SAU Community

R33 Rb30 Conversion

JNR24

Finally fired the new machine into life with a slightly strange situation, Im running N1 pump, 26 head with 2 x 1mm restrictors. The strange part is I have fitted a mechanical autometer oil pressure gauge off the main gallery where the original RB30 oil pressure sender screw into & it gradually goes off the chart to 100psi at idle..... Im running 15/40 shell helix mineral oil, the std oil pressure gauge on the dash reads about 3/4. Not sure if I have an issue with the oil thickness or a bodgy gauge....

Anyone else had this?

I havnt fully warmed it up yet as still fitting the wideband sensor & want to make sure all is good

Cheers, Matt

I see 100psi at idle when cold (N1 pump), at normal operating temp. I see ~40psi at 2000rpm, ~60psi at 3000rpm, ~80psi at 4000rpm and 100psi after that. Hot idle sees 10-20psi depending on how hot the oil is.

I see 100psi at idle when cold (N1 pump), at normal operating temp. I see ~40psi at 2000rpm, ~60psi at 3000rpm, ~80psi at 4000rpm and 100psi after that. Hot idle sees 10-20psi depending on how hot the oil is.

Thanks, I warmed it right up last night & found pretty much the same result as yours, I was just a bit sus that I may have had something more sisnister causing it. Do you run a restrictor for your turbo oil feed? Im running GT3540 (brand new) & noticed a bit of oil in the compressor, I know they have small feed holes down in the cartridge but thinking I may need one in the block fitting similar to the standard banjo style or weather its just settling

come on strap that thing on i wanna see the response of it :P

lol

went to my mates workshop last night as he finally got the 26 back in the 32gtst that's in there. Took some measurements to see where the plenum sits in relation to strut tower etc. discovered I will need to get a 33 clutch master cylinder (which is good because mine just started leaking hehe).

Will be dropping the plenum off to be welded up later this week, once I get it back we can start bolting stuff on :O

Got a paintball tournament in 3 weeks and will be training a lot until then so it will be slow progress :O

Hi Guys,

just a quick question.

i have a R32 rb25de head with no cams and was thinking of getting the following:

2202-RN170, IN (256deg) (Lift 8.8) (valve timing 110)

2202-RN175, EX (264deg) (Lift 9.0) (valve timing 115)

what are your ideas on how these will go on a RB30/25 build

lol

went to my mates workshop last night as he finally got the 26 back in the 32gtst that's in there. Took some measurements to see where the plenum sits in relation to strut tower etc. discovered I will need to get a 33 clutch master cylinder (which is good because mine just started leaking hehe).

Will be dropping the plenum off to be welded up later this week, once I get it back we can start bolting stuff on :D

Got a paintball tournament in 3 weeks and will be training a lot until then so it will be slow progress :P

I'm having the exact same issue with an aftermarket plenum.

if you can post some pics with the r33 one installed that would be great.

What head are those cams to suit?

the cams are for an RB20DET

i was wanting to get 264 in and out but the person i have been talk to can only do the below combo.

the other option i was thinking was Tomei Poncams 256 in and out with 8.5mm lift

I'm having the exact same issue with an aftermarket plenum.

if you can post some pics with the r33 one installed that would be great.

Will do.

There is apparently some slight modification of the pushrod that needs to be made but my mate has done this before, I'll try document it for yas :D

If you have a look at your stocker one, imagine that the cylinder doesn't extend past the resevoir.. that's how big a 33 one is.

On another note, dropped my plenum bits off at the fabricator yesterday afternoon! :D

Will do.

There is apparently some slight modification of the pushrod that needs to be made but my mate has done this before, I'll try document it for yas :D

If you have a look at your stocker one, imagine that the cylinder doesn't extend past the resevoir.. that's how big a 33 one is.

On another note, dropped my plenum bits off at the fabricator yesterday afternoon! :(

I was also looking at aftermarket ones, i spoke to sydney race brakes who advised they should have something but for what price....

Another option is finding one from another make, alot of european cars have small cylinders with remote tanks.

Since my plenum is custom theres no rounded end so its the same heigh for the whole lenght.

Ill post pics when i get time.

I was also looking at aftermarket ones, i spoke to sydney race brakes who advised they should have something but for what price....

Another option is finding one from another make, alot of european cars have small cylinders with remote tanks.

Since my plenum is custom theres no rounded end so its the same heigh for the whole lenght.

Ill post pics when i get time.

$140 for a 33gtst clutch master cylinder. Shorten the pushrod slightly and bobs your aunty. I'm going to need to put mine in soon as I'm losing ~1/2 the resevoir in a little more than a day.

the cams are for an RB20DET

i was wanting to get 264 in and out but the person i have been talk to can only do the below combo.

the other option i was thinking was Tomei Poncams 256 in and out with 8.5mm lift

any opinions people?

• 2 weeks later...

Im putting a 26/30 into my r32 gtst. I am going to buy a new standard balancer to go with it. Does anyone know which one is the best to use? I am thinking rb26 but are all the belts the same. I dont have A/C anymore so that ones not an issue

cheers guys!

from memory it depends which power steering pump you are using, and if the belts line up correctly. Assuming the alternator/water pump belts are the same.

but for the price of the ross units why not just get one of them?

Edited by TiTAN

I read a few pages back that there are engine mounts that can be used to lower the motor a bit. Can someone please:

1) verify that this works?

2) confirm how much lowering we're talking about?

3) confirm where to get these engine mounts from?

Oh yeah, we started up the RB2630 the other day after a long arse build - thanks to everyone here who gave valuable info through PMs etc. So far we've made 330rwkw on 14psi through the auto gearbox. Torque was at 487nm, and it was at this point where the flex plate in the auto gave up (see pic below)

flexplatedamage160908xx2.th.jpg

A new item has been sourced n sent down to MV Automatics for strengthening :bunny: