SAU Community

would standard pistons and rods be good for 300rwkw?? i am looking to run a rb30 with stardard bottom end

rb25de head gasket

r32 rb25de head with rb26 valve springs, gtr cams and standard manifold.

what sort of turbo would be best for 260-300rwkw, i am thinking a holset hx35 or a garrett 3040.

does that sound like a good idea. i would like any feed back people have

thanks

it's been mentioned in this thread that the GTRvalve springs can't easily be adapted for the rb25de head.

it would be easier to use the 25det valve springs.

it also been said that with GOOD tuning and supporting mods, keeping boost low, with correct sized turbo, 300rwkw can be achieved using stock na pistons and rods and stock gaskets.

but constant high revs will destroy the stock rods.

not sure about GTR cams in teh 25de head either.

standard manifold is ok.

turbo selection..... I don't know.. not up to scratch with my turbo knowledge in terms of what power the turbo's you've said will produce and at what boost levels.

I think you'd need to be a bit more specific with things like exhaust wheel size and so forth.

When you are talking about "stock pistons" and "stock rods" are you guys talking about having the bottom end rebuilt and using NEW stock pistons/rods, or using old ones that have done 150-250,000 KM's?!

it seems the "search this thread" option is no longer available.

however, SYDNEYKID had stated that GTR valve springs are not a direct replacement for RB25de heads.

it was due to the lifter in 25 heads not being the same setup as the 26 head.

he mentioned that in his first RB30 build when he used the 25de head from an R32, he changed the valve springs and used 25det valve springs.

maybe he'll see this post and confirm or correct me.

Yes GTST, I understand that. As I been re-reading this thread alot of others, and I'm sure you'd understand I am trying to seperate people's primary observations from second hand information.

Id asked this question before.

How does the ECU tell what gear the manual gearbox is in?

I have a sensor on 1 front wheel which picks up 5 pulses/revolution. You then calculate how many pulses will occur in 1km and enter this value into the sofware. You work out what each gear ratio equates to in kmh/1000rpm and enter the results plus the required boost correction for each gear and plug this into the software.

The ecu now has a speed reference via the wheel sensor in km, and by using the kmh/1000rpm figures plus the engine rpm it can determine which gear you're in.