SAU Community

Gb: Ge Xenon Hid Kits

gexenon

Hi mate,

i never claim that it will be the same result as OEM HID housings, if you read the above posts carefully, i have always brought to attention some of the concerns members have.

You are mistaken by saying that focal point in HID replacements are not the same as Halogen equivalents. As i have explain before, generic HID kits have a generic focal point which doesn't match the halogen equivalent. These kits are manufactured to be true replacements, therefor matching the focal point of the equivalent halogen bulb. I've explained this 3 times already. Please don't post again on how the focal points on gexenon kits are different please.

You are however right about the shape of the light source. HIDs are an arc, where as halogens are filaments. This will result in some differences in light patterns and depends from housing to housing.

We just sold a kit to rich with a c280 merc. He has agreed to post photos of the cut off and beam pattern.

I have to ask if you have tried a GE, Phillips or Hella HID kit before? If you are commenting on lesser quality kits, the problems you have memtioned do apply. Please hold back these comments until a proper review has been submitted.

GE Xenon, I will help to clarify up some of the issues raised in this thread for you.

A halogen projector or reflector will not work well with a xenon bulb.

I will begin with a halogen reflector. A xenon bulb has a differently placed focal point, as well as the shape of the light source is different. The halogen reflector is designed to focus a halogen light source. Light output will be poor on the road. Furthermore, because the reflector was not designed for the xenon bulb, a lot of the light will be shining upwards. Thus, you have poor light on the road, and lots of light up (glare). You'll also have mega hot spots. If someone driving towards you falls into the hotspot, they'll get massive glare, as opposed to a properly designed housing (oem hid) where the light is even in the light spread.

A halogen projector is designed to focus a halogen light source. The cutoff will remain the same because it has an internal cutoff shield. However, the problem is, that light is still going all over the place, it's just being blocked by the cutoff shield. Light output on the road will still be poor like the halogen reflector. You'll still have mega hot spots.

YES there is oem reflector hid. The thing is, just because there is oem hid reflector, that deosnt' mean it's the same thing as putting a 'hid kit' into a halogen reflector. Optics have to be very very very very precise. Even moving the light source 1 mm will haev a huge effect. A hid reflector is physically designed differently, because of the different shape of the hid light source.

I'll give you an anolgy. Think of your light source as a laser pointer. Shine it onto a hand mirror. If you move the laser pointer ever so slightly, it'll move the beam by ALOT even at a distance of about 5 mitres. Imagine over a distance of 75-100m, the light could move 10 mitres upwards. Picture your headlight as being millions of laserbeams shining in all directinos and imagine the mess caused by incorrect optics.

PS: I have written numerous threads on this guys. If you search for them, I have provided links with pics to demonstrate my point.

for starters, google daniel stern lighting. That's the best lighting 101 you can read.

Guys, I am not explaining anything new. Physics is physics. Just because there has been an influx of cheap kits from asia doesn't mean that the laws of physics are bent.

Edited by gexenon

If you are trying to protect your retro fitting business, then thats fine. I don't argue that retro fitting HIDs give a much better result. However, everyone is on a budget and can't afford the $1000+ for retrofitting. I'm here to give facts, and everything in this thread has been a fact. I've tried to show the cut offs and inform buyers of all concerns before they buy.

Oh by the way, if your HID kits are causing fires, then they are off bad quality/design. GEXENON has sold around 6000 kits world wide and have never caused a fire. Don't even try to compare the cheap asian made HIDs to quality products you have never tried.

PS: I have demonstration units to show what I mean.

I have an r32 reflector, r32 projector, r33 reflector set up with a kit just to show the crap output.

I also have a oem lexus gs300 reflector to show how good the light can be from reflector. Very nice cutoff (not as good as projector, but still very good, and good light output).

I also have an oem projector setup to show the hid projector light output

Also, just to worn people about this product (I'm not breaking forum rules, just trying to make sure people don't have an engine bay fire). The kit is not relayed. While hid normally runs 35 watts once started, it draws huge power when it's starting. All of the extra load on the stock power system will blow the fuse. As part of these kits, they always ask you to install an uprated fuse (20 watt fuse when the stock one is 10).

If you want to run the risk of an engine bay fire, and shorten the life of your headlight switch, then do it.

When I do retrofits (i.e. install oem projectors into other cars, I use a large relay from the battery with large guage wire to handle the power.

PS: As per the forum rules, you're running this group buy for the benefit of your self. hell, your name is even ge xenon - same as the product you're selling.

hi mate,

Can you tell me which one is used for the r32 gtr, I look at the website and can't seem to find skyline or gtr under Nissan.

cheers

There were two types, earlier models came with H3Cs (H3 kit suits with no mods needed), i think 93 on wards, they came with H1s. My is a 93 and came with H1s. This is for low beam.V

To be sure, pull the bulb out and check, there is no refund because you have ordered the wrong size.

