SAU Community

I got mine Installed & tuned (Dyno & Road) for $3600. 7000K Is a bit steep.. considering the only real diffrence between SMC & 2 is launch control + the extra auxs. But it depends on your application and how much money your willing to throw on a ECU.

Re sumps

the 25t sump has some fins (2) at the rear end above the baffle plate ,rb30 sump doesnt have ,these fins touch the crankshaft and sound just like a run bearing!!!!!!!,strangley it couldnt be heard or felt when turning the motor over by hand before installing,quite heart breaking having to remove motor to fix this but relief to find this rather than a bearing!!

so remove fins from 25t sump or use rb30 sump

Originally posted by alkaline

How about using the twin turbo setup from the GTR rather then a TO3?

i believe it would require a fair mid of modification to the exhaust manaifold to adapt the rb26 exhaust manifold onto the rb25 head.

i think the t03 would run out of puff early to due to the extra flow. and if your using a vl turbo t3 you'd need an adapter plate? to use on the rb25 exhaust manifold, correct?

So would a GTR twin turbo flange from an R32 fit onto a R33 or R34 RB25 head? Is the RB26 T4 flange? I just dont want to be on boost all the time, rb25 turbo seems too small for an RB30.

On that note what would be the best cams to get for the RB25 head as well in combination with the 9:1 compression ratio and GTR twin turbo setup. That is of course if the GTR turbo mounts on to the head with out too much problems?

You'd have to get a new zorst manifold flange made, because the individual flange bits go in different directions. From what I've heard, you can't just cut off the old one and weld a new one on, because it'll be a weak point, and you're trying to support a heavy turbo on it.

yes joel thats normal

the way the vl head is designed, some valves are angled like that on one side(eg cyl 1,2,3) the others are angled / (eg cyl 4,5,6)

so instead of making specific pistons for each cylinder they chose to make the pistons with both recesses. Therefore when you look at the pistons it looks as if they were designed for a multivalve head.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, but what would u do with the other one, seeing as the rb30 only has room for 1? Can it be left just taped up to the side of the engine bay, or does it need to be connected?

/edit - what if this coversion had a power fc also? would it detect something was wrong, etc?

Originally posted by Bl4cK32

yeah, but what would u do with the other one, seeing as the rb30 only has room for 1? Can it be left just taped up to the side of the engine bay, or does it need to be connected?

RB30 block actually already has 3 knock sensor positions drilled and tapped on the block ready for the sensors to be screwed in.

RB30ET only has one knock sensor, and it's right in the middle (between cyl 3 and 4)

The 2 other sensor holes are in exactly the same position as on RB2xDET, so you just take them from your old engine and screw them in...no problem.