SAU Community

Originally posted by Skyrine-Dave

Does anyone have access to trade or some really bargain prices on forged pistons at all ?

Maybe a group buy ?

or if someone can score some forged pistons for trade kinda prices let me know :P

*Uni student = Cheap skate!*

Good luck dave,

Pistons = Very expensive,

i got my set 1 week ago at trade price, still cost me $1450 (Arias RB30 -40 overs)

That was a few months ago - and i 'think' that was trade too, back then..... Actually, that was for RB25 Forgies - I dunno if the RB30 ones would be the same price - I spose so....

Alright Trendsetters,

I have a contact who can get Wiseco forged pistons to suit this application for $1400 with rings and pins...

If i remember correctly these pistons will give 8.6:1 compression when used in the RB30DET configuration.

The catch is, to get them at this price i need some other people willing to buy them too. I would be interested in purchasing these as it is fairly good value for forged wiseco pistons with rings and pins. Postage would be paid for on top of that price by you. Which shouldnt be too much. I will price it when i know how much they weigh all up.

So is anyone interested? Wiseco Forged Pistons with rings and pin 8.6:1 CR $1400

Got them already, don't need 'em, but thanks anyway Dave. :)

Had a chat to my mechanic today (he does all the stuff I can't, or I'm too lazy to do. :( ), he reckons it'll be about $600-1000 to do the engine swap for me, but he said he'd let me come and work on it with them, to make sure it was done to the way I want, because he knows I'm a picky bastard. ;)

Originally posted by Sydneykid

If you have a clapped out RB20DET and want to upgrade, why go RB25DET, when for the same cost you can go RB30E/RB25DE hybrid.

that sounds like me.

what did it take did fit the RB30/25 into an R32. I know the block is taller, i wanna know what is so hard about fitting the Rb30 into a R32.

I am a mechanic and will be doing all the work myself to save money and for reasurance of a good job.

What turbo's r u using, i will be using my HKS 3037s

fark... I checked the R32 RB25DE VRS kit I bought tonight.

The Headgasket is different where the combustion chamber is.

The head I have has water galleys, 2 on either side of the combustion chamber. 2 on the exhaust and 2 on the intake so for all 6 combustion chamber thats 24 water galleys.

Basically the head gasket hasn't got provision for the 2 water galleys per combustion chamber on the intake side?!?!!?

AND the water galleys on the exhaust side that there is provision on the head gasket are roughly half the size of the ones on the head.

So has nissan sold me a RB20DE VRS kit and didn't listen to me saying R32 'RB25' and just assumed it was a RB20?!?

Would any one know what the RB20DE water galleys etc look like?

Help

I've double checked the head gasket by placing it over the head.

It appears that there are actually holes for the intake sides water galleys BUT they are only the size of a small screw drivers shaft or the diamater of a pen.

The holes are rather large roughly 4-5times bigger and oblique.

Here is a pic of the holes as you could imagine the small holes would restrict flow quite a bit.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/at...=&postid=475500

I checked the piece of paper that came in the carboard box and it states:

11042-08U25 (RB25DE) Gasket Kit - Valve Regrind ---- Cost $275.

Gasket - Cyclinder Head x 1

Oil Seal - Cam Shaft x 2

Oil Seal - Valve Stem x 24

Gasket - Rocker Cover Exhaust x 1

Gasket - Rocker Cover Intake x 1

Gasket - Manifold INT: Collector x 1

Gasket - Mainfold INT x 1

Gasket - Gasket Manifold Exhaust x 1

Basically it has every single gasket if you were to replace every gasket. It came with more than I anticipated anyhow.

Maybe it is right just they have smaller water galley holes for some reason?!??!?!

I panic to much... :D

I gave Chis Milton a buzz and he said some times the company (nissan) or the gasket manufactures slap smaller holes in the gasket some times to help cool the head better or slow down the coolant flow some times.

He said it won't be a problem however they will check it out.

So that will be Monday then a week from then I will pick the head up that has been reco'd and had a mild port polish.

~$275 for the VRS Kit (Valve Stem Seals)- Need it anyway even if the head wasn't being rebuilt.

~$400 for the rebuild

~$300 for the work

----------------------------

I'll get a print out Monday of exactly what is being done and post it up, exact terminology.

It adds up so damn quick, but.. I'd prefer to try to improve the top end breathing as much as possible up top in an attempt to stop the torque dropping off over 5500rpm, its supposed to improve economy also.

Adj. Cam gears will also help if that is not good enough then i will eventually slap a set of cams in it to bring peak power up to around 7000rpm.

The cams will be last though.

One question i would like to know is about the con rods... I have read all 22 pages of this thread and from memory most people are just going to grind the standard rods... What about using forged con rods?? Who, what, where and how much would i get forged con rods for??? My plan is to go RB30/26 with Arias forged pistons and to throw some nice step 1 cams into the RB26 head... I also got a Garrett GT30 turbo rated to about 600HP and i would like to use every little bit of puff outta the turbo...

Thanks.

Alan.