SAU Community

wouldnt you be running a 26 loom with your 26 head?

What episode of house are you referring to...i just watched the latest season 3 ep i got from the net...it was pretty good.

Edited by r33_racer

Geoff,

VL injector plugs are the same as RB26 inj. plugs.

Depending on the 'quality' you can get cheap good aftermarkets that are sold in a pair for $16. So Total $48. If you go the really nice ones. :D they are near double.

Motortraders/Coventry's stock them.

http://www.coventrys.com.au/coventry/divis...tive/coventrys/

House just started again, so S3E1. I'd download it but I'm too busy with BSG, SG1, SGA and such for the wife. Might even get to dl some car stuff for me if I can rob some bandwidth..... >_<

Running 25 loom with single Z32 AFM as at this stage I won't be running enough power to make that an issue. Later I'll change to Q45 as necessary. Nice sexy stainless pipe for the single afm/twin turbo setup.

Thanks for the info Cubes. I'm sure I had already seen that but with so much on I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

That's right mate, no need for temp sensor, run all the 25 stuff including the TPS with a mod and see how I go with the IAC. Also from the RB25DETT I have setup a single O2 Sensor on the Y pipe. Tomei have an adaptor kit for the 26 intake to RB25 head and use all the stock kit with adaptors.

geoff one thing regarding the injectors & plugs, my SARD 800cc ones came with their own plug that i had to wire into the loom (even the sard plugs had to be shaved for them to fit) im not sure if this would apply to u, but just a heads up :)

The tuners still have our car...been there all week. Car wont make more power then about 290rwkws and it keeps overboosting once it reaches its target boost. They have been playing with timing, and wastegate springs....they think the problem is a faulty gate, which is sticking or something...so another is coming from turbosmart which will hopefully clear it up.

Initial thought after playing with wg springs was that the timing was out a few degrees, as in piston was not tdc when we set it up...But now the blame has been shifted back to the wastegate. Hopefully it gets sorted cause races are next weekend. Car still needs a wheel alignment.

ummm I had similar probs on Wed. Got a 60mm HKS gate and before the dyno I replaced the 18 psi spring with a 8 psi spring. Now it is too soft and opening to soon even with the avcr. So goes back next Friday after I put the old spring back in on the weekend.

r33 racer - what boost are you running to achieve the 290rwkw ?

Target boost was 1 bar. After that is goes stupid...however im not sure if it was 1 bar that was making the 290. Im guessing it is, because when it overboosts they havent been taking it any further cause it is leaning out fairly aggresively.

Does that work out roughly??

let me know when you find out.

I have been having drama getting mine to make any real power which I cant understand too be honest.

ATM it is making 280 rwhp ( pffff ) on 10 psi - thats on Matt Sprys dyno ( PITS ) which is renowned for being unrated, but even so Im still a little mystified.

Maybe when we crank more boost in it will all come good.

My engine is this:

"SPOOL" R33 FOUR DOOR RB30DET

RB30 Block - bored 40thou, decked and oring'd, ACL Forged pistons

ARP Head studs and mains studs

Nitrided crank

SPOOL H Beam conrods

ACL race series bearings

Jun oil pump - crank snout modified to suit

R34 NEO head - HKS 272 / 9.35 cams, Performance Valve Springs, ported and polished by JHH performance

Garrett T04Z turbo 0.96 ex housing

Sard 850cc injectors

6 Boost manifold - HKS 60mm wastegate

CPC plenum - VH45 90mm throttle body

ATI Harmonic Balancer

OS Giken Twin Plate Clutch

I have been having drama getting mine to make any real power which I cant understand too be honest.

ATM it is making 280 rwhp ( pffff ) on 10 psi - thats on Matt Sprys dyno ( PITS ) which is renowned for being unrated, but even so Im still a little mystified.

My engine is this:

"SPOOL" R33 FOUR DOOR RB30DET

RB30 Block - bored 40thou, decked and oring'd, ACL Forged pistons

ARP Head studs and mains studs

Nitrided crank

SPOOL H Beam conrods

ACL race series bearings

Jun oil pump - crank snout modified to suit

R34 NEO head - HKS 272 / 9.35 cams, Performance Valve Springs, ported and polished by JHH performance

Garrett T04Z turbo 0.96 ex housing

Sard 850cc injectors

6 Boost manifold - HKS 60mm wastegate

CPC plenum - VH45 90mm throttle body

ATI Harmonic Balancer

OS Giken Twin Plate Clutch

whats the compression ratio for the engine?

otherwise the specs would suggest your going to make some pretty serious power, definitley much more than what your at now. Id be gutted if it made less than 350rwkws on 1 bar

My engine is this:

I wouldn't be concerned. Get some decent boost in to it.

A mate with a GT35r .82 on his RB30DET made 183rwkw on 8psi.

Pushed 15psi and it made ~260rwkw and 17psi 270rwkw but thats where it ends due to a 2.75" exhaust that narrows to a 2.5" muffler. :S

comp ratio is 8.5:1

had several bolt on probs previously to this run, which I ve recently sorted, bent plenum, fuel pump issues.

But fixed all those, new 044 pump etc. No leaks, A/F ratios all good now.

I agree cubes, I told Matt that this Friday to boost it until it pings :-) , as the engine will handle near enough what ever we put into it.

Ill be running 100 octane and I wont be happy if it doesnt make some serious power.

And if it doesnt Im not sure where to look as Ive pretty much sorted every other issue that has come along.

Feel free to suggest anything - because at 10 psi I really thought it would be making more power, I guess if I pump 25 psi in on a proper tune it might make what Im looking for....but who knows until Ive done it

comp ratio is 8.5:1

had several bolt on probs previously to this run, which I ve recently sorted, bent plenum, fuel pump issues.

But fixed all those, new 044 pump etc. No leaks, A/F ratios all good now.

I agree cubes, I told Matt that this Friday to boost it until it pings :-) , as the engine will handle near enough what ever we put into it.

Ill be running 100 octane and I wont be happy if it doesnt make some serious power.

And if it doesnt Im not sure where to look as Ive pretty much sorted every other issue that has come along.

Feel free to suggest anything - because at 10 psi I really thought it would be making more power, I guess if I pump 25 psi in on a proper tune it might make what Im looking for....but who knows until Ive done it

what are those pistons then

ACL NZ said they didnt make any pistons that would produce that comp ratio and ACL Aussie said they didnt either

I am running the RB25 R34 NEO head - it has smaller combustion chambers than the R33 head. So they are just ACL Forged pistons for the RB30ET.

what are those pistons then

ACL NZ said they didnt make any pistons that would produce that comp ratio and ACL Aussie said they didnt either

dont get me wrong guys - but I keep hearing these big figures from similar engines, some less and I start to wonder if all these dynos are over rated ( or maybe the one I use is way under rated as stated above ). I wouldnt really say this but I have a mate who has a very similar engine to mine but with bigger cams, RB26 head, twin medium size turbos and at 20 psi he is making 420 rwhp on the smae dyno as the one I am using.

yeh i know what your saying mate....im starting to feel a little stupified...cant work out where at minimum 80rwkws has gone missing, and why now it wont hold boost. What the frick is going on....Ours should be holding boost and making more power and so should yours....some gipsy has cursed us and our rb30dets....:P