SAU Community

The GTR/GTS4's run a block/sump adaptot plate so it also lowers the sump down slightly.

Anotonys GTS4, everything is VERY close. The bonnet had to be cut as the cam belt cover was touching.

my adapter plate is only about 8mm thick, hopefully there was more clearance than that with the RB26. just had a look in the engine bay, the steering rack looks higher than the crossmember.

Edited by Scooby

shanef i have seen spacer plates put in between the crossmember and the chassie rail befor to get the motor down lower

thats one thing to consider if i dont sort this problem out...

Shane, I have cut about 100mm piece out of the one of the under bonnt supports where it hits the cam belt cover, now my bonnet shuts and just clears.

What turbos you using there?

the turbo's u see there in the photo's are the R34 N1's, i just put them on with the dumps attached to see what type of clearance i had/didnt have between the firewall, which it seems like i dont need to mod them! (still gotta double check) but im swapping these turbo's for a set of Trust T618z

Hi Shane, not sure what's going on there. Cross member clearance shouldn't be a problem, the deck height is increased at the upper end of the block from the top of the water pump upwards. And the bonnet should well and truly close if you can fit a strut brace under there, the're a lot higher than 38mm above the cam covers. The engine is supposed to be on a bit of an angle but the clearance should still be good. Try looking on the GTROC UK site for comparison pics

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/52458-rb...ight=r32+combat

at the risk of stating the obvious it seems that the whole engine is tilted way to far up at the front and that's what is causing the sump to hit at the rear.

thanks mate, i frequent those forums alot, they're a great bunch hey :ninja:

the things that got me is that the rb26 engine mounts are sitting flat on the engine mounts on the rails! but the fronts tilted like a mofo!

The GTR/GTS4's run a block/sump adaptot plate so it also lowers the sump down slightly.

Anotonys GTS4, everything is VERY close. The bonnet had to be cut as the cam belt cover was touching.

adapter plate is only 10mm, so pretty much fark all (surely thered be better clearance from factory than 10mm)

i'll go outside and grab some photo's.

im fairly certian they are, as i farked around for a good hour or so trying different combo's between the gtr and rb30 mounts to fit it properly, but i'll certainly double check that when i pull it out.

qik visit back to my brain straining issue.

Pulled the wastegate off, checked that it is sealing, checked that it is working with compressed air, all is fine. No diaphram leaks and no leaks on the intake side.

Still it will not boost past 0.7 bar. Ive put a 20 psi spring in, tried disconnecting the gate altogether, boost pressure to the bottom of the gate, to the top of the gate to both top and bottom.

Makes no sense at all ????

Help

annoying part is - that it was running consistent 16 psi previous to me removing the spring the first time

makes me not want to remove my 1.2Bar spring from my new Wastegate

definately a puzzling thing

Nothing else changed at the same time? this is a really troubling problem. How is the fuel pump pressure now? It's about the only other thing I can think of right now.

Engine with the machinist this morning. Aust post suck for being so slow but all goodies now in place for extreme funness!!!!

post-6392-1171435309.jpg

im fairly certian they are, as i farked around for a good hour or so trying different combo's between the gtr and rb30 mounts to fit it properly, but i'll certainly double check that when i pull it out.

i'm voting that there's some funnyness with the mounts.

Nothing else changed at the same time? this is a really troubling problem. How is the fuel pump pressure now? It's about the only other thing I can think of right now.

Engine with the machinist this morning. Aust post suck for being so slow but all goodies now in place for extreme funness!!!!

post-6392-1171435309.jpg

they wouldnt be 2860-10's would they geoff :)

i'm voting that there's some funnyness with the mounts.

yeah more than likely, will find out on the weekend i spose.

cheers for the ideas though guys :happy: