SAU Community

Gb: Ge Xenon Hid Kits

gexenon

Organising GB for GEXENON HID conversion kits.

To say a big thank you to SAU, $5 will be donated for every kit sold.

These are the real deal gentlemen!! All kits are made in the USA by GE. They are of OEM qulity and come with 2 year local warranty by the distributor. These kits are used by FORD & GM

specifications are avaliable on the local distributor website www.gexenon.com.au

Sizes avaliable are:

H1, H3, H4 BiXenon, H7, h11, HB3, HB4, D2S, D2R

*BiXenon means HID on both high and low beams.

Colours: 4300K, 6000K, 8000K, 10000K (for best light output and performance, use 6000K)

the local distributor only stocks 6000K kits. Delivery is within 1 week. all other colours need to be imported from US and can take up to 4 weeks to arrive.

Kits include:

2 x HID bulbs

2 x Electronic ballasts

2 x Mounting Brackets

1 x pack of screws & bolts

wiring loom

These kits do not come with installation manuals, they are purchased as OEM products. for installation guide visit http://www.gexenon.com.au/GE/products_installation.htm

Pricing is as follows: (complete kit, everything included)

H1, H3, H7, H11, HB3, HB4 - $250 delivered

H4 BiXenon- $330 delivered

D2S, D2R - $290 delivered

Delivery within Australia using TNT express.

Warranty covers manufacturing faults and defects, does not include physical damage to bulbs or ballasts.

Tax invoice will be issued with every purchase.

For orders please email [email protected] and memtion SAU GB. You will be issued a Invoice with payment details.

payment methods: Direct Deposit, Cheque, Paypal. Paypal will incure a 5% surchage.

Group Buy ending 15/02/07

This is the product brochure:

ge%20page%201.JPG

ge%20page%202.JPG

Actual product image.

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0774.JPG

IMG_0775.JPG

IMG_0777.JPG

GEXENON HIDs are made to exact halogen replacement specifications. This improves beam pattern and reduces glare.

IMG_0780.JPG

H1 & H3 GEXENON HID bulbs, notice that they are not generic

IMG_0782.JPG

H3 HID and H3 Halogen

IMG_0784.JPG

H1 HID & H1 Halogen

Edited by gexenon

I could be keen also..

When does this group buy end?

Could you please find out for me if the ballasts are waterproof..

Also is this a plug and play unit?

Cheers mate

Sidd.

hi mate, yes ballasts are waterproof. For installation, go to http://www.gexenon.com.au/GE/products_installation.htm

it is plug & play. you can see the full installation in the above link. Thanks

Cheers for that..

im just worried about the R33 Series 2 headlight reflectors. Heard from a fair few ppl complaining about using Hids in them.. That is it doesnt disperse evenly and basically dont like using hids in them..

Have you heard anything about this?

Apparently its only for the series 2 r33..

Cheers for that..

im just worried about the R33 Series 2 headlight reflectors. Heard from a fair few ppl complaining about using Hids in them.. That is it doesnt disperse evenly and basically dont like using hids in them..

Have you heard anything about this?

Apparently its only for the series 2 r33..

Cheap HID kits are made to be generic sizes, therefor the focal point (where the filament is) doesn't match the halogen equivalent. Each size of halogen, H1, H3 all have different focal points so when replacing with HIDs that don't compensate for this, thats why the light pattern is poor. These kits are OEM and made for each size of halogen bulbs they replace. The light pattern will be very similar to your headlights if not the same.

Cheap HID kits are made to be generic sizes, therefor the focal point (where the filament is) doesn't match the halogen equivalent. Each size of halogen, H1, H3 all have different focal points so when replacing with HIDs that don't compensate for this, thats why the light pattern is poor. These kits are OEM and made for each size of halogen bulbs they replace. The light pattern will be very similar to your headlights if not the same.

Would you care to give a money back guarantee on this being true for this product? I have a s2 r33 and have seen a few guys with HID kits in a s2 r33 and the extreme brightness of the HID has dispersed all over the place because of the unique reflector style enclosures our series 2 have. Its quite annoying to other drivers - i know, i drove infront of them!!

Its also worth noting you can get defected for having HID's. Its is BS but true, some of the above mentioned people i know have been in sydney.

Edited by Xizor

these are the first suppliers I've seen that publish beam cutoff photos of their product. kudos.

Edit - RE Xizor's post I am interested in your answer to that.. the main thing stopping me from an HID conversion is exactly that issue - that you end up blinding oncoming drivers because the beam cutoff is not sharp any more, hence the headlight cannot be aimed properly. Judging by the photos on the website it looks like a good product, but S2 R33 reflectors might be different to the demo vehicle! I would like to see a beam cutoff comparison between halogen and GE HIDs in a S2 R33.

Defected for HIDs isn't BS, done improperly such a mod can be quite dangerous to other drivers. At least if this brand lives up to its claims it will be a far better option than most! (and let's face it, just about every damn thing that's worth doing is illegal these days).

Edited by Kinks

I will be more than happy to test it out on mine!!

AS i mentioned above i asked the same thing..

Another friend of mine has a jap brand hid in his series 2 33 or a was it a really good quailyt hid brand.. anyways i will ask him if he seems to have any problems..

Gexenons, if you would like to test it on a series 2, i am more than happy to try it out lol..

Would you care to give a money back guarantee on this being true for this product? I have a s2 r33 and have seen a few guys with HID kits in a s2 r33 and the extreme brightness of the HID has dispersed all over the place because of the unique reflector style enclosures our series 2 have. Its quite annoying to other drivers - i know, i drove infront of them!!

Its also worth noting you can get defected for having HID's. Its is BS but true, some of the above mentioned people i know have been in sydney.

Hi mate,

HIDs are not road legal in Australia. Like many mods. If you don't want this risk, don't buy it.

as regards to giving money back, i can't do this as the product will be used. If you are so concerned, i suggest you wait for other members reviews on this product.

these are the first suppliers I've seen that publish beam cutoff photos of their product. kudos.

Edit - RE Xizor's post I am interested in your answer to that.. the main thing stopping me from an HID conversion is exactly that issue - that you end up blinding oncoming drivers because the beam cutoff is not sharp any more, hence the headlight cannot be aimed properly. Judging by the photos on the website it looks like a good product, but S2 R33 reflectors might be different to the demo vehicle! I would like to see a beam cutoff comparison between halogen and GE HIDs in a S2 R33.

Defected for HIDs isn't BS, done improperly such a mod can be quite dangerous to other drivers. At least if this brand lives up to its claims it will be a far better option than most! (and let's face it, just about every damn thing that's worth doing is illegal these days).

Unfortunaly i don't have photos of any S2 R33s, i drive a 32 GTR and will have photos soon to post up. The demo vehicle is a VZ Monaro.

Some cars from factory such as 430 Lexus came with reflector HIDs. You will find the cut off not as sharp as projector types. Its the very nature of the housing unfortunately.

I don't suspect that the beam in a reflector housing will be as sharp as the one in the photo due to the housing being of reflector type. Unfortunately there is no way arround it.

I stand behind this product 100% and believe its the only decent HID conversion system on the market (apart from Hella & Phillips kits). These are the best kits money can buy, but still can't beat a HID OEM housing.

GE Xenon, I will help to clarify up some of the issues raised in this thread for you.

A halogen projector or reflector will not work well with a xenon bulb.

I will begin with a halogen reflector. A xenon bulb has a differently placed focal point, as well as the shape of the light source is different. The halogen reflector is designed to focus a halogen light source. Light output will be poor on the road. Furthermore, because the reflector was not designed for the xenon bulb, a lot of the light will be shining upwards. Thus, you have poor light on the road, and lots of light up (glare). You'll also have mega hot spots. If someone driving towards you falls into the hotspot, they'll get massive glare, as opposed to a properly designed housing (oem hid) where the light is even in the light spread.

A halogen projector is designed to focus a halogen light source. The cutoff will remain the same because it has an internal cutoff shield. However, the problem is, that light is still going all over the place, it's just being blocked by the cutoff shield. Light output on the road will still be poor like the halogen reflector. You'll still have mega hot spots.

YES there is oem reflector hid. The thing is, just because there is oem hid reflector, that deosnt' mean it's the same thing as putting a 'hid kit' into a halogen reflector. Optics have to be very very very very precise. Even moving the light source 1 mm will haev a huge effect. A hid reflector is physically designed differently, because of the different shape of the hid light source.

I'll give you an anolgy. Think of your light source as a laser pointer. Shine it onto a hand mirror. If you move the laser pointer ever so slightly, it'll move the beam by ALOT even at a distance of about 5 mitres. Imagine over a distance of 75-100m, the light could move 10 mitres upwards. Picture your headlight as being millions of laserbeams shining in all directinos and imagine the mess caused by incorrect optics.

PS: I have written numerous threads on this guys. If you search for them, I have provided links with pics to demonstrate my point.

for starters, google daniel stern lighting. That's the best lighting 101 you can read.

Guys, I am not explaining anything new. Physics is physics. Just because there has been an influx of cheap kits from asia doesn't mean that the laws of physics are bent.

PS: I have demonstration units to show what I mean.

I have an r32 reflector, r32 projector, r33 reflector set up with a kit just to show the crap output.

I also have a oem lexus gs300 reflector to show how good the light can be from reflector. Very nice cutoff (not as good as projector, but still very good, and good light output).

I also have an oem projector setup to show the hid projector light output

Also, just to worn people about this product (I'm not breaking forum rules, just trying to make sure people don't have an engine bay fire). The kit is not relayed. While hid normally runs 35 watts once started, it draws huge power when it's starting. All of the extra load on the stock power system will blow the fuse. As part of these kits, they always ask you to install an uprated fuse (20 watt fuse when the stock one is 10).

If you want to run the risk of an engine bay fire, and shorten the life of your headlight switch, then do it.

When I do retrofits (i.e. install oem projectors into other cars, I use a large relay from the battery with large guage wire to handle the power.

PS: As per the forum rules, you're running this group buy for the benefit of your self. hell, your name is even ge xenon - same as the product you're selling.

Edited by MANWHORE