SAU Community

R33 Rb30 Conversion

JNR24

hey al yeah i bought a new rb25det stock balancer tho i didnt see the point going for an aftermarket version cause i wont be revving it past 7 thou revs anyhow, so will the N1 oil pump fit without modification and do u guys suggest going for an N1 water pump aswell?

It will fit but if you're removing the crank fit a crank collar for peace of mind.

Personally I wouldnt bother with the N1 water pump especially if its a street driven car.

Agreed..

N1 oil pump - good

N1 water pump - don't bother for a street car

can anybody tell me if there is a thead on here that explains how to run the vct/vvt

in an 30/26,and wat else to do to the block so i can boltit together.. and wat page? cant seem to find it and i realy need to get my head and block to the machinests

nz forums suck

cheers :)

I remembered seeing something about how to run the VCT/VVT setup with the RB26 head.

When I first saw your post, I could not find it becuase I did not search for NVCS.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t...;highlight=nvcs

Just wondering if anyone has run a Garrett GT3082R with 1.06 A/R non an RB30DET with an ext wastegate? As far as I can tell these should be somewhere in between a 3076 and a GT35R meaning a good trade off between faster spool-up and less boost dropping off in the high end.

http://www.gcg.com.au/Catalogue_Menus/Garr...ttbb_gt3040.htm

After ppl's thoughts on running a 4 inch dump pipe (using a 4-3.5 reducer at the turbo) reduced to 3.5" later for a GT3582R on a 25/30, is it worth the effort?

post-12979-1204068871_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alf

Rotorua Import Pro Shop (RIPS) - Crate motor,

RIPS Plenum,

Boost Worx Stainless Highmount,

Just Jap GTR Style 100mm Cooler

XR6 Turbo - GT3540 IW with the 1.06 rear

POWER FC

HKS Cam Gears

Tial 50mm BOV

Stock injectors for run in then changing to 800cc Sards

Bosch 044 and ARE Surge setup

It has come down to piston choice time. I am currently looking at the arias 9.2:1 and 9.5:1 CR pistons and i am trying to decide which set of pistons to go for. Aiming for around 350-370RWKW (mainly street use occasional track use) using a GT35R turbo. Which compression ratio would best suit my application?

After ppl's thoughts on running a 4 inch dump pipe (using a 4-3.5 reducer at the turbo) reduced to 3.5" later for a GT3582R on a 25/30, is it worth the effort?

Looks like a weapon mate, id be interested to see how your boost responce goes as ive heard some very mixed stories re plumbing it off the housing, some are great, others very average.

Engine looks like a weapon though!

Go the CP 9.0:1, the Arias might be a tad high for the power you are aiming for on pump fuel.

It has come down to piston choice time. I am currently looking at the arias 9.2:1 and 9.5:1 CR pistons and i am trying to decide which set of pistons to go for. Aiming for around 350-370RWKW (mainly street use occasional track use) using a GT35R turbo. Which compression ratio would best suit my application?

Go the CP 9.0:1, the Arias might be a tad high for the power you are aiming for on pump fuel.

I second that.

I'm using the arias 9.2 comp pistons, after cc'ing the head, the bowls were smaller than standard (the head had been faced more than once before it was in my hands).

With a std thickness head gasket comp would be close to 9.4 so I've got to stuff around finding a thicker head gasket to get it down to 9.0ish.

I only intend using 1 bar on pump fuel and winding it up on race fuel.

While on the topic, what brand is the best bang for $ race fuel?

well my head is away getting rebuilt rang the guy up and he said that there isnt much wrong with the head so that all good and my stuff is away getting balanced, engine is about 40 percent complete just waiting to get my stuff back then we can build it up so far just spent over 7 grand with about 9 or 10 grand to go the only thing i wont be touching is the head besides the rebuild cant wait to get it going it will be exciting :wave: