SAU Community

I'm not reading 260 pages worth of stuff, when from what I've read so far of it (about 10-15 pages in) is mainly people going "OMG, that's great, I plan to do that too"

It seems more of an RB30 chatter then a technical guide

its for ur own good, caus no doubt you'll have plenty of other questions, and it saves us looking back through the thread (like craved just did for you), which u should do instead

FYI those pics i posted are from this thread some time ago, that isnt my exact setup, but very close

You mean compression as in pin height?

1.193"

If thats the case then no not suitable. The piston will sit too far down the bore.

I believe the rb30's std pin height is around 1.280"

i have a rb25de in my car atm...

i have a RB30 engine sittin around that needs stripping down so i can convert..

WHO CAN HELP ME TRANSFORM MY ENGINES INTO a RB30DE ??

in sydney!

Ok were about to start building the latest and greatest 25/30 to go in the race car.

Specs are as follows.

Head is rb25 with oversize s/s valves 1mm over in and 2mm over exhaust with quite abit of port n polishing. Valve springs to suit and the hydraulic lifters have been converted to solids. No more vct, its been blocked off and cams are 265 10.2mm inlet and 272 10.2 exhaust. The new block is running 9.0:1 CR. New 6boost mani to suit t04z and a plasmaman plenum instead of greddy item. New sm4 with cdi to go on to control it all.

Old motor made 370rwkws. Im hoping to easily achieve 420rwkws with this new one. But 450rwkws would be nice. Will probably have to run a 50/50 mix with toluene inorder to achieve it safely.

Old head was stock, just 256 poncams and stronger springs with greedy mani and 6boost mani and gt35r with 8.2:1CR.

Am i dreaming with the new expected power output here? Or does it all sound feasable? This new rb30det will easily be the toughest one to date for us.

if it doesnt make near to 700bhp on 25psi+ i'm gonna have to kick some1's ass, caus i've been told the t04z can make ~700bhp on a properly built motor i.e yours would be one lol

im gonna take a punt and say that 044 is gonna limit the power a bit, but you never know!

Yeh were ditching the 044 and its getting replaced by a magnaflow 1000hp pump with pre and post filters.

Water injection will only stay if its needed, if not then it will go as it will be unnecessary weight. if we did use it we would look at using it pre turbo instead of pre throttle body. But i dont think we would need it as the turbo has alot more top end then before. It worked well on the gt30 cause it was right on the limit and helped get the extra power out of it.

u dope. you shoulda told me earlier and you coulda tacked it onto noel's & mine order from summit. that aeromotive a1000 pump only cost me $305 :ninja:

Think gearbox Michael, it won't like circuit racing at 450 rwkw. Check the gearbox oil temps, but I would be surprised if it doesn't need a cooler, especially in Qld. Ditto the diff.

:ninja: cheers :ninja:

geez gary, why do you have to keep coming up with negatives mate? Thats more weight, coolers and pumps for gearbox and diff. Wish we got that holinger gearbox now, it came with built in pump for cooler, atleast im pretty sure it did. The ppg set should handle 450rwkws shouldnt it?

Im really hoping for 450rwkws. Will be good to get it. 700bhp woot!

ive been pushing for that joel believe me. Ive been trying to find a rolling chassis from somewhere. But that means remaking everything again as not everything will be transferable. However it would allow for a complete strip and build a sweet new chromemoly cage that will tie in absolutely everything....haha that gets me going, our current cage is pretty basic :D

geez gary, why do you have to keep coming up with negatives mate? Thats more weight, coolers and pumps for gearbox and diff. Wish we got that holinger gearbox now, it came with built in pump for cooler, atleast im pretty sure it did. The ppg set should handle 450rwkws shouldnt it?

Im really hoping for 450rwkws. Will be good to get it. 700bhp woot!

No problems with the PPG gearset, just watch the gearbox and diff oil temps. They will be marginal, especially when it gets to spring/summer in Qld.

:D cheers :D

Maybe its time to 'upgrade' to the R32 GTST chassis. :D

My recommendation would be a 1989/90 R32GTR chassis, 2 wheel drive it with the RB30. Same weight as the R32GTST but with bigger/lighter (alloy) guards, (alloy) uprights and (alloy) bonnet. Plus you have the option of 4wd'ing it later on.

:D cheers :D

Yeah go R32 Mike so I can whale you in the 33...... :D ...honestly by the time you stiffen a tired old chassis like any 32.... ahh who cares

Seriously now though, don't go pre turbo with the water. It will work over the compressor wheel and do nasties. Way back when they were just shooting a stream into the compressor which did a great job of atomising the water, which did a great job of chopping off the vanes........