SAU Community

thats strange, the block is the same size as the rest of the rb's, just a little taller

any idiot should be able to either lower mounts, or otherwise why dont you just cut the insides out of the bonnet.

my rb30 with a 25de head with stock plenum shuts in a cefiro on the stock bonnet

funny - the rb30 seems to fit in S13. S14, R32 and R33 no probs.

Shop around - its an easy conversion for the R34 - I will be doing it in my R34 GT4 next year, there is heaps of room - might put two of them in there :-)

mm.. well I'd have to say that it only 'just' fits in a R32 GTR. And I had to cut the bracing from under the bonnet, and remove the strut brace and I had to remove the cam wheel cover to stop it fouling the bonnet. It seems you can't lower the engine very much as the sump (with the sump adaptor in there) is already pretty close to lower cross member, so not much room to move down - not unless the whole subframe is spaced down? And I don't know if that it such a good idea...

Has anyone managed to get a RB26/30 into an GTR (R32) without doing these things?

i was thinking the same thing. maybe ben just meant that u did have to change the mounts which is a bit of a stuff around. he seems like a real lazy guy ahhahhaha. awsome bloke though.

i was thinking with the extra 200cc for literally more then half the price of a 2.8 stroker kit. its worth it.

well apart from racepace who else do u guys recommend for 3L converrsions?

mm.. well I'd have to say that it only 'just' fits in a R32 GTR. And I had to cut the bracing from under the bonnet, and remove the strut brace and I had to remove the cam wheel cover to stop it fouling the bonnet. It seems you can't lower the engine very much as the sump (with the sump adaptor in there) is already pretty close to lower cross member, so not much room to move down - not unless the whole subframe is spaced down? And I don't know if that it such a good idea...

Has anyone managed to get a RB26/30 into an GTR (R32) without doing these things?

how much bigger are the bays of 33/34 compared to the 32s

Edited by R34NRG

Don't be off put by one workshop that doesn't believe in bang for buck performance.

Tomei 2.8ltr stroker kit. Stage 1 (441kw) 600ps ~6.5k by the time its landed + maching etc.

Rb30 block - $100-$300 + spool forged rods and forged cp pistons ~1.9k + machining.

Bang for buck the RB30 is the winner. :blink:

-------

Spoolup, What are these 4340 Rb30 stroker cranks? Are they suitable for the rb25/26 blocks or an actual rb30 stroker crank to 3.2ltr or something? :)

i was thinking the same thing. maybe ben just meant that u did have to change the mounts which is a bit of a stuff around. he seems like a real lazy guy ahhahhaha. awsome bloke though.

i was thinking with the extra 200cc for literally more then half the price of a 2.8 stroker kit. its worth it.

well apart from racepace who else do u guys recommend for 3L converrsions?

how much bigger are the bays of 33/34 compared to the 32s

Unless it's an rb26, Ben is just not interested :blink:.

I would talk to Rob @ Sabbadin

Or if you don't mind the travel, EAS Performance (Airport West) are currently doing my rb30det conversion, using a worked r33, rb25 head (cams, porting, adj IN and OUT cam gears <while still keeping the VCT operational>)

wat are ur guys opinions with defects and stuff? do u think doing a RB30 conversion and possibly keeping it lookn legal would be possible with a massive top mount gt35 staring at the coppers face lol.

on a serious note how do any of u guys who have extreamly high powered cars go about keeping away from defects?

hrmmm i feel like this is new topic material.

**andru clicks "new thread" button**

By driving it sensibly.. Time and place for everything.

I've been pulled over once; only thing that was picked was the tint that I grabbed and edge and pulled off before he could say anything more.

BUT mine looks 100% stock under the bonnet as it uses the std piping route, heatshields, std looking exhaust (no milotin with a big tip), no pfc h/c in car, no gauges visible etc looks like a stocker. And in many respects compared to some of the rb30det's it is. :blink:

Usually you will get defected for silly things like too low and too loud due to the large 'loud' looking exhaust. Thats what I've noticed from others that have been defected here in Adelaide.

By driving it sensibly.. Time and place for everything.

I've been pulled over once; only thing that was picked was the tint that I grabbed and edge and pulled off before he could say anything more.

BUT mine looks 100% stock under the bonnet as it uses the std piping route, heatshields, std looking exhaust (no milotin with a big tip), no pfc h/c in car, no gauges visible etc looks like a stocker. And in many respects compared to some of the rb30det's it is. :blink:

Usually you will get defected for silly things like too low and too loud due to the large 'loud' looking exhaust. Thats what I've noticed from others that have been defected here in Adelaide.

well cubes i must say ur one of the luckier ones. i got defected already about stupid stuff like pod/cooler. at one stage it got to a point where i was put on notice by vicroads to crash test my car to see if the intercooler affected my airbags. i know insane huh?

but thats victoria.

i am proberly one of the slowest drivers ull ever meet. i 300c would of suited me more then a skyline lol.

have u got a top mount or a low mount cubes? aint u running a pod/cooler? return or hybrid style

A little OT but oh well. :S

Stock airbox - Hidden 100mm cai in to the inner bumper

Black FMIC that utilizes the stock piping route.

