SAU Community

R33 Rb30 Conversion

JNR24

Went 560 rwhp today on 23psi, and then started to lean out again.

Current setup is an 044 intank feeding a 044 in line - all on 98 BP fuel.

I think Ill have to go twin 044's and a surge tank to overcome this problem. Wanted to keep away from fuel pumps in the boot etc but cant see any other options now.

Simple;

044 in tank ----"Y" piece---- 2 x 044's supplying engine

With the 2 x 044's mounted externally (under floor), no surge tank required.

Cheers

Gary

Hey Gary

Just trying to find room underneath to put the 2 pumps ( in a safe place ) is an issue in its self :-)

Will 1 x 044 intank be able to feed 2 x 044's inline ?

Simple;

044 in tank ----"Y" piece---- 2 x 044's supplying engine

With the 2 x 044's mounted externally (under floor), no surge tank required.

Cheers

Gary

hmmmmm i like this idea

what kinds of power would a setup like that be capable of supplying????

i would like to know this aswell, as i jsut found out one 044 pump might be border line at around 450-500hp.

im not sure how much extra flow your gonna get by running 2 044's behind the intank one. sure your gonna get extra flow by eleviating the strain off the single, but how much extra?

personally id have a low pressure hi flow pump intank supplying a surgetank under the car than 2 044's feeding the rail

How much are one of these A1000's ? And who sells them ?

I know magnaflow make a pump rated at 1000hp - I havent compared the actual flow rates etc yet.

I dont think Ill get much more out of it on pump fuel and with a cat ( maybe 600 rwhp ) - but its better to be safe than sorry.

Why not just get the Aeromotive A1000? by the time you have spent the money on 3 044's you have basicaly spent the same $$ figure.
Edited by Spoolup

How much are one of these A1000's ? And who sells them ?

I know magnaflow make a pump rated at 1000hp - I havent compared the actual flow rates etc yet.

I dont think Ill get much more out of it on pump fuel and with a cat ( maybe 600 rwhp ) - but its better to be safe than sorry.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

i've bought my entire fuel system from summit, awesome service and delivery :down:

Has anyone removed the bungs from the oil gallery that feeds the mains? there is one in each end of the block between oil & water pump, seem to be about 12mm diameter solid steel pressed in (not a welsh plug). I have removed them from an old RB30 block by drilling out, before I do it on my good block I want to make sure you can get a replacement. Anyone know about this?

Hey Gary

Just trying to find room underneath to put the 2 pumps ( in a safe place ) is an issue in its self :-)

Will 1 x 044 intank be able to feed 2 x 044's inline ?

You don't have to put the 2 x 044's side by side, you could have one under the bonnet if you wanted. The only location limit is how far you want to run the wiring (voltage drop).

An 044 pumping against zero pressure flows almost twice as much as at it's rated pressure (72.5 psi). Plus the 2 x 044's suck, creating a partial vacuum at the outlet of the supplying 044, hence further increasing its flow. As a comparison, 1 x standard R33GTR pump keeps the surge tank full with 2 x 044's supplying the engine.

Cheers

Gary

hmmmmm i like this idea

what kinds of power would a setup like that be capable of supplying????

1200 bhp should be no problem.

Just be aware that you have no surge protection without a surge tank, so hard launches or cornering G forces WILL interrupt the fuel flow whenever the tank gets much below half.

Cheers

Gary

well here it is boys. the cars comming along quite nicely.......only got a few pics before i totally forgot i had a camera.

27032008058go4.th.jpg

27032008060gn2.th.jpg

only a few days and she should be up n running

Mine is running in at the moment, started it up on friday night!! Anyone got any tips for the run in process?

PS: Loving the torque!

As reported in many posts, I have used the same basic running in process for lots of years and on many engines;

Castrol GTX (the basic no frills mineral oil) with new filter.

Run engine for about 1/2 hr or until well warm.

Change oil filter. Engines can have particles in them that acccumulate during the build/maching proces and they need to be removed from the engine ASAP, these are caught in the oil filter. If you leave them in, the oil filter can get blocked and so it will be bypassed ie; no filtering.

Check the basic tune on the dyno or on the road with portable lambda sensor.

Drive to Bathurst and back, around 500k's, lots of varying conditions, up and down hills, freeway, long climbs etc. Don't rev the beegeesus out of it, gentle but firm, change throttle openings often, no slogging it in high gears with lots of throttle. Much better to load it up with partial throttle openings going up hills.

Drain the GTX and remove the oil filter.

Refill with Castrol Edge 10W60 and fit a new oil filter.

Do leak down test, if OK then final tune on the dyno.

Go racing

Cheers

Gary