SAU Community

Mercury Motorsport

nismoskyline32

hi there,

have u guys taken your cars to Mercury Motorsport for tuning?

i have visited their web site saying they can edit and re-tune the factory Nissan ECU.

just wonder is it worth for $330 for installing a new computer chip and pay another 2 hrs pay for the dyno tune(what they recommand)

just want to know how they play with the factory ECU...haahh

http://www.mercurymotorsport.com.au/produc...nedit/index.htm

I took my old car there. It's the same remap that Dr does (they bought the software) and I made just as much power as I would have with an aftermarket ECU. After the initial $330 remap I was only charged 1 hr for the dyno, so that equates to just under $500. Bargain if you ask me!

I took my old car there. It's the same remap that Dr does (they bought the software) and I made just as much power as I would have with an aftermarket ECU. After the initial $330 remap I was only charged 1 hr for the dyno, so that equates to just under $500. Bargain if you ask me!

i was told even dr drift cant re-map the R33 stock ecu?

I havent taken my car there for tunning but ive taken all my cars for repairs and work done with them they are up there.

Ive used alot of workshops around Brisbane mercury by far is the best out of them.

I've used them for

100K service (timing belt/water pump)

Pads and slotted rotors

Gearbox oil

Highflow turbo and power fc install/tune

all in all not a bad place, i wouldn't call them faultless or the cheapest but i'm reasonably happy with the work performed and i'd still go back there again.

Actually a stock r33 ecu can be remapped but the chip that needs to be used can only be written to once so fine tuning can be very expensive as many many chips will be needed this is why it isnt common place.

Mercury can re-tune the factory ECU on Nissan's I was not aware they could do the R33, as last time I talked to them they could not.

I have known Trent for many years and thus why I took my car there. I had PFC install, walbro, GFB atomic controller (which does not spike...) installed and tuned and happy with the work. I even go my dyno printouts emailed, all 3, torque, boost and afr.

I have also heard good reports from Allstar and also bad reports from Allstar. As wil most places its personal preference. That said I am unsure where I am going to get my PFC tuned after I install my FMIC, so carry on people with the posts. oh and the install and tune cost me $500 including cold start tune the following day, total 3 hours dyno time.

i have been to mercury many a time and have had my ECU remapped by them with their Dr Drift software...

they are generally pretty expensive but do a good job on their work. i have had plenty of work done there.

there's no one else in QLD that can do the remap that they can do with the stock ECU, so telling this guy to go to allstar is kind of pointless because he would have to go out and get a powerFC to get an equivalent tune

so just do it mate and dont regret it!

I won't go back to Mercury. they told me i needed a full engine rebuild on my GTir. turns out the problem is that it has solid lifters which are stock on them, which they thought were causing the pistons to slap (which wasnt actually happening), WTF!!! my mechanic said the car was in perfect condition.

also, mercury were the ones that built that car originally, hope that helps you decide :(

agreed... another (well, many) negative experiences with mercury here.... they will never touch one of my cars again.

oh, and as for other people who can remap the stock ECU, talk to matty spry, as i believe he can do it as well.

failing that, you could fly drdrift up for another tuning tour.

Mercury gets the nod by me.

I've had my old gtst tuned by mercury numerous times. Trent and the boys are pretty helpful and u can approach them and talk about ur plans etc.

Also richard from allstar does quality work and he's a good bloke.