Std bov has been blocked off.

2 catch cans, one either side of the motor to keep it hidden. The PCV is blocked and only attached for looks; the pipe is T'd in to and runs to a catch can under the inlet manifold. The catch cans are bone dry as are the pipes leading to them. On the dyno they don't appear to breathe since I blocked the rear restrictor and dropped a 1.5mm up front.

As I went with a GT30 I stuck with the std exhaust manifold which is good enough for 300rwkw at a squeeze.

Interstate 2 inlet mods are illegal? i.e pod and fmic? Here they are not but regardless I stick with the stock airbox as it works fine with a custom CAI and looks just that little bit more stock.

I'm tired of the narrow tyres so soon to put a sedate set of wheels and sticky tyres on it.

Then for those track days 1hr changing suspension and and quick trip for a wheel alignment then on to the car trailer.

Yeah it sucks but at least I get to enjoy the car without too many drama's. I've put 70,000km's on the motor to date.

So by the time those stroker cranks are out its quite possible I'll be looking at one. Chances are I'll grab a clean R32 GTS4 4door and do it to that but with a gt35 and hks cast manifold. I've also considered a VQ30DET amongst other things (turbo v8)

Always liked my v8's. :blink:

post-382-1197890222_thumb.jpg

The VQ30DET is a V6 isnt it ?

A little OT but oh well. :S

Stock airbox - Hidden 100mm cai in to the inner bumper

Black FMIC that utilizes the stock piping route.

Std bov has been blocked off.

2 catch cans, one either side of the motor to keep it hidden. The PCV is blocked and only attached for looks; the pipe is T'd in to and runs to a catch can under the inlet manifold. The catch cans are bone dry as are the pipes leading to them. On the dyno they don't appear to breathe since I blocked the rear restrictor and dropped a 1.5mm up front.

As I went with a GT30 I stuck with the std exhaust manifold which is good enough for 300rwkw at a squeeze.

Interstate 2 inlet mods are illegal? i.e pod and fmic? Here they are not but regardless I stick with the stock airbox as it works fine with a custom CAI and looks just that little bit more stock.

I'm tired of the narrow tyres so soon to put a sedate set of wheels and sticky tyres on it.

Then for those track days 1hr changing suspension and and quick trip for a wheel alignment then on to the car trailer.

Yeah it sucks but at least I get to enjoy the car without too many drama's. I've put 70,000km's on the motor to date.

So by the time those stroker cranks are out its quite possible I'll be looking at one. Chances are I'll grab a clean R32 GTS4 4door and do it to that but with a gt35 and hks cast manifold. I've also considered a VQ30DET amongst other things (turbo v8)

Always liked my v8's. :laugh:

Hi Guys,

Ok well if all goes to plan I am buying a 25/30 in the near future the motor It is one of the RIPS ones from NZ

http://www.ripsltd.co.nz/performance/products.html

It has an R32 RB25DE head I am putting this into my series one R33 GTST motor is being supplied with loom and stock 32 computer, so heres the question:

What will be involved in hooking up my RB25DET PFC to this motor?

I was thinking for ease of conversion just fitting the motor up and getting it all going with the supplied computer later as I can have the car off the road for too long to start with then revisiting the computer side a little later on although if there is not much to it i would prefer to be running the show with the power FC

One thing I was also wondering about will my Splitfires fit this head?

Motor is being delivered with a new XR6 Turbo fitted up, is that basically a GT30? Should it make decent power with that?

Initial goals once I put injectors in would be 300kw (only stock injectors to begin with)

Cheers,

Dan

Coils should be ok, AFAIK s1 rb25 is the same as rb20. I don't think it's a case of fitting the head but fitting the loom..

Not sure about the PFC, I would imagine some wiring changes would need to be made to suit the ignition and injectors drivers. Easier option would probably be a 32 GTR PFC.. sell your 25 PFC for an inflated price (like everyone is doing) and buy a GTR PFC for half the price >_< that is if it would work in that body type..

why 32 GTR? because of the injectors?

I have heard from Geoff that your usually best to stay with the Computer that suits the car rather than the motor, but I am uncertain of what needs to be done to make it all match up?

Edited by dano4127

I think that unless you feel the need to make the loom for the new computer fit a different car then go with what you have.

I'm running a GTS25t PFC computer with an RB26 head, twin turbos through a single Z32 AFM, standard GTR TPS plugs straight into a 33 loom, standard GTR throttles and plenum.

I don't use the IAC at all and it idles perfect after startup with or without AC.

I'm also using low impedance Delphi 65lb/min injectors using a self made resistor pack that has worked without fault so far.

I did have to change the RB25 temp sender into the 26 manifold but not entirely sure if the sender in the 26 setup was faulty or actually different impedance.

The only pity is with so much going on I haven't yet had a chance to get it tuned properly, but off boost in second around a corner the rear will step slightly, thanks to 9.0:1 CR. It's off the road as I've deregistered it to trailer to the track so an added obstacle to getting it anywhere atm.