SAU Community

New 350gt Owner, Thought I'd Say Hi

Hey, my name is Andy and I bought a 350GT accouple of weeks back. Just saying hello and looking for other members who own this car, looking at swapping info etc. Mines a 2003 premium coupe with Nismo exhaust, rear wing, 19's and accouple of other goodies. Will get some pics soon.

Could I ask, what is everyone average fuel consumption? I use 98 RON fuel and it seems to vary quite a bit.

Also, has anyone ever had any luck converting the DVD/sat nav to AU standard? I know its probably a stretch but just checking.

Have a good one.

Hey, my name is Andy and I bought a 350GT accouple of weeks back. Just saying hello and looking for other members who own this car, looking at swapping info etc. Mines a 2003 premium coupe with Nismo exhaust, rear wing, 19's and accouple of other goodies. Will get some pics soon.

Could I ask, what is everyone average fuel consumption? I use 98 RON fuel and it seems to vary quite a bit.

Nice. Try the "Next Skyline" subforum, but as the cars are quite new in Australia there aren't too many owners. You'd be just as well off finding a US-based G35 forum for information. I moderate the Australian section of 350Z-Tech, which has a strong Australian contingent of 350Z / V35 owners as well as being a US-based site. Some solid info on the cars on there, since the Z33 and V35 share platforms.

Also, has anyone ever had any luck converting the DVD/sat nav to AU standard? I know its probably a stretch but just checking.

See here. Looks like the answer is "no".

I average about 8km per litre in city driving and 10.5km per litre on the freeway. With a 75 litre tank that can get alittle exxy but we'll see, I thought 350Z's has better economy (considering they are essentially the same mechanicall).

Thanks for the info, will be joining 350Z tech.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, fuel consumption shocked me at first. Now it's around 7km per litre. I think it's way to much for my car, but not sure what is wrong. Had ECU remapped and didn't really help.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the consumption was fantastic! I get 9L /100km. Compared to my previous car, Lexus LS430 which used 11.5/100km.

I've tried almost everything to convert it over, even tried the uncontactable xanavi informatics company who make the DVD Navigation software for the Nissan Skyline V35 / Infiniti G35 coupe. Apparently Australia is too insignificant compared to the rest of the world.

xanavi.co.jp - All these guys need to do is supply a Australian version of the navigation software and we're done! but they're as holes. :)

There's one guy I know in petersham that can do a conversion, however it means that you can only use the pop up screen as just that, the original DVD player in the dash will need to be replaced with another chinese version which plays DVD's and the nav software. But he charges around $1500+

If anyone can help! it would be fantastic!

Hey andy, always good to meet another 35 owner.

I've done alot of research into the dvd sat/ nav myself and always come up dry. The best thing I've found is the following convertor which is required if you wish to use the screen for anything.

nav convertor

Also guys, could anyone who's interested in a v35 specific section of the forum chuck there two cents in here

v35 specific forum post

would be a good place to share info and v35 specific resources

Nice. Try the "Next Skyline" subforum, but as the cars are quite new in Australia there aren't too many owners.

No don't do that. It's not a new car anymore by any standard, and the V36 is out in numbers in Japan so in the General Skyline section it stays.

I realise I quoted an old post, but from now on, V35 threads posted in 'The Next Skyline' will be moved to General Skyline section.

it's funny they still call it "the next skyline" when in fact they've been around for 6 years and are still the current model.

The should rename this forum the dinosaur skyline.

it's funny they still call it "the next skyline" when in fact they've been around for 6 years and are still the current model.

The should rename this forum the dinosaur skyline.

V35 is actually the previous model now. V36 here we come. When is compliance going to be ready for the V36 ..... droool