SAU Community

you certainly could low mount it, but it'd need a custom manifold. i have a GT40 1.34 rear and this is how big it is:

DSC00179.jpg

DSCF0137.jpg

as you can see there's not a lot of chance of putting that anywhere near a standard manifold. it would be reasonably easy to do a low-mount tubular manifold and keep it so that the returning cooler pipe still made it over the top however.

the GT40 will make the power more easily (less boost) but your bottom-end power might suffer a bit. having said that, with good cams and good tuning there's no reason an RB30DET can't have brilliant off-boost response. it would build boost pretty quickly no matter what turbo is on it IMHO (within reason - GT60 GTFO)

the 35/40 1.06 rear would be a brilliant match, you'd have to push it pretty hard to get 320rwkw though.

Would you expect the need to increase the injectors for the GT35/40 and better cams ?

Apparently the ECU needs upgrading as it only supports multipoint.

This I'm unhappy about...

About rods. This bloke Brad Goucher ( [email protected] ) gets custom made 4340 forged steel H beam rods especially for the RB30. Not a modified chev rod or anything. Also come standard with ARP2000 rod bolts and they are a very nice price if you ask me.

I havnt used them personally yet but i think im going to sway this way when it comes time for rod's. Send him an email for some pics. They look very nice to me.

what sort of power would guys think that an HKS 3040 with 1.12 AR rear housing would make on the RB30/25 with tomei poncams?

would that turbo flow enough for 400rwkw or so?

reason i ask is because i have finally found a block for a good enough price .. not super cheap but the best i found so far.. so im picking this up on the weekend and getting started on the build..

About rods. This bloke Brad Goucher ( [email protected] ) gets custom made 4340 forged steel H beam rods especially for the RB30. Not a modified chev rod or anything. Also come standard with ARP2000 rod bolts and they are a very nice price if you ask me.

I havnt used them personally yet but i think im going to sway this way when it comes time for rod's. Send him an email for some pics. They look very nice to me.

What kind of prices does he charge?

what sort of power would guys think that an HKS 3040 with 1.12 AR rear housing would make on the RB30/25  with tomei poncams?

would that turbo flow enough for 400rwkw or so?

reason i ask is because i have finally found a block for a good enough price .. not super cheap but the best i found so far.. so im picking this up on the weekend and getting started on the build..

what spec cams are you considering ?

my mechanic thinks the 256 deg is the best for street driving.

longer duration needs more lift to be optimal.

Edited by conan7772

what spec cams are you considering ?

my mechanic reckons the 256 deg are the most agro ones you can use before the lobes start to hit the sides of the head...

still don't know if this is for sure yet.

FYI - 9mm lift is where the cams require the head to have some material removed for clearance. Duration doesnt affect it. Larger injectors can be bought that fit to the oem fuel rail.

Maybe do some more research...

Edited by Bl4cK32