SAU Community

Sau Driver Training Day

32 4whore

SAU Driver Training Day  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i could try and organise AIR for ya brenton, would need a definatate on numbers......im using the track for myself soon - need confidents again, you'll need to orgasise a pro driver of sorts? not a drifter, probly more a circuit type driver

as for the port.g debarcle, they have insurance but arent yet allowed to have cars on the track again as there insurance will not allow this......however, rules will be changing around october time so we'll see then

I have done the AAMI one before in my old Datto c210.

I am aware that i cant drop the clutch and hold on.

Thats why i asked if anyone new of anything else that I/ We can go to?

I did a course with John Bowe Institute of Driving. They do everything really, I did a racing and skid control course. Taught me how to get more out of lap times and handle the car in a skid. They do a range of courses and its basically doing laps of Malalla with a professional driver (I had a V8 Supercar driver with me) and they instruct you on your technique. Then you compare your times, but they also do a advanced driving course at Malalla too which is the same but less focus on car position and more on control.

http://www.johnbowedriving.com/

I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to learn their car in a safe environment (Advanced Driving Course) or likes to learn to shave seconds off lap times (High Performance).

Courses are expensive (like $200-300) but you get group discounts, you dont need a CAMS licence and its the only time your allowed an instructor in the car. You get lunch, drinks, breakfast, etc and the pretty much as much track time as you can handle.

Im starting to sound like I work for them but its well worth it I recommend it to everyone.

Just taken off the website:

(High Performance Course)

You will learn the correct lines for high speed cornering.

How to make faster and smoother gear changes - both up and down.

Not to 'overdrive' and its relationship to lap times.

How to make a circuit flow by correct use of vision to link corners.

Skid control techniques and myths.

How to get the most out of your car.

It says you need to have done other courses, but I didnt before I went to this one, it's not required.

If anyone is keen, feel free to PM me I'll be going in March regardless would be nice to see some Skylines out there instead of Elises, Porsches, V8's, 350z's and S15's :laugh:

Definantely interested in this.

$200 - $300 for a course that could one day save your life isn't that bad really. I want to get an EBC for my car but I'll hold off for this if necessary.

Been meaning to do one so now's the time.

I did a course with John Bowe Institute of Driving. They do everything really, I did a racing and skid control course. Taught me how to get more out of lap times and handle the car in a skid. They do a range of courses and its basically doing laps of Malalla with a professional driver (I had a V8 Supercar driver with me) and they instruct you on your technique. Then you compare your times, but they also do a advanced driving course at Malalla too which is the same but less focus on car position and more on control.

http://www.johnbowedriving.com/

I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to learn their car in a safe environment (Advanced Driving Course) or likes to learn to shave seconds off lap times (High Performance).

Courses are expensive (like $200-300) but you get group discounts, you dont need a CAMS licence and its the only time your allowed an instructor in the car. You get lunch, drinks, breakfast, etc and the pretty much as much track time as you can handle.

very keen, please give them a call and see how many people they require for group discount :sleep:

very keen, please give them a call and see how many people they require for group discount :sleep:

I went with 10 and got it for $265 instead of the $350+

Says on his website that the performance course requires the completion of the drive to survive course before commencement.

Still it would be interesting to go out and have a look

Like I said, I never did drive to survive before I did this. I'd recommend the Advanced course before the High Performance though.

Edited by Scrub

Count Me in.

I dont care if my car is stock.

Learn to drive before anything else.

Ok so the new organiser is Scrub. But i will help out as much as possible.

I dont care how much its oging to cost me. I cant afford any more bills to fix my car after my accidents