Um, I don't own a retrofitting business. I wouldn't do it for money. So please don't go all defensive. I do it on my own cars as a hobby. My dad's an electrical engineer and we work with optics and lighting circuits. We also do this stuff for research purposes (self interest learning).

I'm just helping out other sau members answering their questions, and sharing some of my knowledge. I'm not going to say anymore after this post, so you don't need to reply. I'm not hindering your sale, just sharing knowledge and replying to your reply.

PS: When you say don't compare it with cheap asian products I have never tried. How can you be so sure about that?

Are you trying to say ge xenon isn't made in Asia?

I have over 20 different brands of hid kit ballasts sitting on my bench. After opening them all, many of them share the same internals. Many of them even share the same cases just with a different label. your case is identical to about 15 of them.

Hid is hardly advanced technology. The ballasts just power the bulb. ok, lets assume your ballast is good, I have no problems with that. All of the ones on my bench all work as they should.

What makes your bulbs special compared to all the other bulbs of all the other brands? The light output will be the same.

Edited by MANWHORE

Um, I don't own a retrofitting business. I wouldn't do it for money. So please don't go all defensive. I do it on my own cars as a hobby. My dad's an electrical engineer and we work with optics and lighting circuits. We also do this stuff for research purposes (self interest learning).

I'm just helping out other sau members answering their questions, and sharing some of my knowledge. I'm not going to say anymore after this post, so you don't need to reply. I'm not hindering your sale, just sharing knowledge and replying to your reply.

PS: When you say don't compare it with cheap asian products I have never tried. How can you be so sure about that?

Are you trying to say ge xenon isn't made in Asia?

I have over 20 different brands of hid kit ballasts sitting on my bench. After opening them all, many of them share the same internals. Many of them even share the same cases just with a different label. your case is identical to about 15 of them.

Hid is hardly advanced technology. The ballasts just power the bulb. ok, lets assume your ballast is good, I have no problems with that. All of the ones on my bench all work as they should.

What makes your bulbs special compared to all the other bulbs of all the other brands? The light output will be the same.

Hi,

i'm also trying to give facts about HIDs. Lets not argue anymore. The reviews and photos of the install will tell a better story.

As i have explain before, ge hids are made to halogen size equivalents to they have the correct focal points. i don't think i need to explain this again as i have pointed it out many times.

Its stupid to assume just because the light output is the same, that the kits are the same. As you have pointed it out many times before, the focal length and beam pattern is important. So its not just about light output.

As for ballasts, i'll post up photos of all brand name HIDs such as phillips and hella. They all look very similar. The componets and quality control is better from GE which makes it a quality product. You have said yourself that cheap kits can cause engine fires due to lack of testing and faulty design. Just because they look the same, doesn't mean they are the same.

I think we have discussed in detail the pro and cons of HIDs. All readers of this thread are fully aware of all facts. We can just leave the discussion at that and wait for the reviews

Any chance of just buying 2x6000k replacement bulbs?

My 8000k are a bit too blue.

No probs, they are $60 each. plus postage of $10. They will be send via express post so you will recieve within a week from order date.

You will not recieve warranty as you are using unknown ballast systems. Just be aware of this.

Ok, i've taken some photos to prove that focal lengths of GEXENON HIDs match the halogen equivalents. This is what makes them special.

IMG_0780.JPG

H1 & H3 GEXENON HID bulbs, notice that they are not generic

IMG_0782.JPG

H3 HID and H3 Halogen

IMG_0784.JPG

H1 HID & H1 Halogen

Also, have a look at the Phillips ballast, they look the same to alot of other ballasts but have higher quality control, better design and quality componets.

Philips_xenon_2ballast_2bulbs.JPG

Hi gexenon - I'm curious, whey doesnt your box show a GE logo at all? Your website shows a box which displays the GE logo.

This isn't a genuine "General Electric" branded Xenon kit is it?

It's actually "GE Xenon" correct... A copy?

Hi,

there are two series in the GE brand. There is a competition series, and also a performance series. The group buy is for performance series. If you would like to have competition series, they are $789 + shipping. Its up to you. But they are both genuine GE.

IMG_0785.JPG

I've also updated the first post including all the product brochures with all the specs.

Edited by gexenon

Hi mate.

Its pretty obvious you are a business.

Please PM me for details on how to become an approved SAU Business Trader if you wish to sell goods on our forum.

Please do not start anymore threads, doing so will result in them also being locked.

Thanks.

Thanks.