engine in on the dyno? The reason I ask is because I will need to have the ECU retuned as I will be upgrading injectors/fuel rail when building the engine. Also I have a HKS cast manifold with a rebuilt BB T04S (GT comp wheel) 38mm wastegate and I am worried that I won't be able to control boost with the RB30. This setup on the RB25 was fine and I could run 7psi (wastegate spring) but will the extra capacity cause a problem with maybe the wastegate running out of flow?

Should I look at borrowing a stock manifold and RB25 turbo off a mate to run the engine in?

So it will be out at the next deca?

The next DECA is DECA Masters, i am yet undecided whether i will have enough confidence to push the car to that level, as it now makes more power/torque and also has a complete new suspension set-up. If entries are low i'll speak to Chris and Andrew and see if they mind me entering for the "fun" of it; thus my intension is not to be competitive but to have fun. Either way i'll be there, if i'm not entered i'll be officaling.

It has begun, I have secured an R33 RB25DET complete head (minus injectors and exhaust manifold), and I'm going to look at an RB30 engine on Tuesday. So excited I feel like a kid on christmas eve.

It has begun, I have secured an R33 RB25DET complete head (minus injectors and exhaust manifold), and I'm going to look at an RB30 engine on Tuesday. So excited I feel like a kid on christmas eve.

Xmas eve would be the day before you pickup your engine from the machine shop :D

Good luck!

3L FTW!

RIPS RB30DET - Stock internal long motor package with rips plenum

GT3582R-IW 1.06 rear housing

800cc injectors with an 044 in the boot

Hoping for 400hp plus :)

Wastegate is probably the major limiting factor in the setup but I will jut have to see how far we can go on it before i bite the bullet and get an external

Hoping for 400hp plus :D

Wastegate is probably the major limiting factor in the setup but I will jut have to see how far we can go on it before i bite the bullet and get an external

The IW is perfectly fine.

XR6T's manage 400rwkw+ when swapping the comp wheel out for a T66 with the 1.06 IW so there's no reason why you should have issues. You may need to shove a larger flapper in there and run an actuator that closely matches the intended boost your going to run.

Much like an external gate; a mate recently was trying to push more than 17psi out of a 45mm ext gate running a 8-9psi spring. Simply would not go more than 17psi.

Hoping for 400hp plus :D

noice! Let us know how it goes.

I'm hoping for 310+rwkw with my GT3076R setup, so you should shit it in.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys just wondering if anyone could help me out with a couple of things?

firstly is it true that all series 1 r33 gtst's have the smaller rb20det gearboxes in them or do they come with a big box also and second in the discussion i have been adviced to use an r33 head for better power however it has failed to mention whether to use the 25de head or 25det? i know the 25dets have larger ports etc, but whichever head i will put on the car i will get mild work done on the head, and also whether to have the vct or not? which set up works the best would be nice to hear some experiences and the different styles everyone has done and how it is working out for them.

cheers

firstly is it true that all series 1 r33 gtst's have the smaller rb20det gearboxes

Not true

I have been adviced to use an r33 head for better power however it has failed to mention whether to use the 25de head or 25det?

It doesn't matter they are the same when it comes to the r33 rb25 head.

The R32 rb25de head has the same shape port as the rb20det but larger. Its only 'slightly smaller than the r33 rb25 heads inlet port. Nothing to worry about. Depends what car it is going in and your goals.

i know the 25dets have larger ports etc

Not true.

whether to have the vct or not?

depends on the power you are chasing. High 300rwkw and you really should be looking at big lift cams; solid followers which = no vct.

cool thanks for your help cubes, yeh i am looking at around 300-350 kw the engine will be going into an r31 the reason i ask about the head is because i have all 3 at my disposal an r33 rb25de, rb25det and also an rb25de. so i was wanting to know which would be better to use on my build. the engine will be going into my r31

Car is back on the road :D

The run-in tune has been tweaked, but a full tune is still required once i have clocked 1000km.

VERY happy with the result!

rb30det + GT3076R = 304rwkw@16psi with instant response :)

PS: Yes i am whoring my graphs in various threads, as i am wrapped about the results so far :/

post-1811-1215947908_thumb.jpg

post-1811-1215947922_thumb.jpg

hey guys just received my r32 head last night as well, i had paid for this earlier but also bought a r33 head as it was dirt cheap but being only a bare head. I have decided to use the r33 head and am just wondering if the r32 rb25de cams are compatible with the r33 25de heads? it is a vct but am planning on disabling that. I will definitely get aftermarket cam shaft/gears in future perhaps after i have run the engine in as my funds are looking dangerously low at the moment. can any one help with this?

I also have a rb20det head which i could use the cams out of if they fit? But i may purchase some aftermarket cam gears, will look into it when its time to build the head.