SAU Community

A question to those who have done the conversion with an RB25 head + Greddy Plenum with throttle body adaptor.

What have you used for the throttle cable? The factory one is too short even with the brackt supplied with the kit.

Edited by MintR33

Order a custom length cable. Will be doing it with my GReddy plenum and Q45 tb. But i have seen others with std tb and adaptor plate also need a custom cable.

Ok, guy just reviewing, the one idea i read about, shaving the head to lower the compression with the combination if a rb30et bottom end and a rb25det head, causing a low compression around 7:1

anyone have any take on this? im prepared to do it, id love to know of anyone who is certain this can work, any feedback is good, im trying to u the compression, i have a

huge enough turbo as it is, not happy to bog it down even more.

Wouldnt be much meat left in the head after you had milled 2mm off it.

Why not just buy some CP pistons :-)

You would need to take about 2mm off the head to get the comp up from 7:1, Why not use an rb30e bottom end, you start with a much better comp ratio.

the acl im using were designed for the hybrid conversion, the engine builder that im using had them from a previous build that didnt happen, ill have to see what the comp works out at, but they are practially flat top, so ill have to post it when i figure out the comp

ACL DONT MAKE THEM

Where can they be ordered from? Dropped the motor in thursday arvo and just need the throttle cable and i/c piping fabricated :D

RB30DET002.jpg

Sorry no idea; i leave those details to my mechanic :D I probably wont see him till Friday, and by that time i'll probably forget to ask :)

Nice looking engine bay! :(

just responding about the comment about shaving my head 2mm to raise the compression ratio from 7:1 umm, what would that make my compression, i got this rb30et motor comlete for an absolute bargin runny rebuilt. which is why i want to try use this.

would it improve much in commpression?

its a waste to replace pistons on a motor that was just rebuilt for CP ones. and the cost of the money involved

id love sugestions

Sorry no idea; i leave those details to my mechanic :( I probably wont see him till Friday, and by that time i'll probably forget to ask :(

Nice looking engine bay! :(

Well my memory didn't fail me this week :)

My mechanic gets his custom cables through Speedscrene, link below:

Speedscrene Homepage

hey guys wats up, my thread got closed cuz hey, theres this one. so here it is.

i just sent my car in to do the 3.0L but as far as i know little info is available with r34 motors.

was wondering if anyone could give me some tips as to wat to epect or prepare for.

the cars currently got a few things going as well as the motor being ripped out for inpecton

heres the list so far

gt35

plenum

throttle body

injectors

clutch

manifold

dump/front pipes

cams

rods

pistons

not sure im specs but its just to give u an idea. any thoughts on problems or hassles i might run into?

ash closed ur thread caus u didnt read THIS thread. as per his post all of the info u need is in this thread, dont be lazy and read it, like everyone else had to :)

:P ill get back to u in a few years then.

nah seriously, ill have a read thanks

You've got the plenum and all the bits so it will simply bolt together with a few small mods to powersteer brackets, dump pipe etc.

As for what to expect.. 'possibly' earlier spool and more power everywhere.

You've got some one else doing the job so expect to be broke by the end of it. :P

You sent your car in for a 3.0L conversion and you don't know what to expect? Are you made of money or something???

u wouldnt believe how good i am at my job :P

You've got the plenum and all the bits so it will simply bolt together with a few small mods to powersteer brackets, dump pipe etc.

As for what to expect.. 'possibly' earlier spool and more power everywhere.

You've got some one else doing the job so expect to be broke by the end of it. :)

AHAHHAHA i didnt mean wat to expect as in power figures.

as in will i run into certain problems having the 3.0L

also i have been talkn with a friend about possibly getting rid of the 25 head and slammin in a 26 head, resulting in not buying a plenum(save 1k) and selling the motor as a whole to have some $$$ in my pockets.

does anyone see this workn?

Edited by R34NRG

Ahh so you don't have a plenum. I skim read. :P

Its difficult to find a decent 26head for a 'reasonable' price.

Stick with the R34 head, nothing wrong with it. It runs solid followers which is a big bonus.

But yeah depends if you can source a decent 26head without being too out of pocket.

There will be no problems. Its an easy conversion in the RWD.

Technically you shouldn't be charged a great deal more compared if you were going to swap another rb25 bottom end under it.

The only real mods off the top of my head for yourself will be the powersteer bracket, dump pipe, drill/tap of the upper tensioner, run the VCT oil supply, block off the block to head vct oil supply, run a front oil drain.

So not a great deal.