SAU Community

R33 Rb30 Conversion

JNR24

Anyone care to tell me how to get my standard dash tacho working? Im running Autronic SM4, do I just interface the tacho wire from the Autronic to the wire from port 7 on the standard ecu? Surely I cant be the only one to encounter this when not using standard ecu. Cheers!

ACTUALLY I STUFFED UP.

Sorry, I've been hammered on morphine for the last 2 weeks. It has to go OUT 1-2mm to ease the tension a little.

Correcting other post now.

Sounds like your back is still giving you trouble; sorry to hear mate :teehee:

Best to move back to Melb, it's nice and sunny down hear ;)

PS: I also agree with Geoff on the tensioner location. For the new block, we have moved the bolt hole another 2mm across, away from center.

Thanks for backing that up al cheers.

Now ive rung nissan to get a VRS kit for the Rb26 head but nissan want to know if it is before or after the 3/93 with the latter option being cheaper. I havent heard too much talk on here about needing one or the other so im guessing both are the same?

thanks fellas

Just out of curiosity what would be involved in fitting an RB25/30 to a 180sx???

A rough price estimate would be great too if possible...

Thanks.

Front face plenum, lower the mounts as discussed in this "small" thread, move the power steering lines if needed, put a small love bump in the factory bonnet or get a aftermarket one.

Price.. depends how far you go..

I started mine at the start of this thread and I am only just now doing the final touches now. :D

Question about the PowerGrip belt and the Harmonic...

when i fit the belt it sat wonky like the pic below

img1576nd0.jpg

but with more tension it sits in fine.

Gates state that they supply 2 types of belt, a standard one and the one above which is their "performance" belt.

Not sure if its a case of this belt requires more tension than standard.

Has anyone fitted the 1200 8MGT (says gates on the belt not dayco) and run the car with no issue?

There's previous posts about it but no result.

Thanks

Edited by silver gts-t

looking at my rebuild kit today something struck me, why did nissan make the pistons to suit a 4 valve head? By that i mean the piston has the cut outs for 4 valves.

Was nissan keeping an ace up their sleeve :D

If you look at the 30 head you would notice that the way the valves are arranged they sit on one side for the first three and the other side for the last three. In the end its just cheaper for Nissan to make the one set of pistons with the cutouts there rather than two separate designs.

Anyone care to tell me how to get my standard dash tacho working? Im running Autronic SM4, do I just interface the tacho wire from the Autronic to the wire from port 7 on the standard ecu? Surely I cant be the only one to encounter this when not using standard ecu. Cheers!

Anyone??? Surely I cant be the only one who needs this info can I??????

wat parts would you need to make a 30/25 combo around 300rwkw and how much roughly

cheers

Tried searching? or trolling through the RB30 threads? oh.. maybe even look at the RB30 dyno results thread! shock horror!

What type of oil and water lines are most reliable in a low mount setup?

I went with the OEM approach. Bundy tube. Works out around $40 per line so x3 $120 for oil and both water lines.

looking at my rebuild kit today something struck me, why did nissan make the pistons to suit a 4 valve head? By that i mean the piston has the cut outs for 4 valves.

Was nissan keeping an ace up their sleeve :thumbsup:

what pistons are they and price if you dont mind

Anyone??? Surely I cant be the only one who needs this info can I??????

I've had no problems with my standard tacho, using an aftermarket ecu (wolf 3D). Are you sure something else isn't farked up? Have you tried your cluster or ecu on another car?