SAU Community

New Laws About "p Platers" & Power To Weight In June 07?

Ricos

you just found out now your r33 is illegal to drive on p's ?

Hey all, just to clarify this matter for use all... I happend 2 get pulled over not even an hour ago in my R33 by a TMU officer, M. MOOHAN a senior constable from Fawkner. Anyways... he said 2 me that out of the factory my car is illegal due to power to weight ratios... $112 fine and not allowed to drive until fully licenced. Stock out of factory i said?.. hmm.. doesn't my car weigh 1500kgs and have 187kw... do the math and that = 124kw per tonne!.. UNDER THE 125kw limit. Yet my rego specifies that it only weighs 1400.. hmm. dunno wtf is with that? Out of factory you might say.. which means no petrol no water no oil and overall less weight etc etc.. but i'll be damned if u can drive any car out of the factory without petrol, oil and water. So I am absoloutely pisst off as to why my car is weighed in by Vic Roads at 1400 and to why i got that fine and can't drive my car until August (when im fully licenced). On top of all this i asked him why and his like don't give me the figures i don't know, all i know is that by the "book / law the rb25det is illegal to drive on your P's, you can put slabs of concrete in the back of your car its not going to make any difference." And i also quote "i'm lucky that their not allowed to give out demerit points for this fine as yet as it's not in the book" or something along those lines.. but yeh.. just for all you peoples info.. im soo depressed right now.. honeslty.. people out there killing each other.. we have no water here in melbourne households yet factories use a million litres a day.. and cops are worried about a bit of power over weight ratio.. omfg wat has this world come to... moses and jesus would be rolling in their graves! (not that jesus was buried but yeh)

Peace out love use all .. mwa!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg honeslty people like u shit the fk outa me... "i sit at the lgihts and do nuffin etc etc" yet u have those personaliesd plates? bit of a contradiction dont u think??? and yeh cos i was hooning by the copper wasnt i? incase u didnt notice i didnt get a fine for speeding or hooning or doin anything UNLAAWFUL!!! fk!! and the limit is 125kw/tonne not 122... and our cars weigh more than 1400!!!... 1400 is without the driver oil petrol and water.. the wont fkn move without those key factors.. its like giviing evidence in a court case.. this is soo stupid!!! nothing agiansts u personally mate apart from ur quick judgment of me having 2 hoon 2 get pulled over.. tsk tsk tsk...

ey dickhead im about to lose my license.. i have also done a shitload more stupid stuff on the street than you have.. i have also had my car impounded with the new hoon laws.. u think im an angel??

im telling u how to act u retard.

mate look up hoon in the dictionary ull c me ripping a Steve-O pose...

geeze ur an idiot.

Edited by LTHLRB

Hey all, just to clarify this matter for use all... I happend 2 get pulled over not even an hour ago in my R33 by a TMU officer, M. MOOHAN a senior constable from Fawkner. Anyways... he said 2 me that out of the factory my car is illegal due to power to weight ratios... $112 fine and not allowed to drive until fully licenced. Stock out of factory i said?.. hmm.. doesn't my car weigh 1500kgs and have 187kw... do the math and that = 124kw per tonne!.. UNDER THE 125kw limit. Yet my rego specifies that it only weighs 1400.. hmm. dunno wtf is with that? Out of factory you might say.. which means no petrol no water no oil and overall less weight etc etc.. but i'll be damned if u can drive any car out of the factory without petrol, oil and water. So I am absoloutely pisst off as to why my car is weighed in by Vic Roads at 1400 and to why i got that fine and can't drive my car until August (when im fully licenced). On top of all this i asked him why and his like don't give me the figures i don't know, all i know is that by the "book / law the rb25det is illegal to drive on your P's, you can put slabs of concrete in the back of your car its not going to make any difference." And i also quote "i'm lucky that their not allowed to give out demerit points for this fine as yet as it's not in the book" or something along those lines.. but yeh.. just for all you peoples info.. im soo depressed right now.. honeslty.. people out there killing each other.. we have no water here in melbourne households yet factories use a million litres a day.. and cops are worried about a bit of power over weight ratio.. omfg wat has this world come to... moses and jesus would be rolling in their graves! (not that jesus was buried but yeh)

Peace out love use all .. mwa!

Go learn the road laws. And also read up about the car you drive, and what it actually weights... 1500kg's... you gotta be on crack to think an R33 weights that much wet.

All the information regarding the laws is freely accesible over the internet for gods sake, you dont even have to go anywhere to find out but your PC chair.

And its all been covered HUNDREDS OF TIMES :)

Sounds like you got exactly what you had coming to you for not even know

1) The weigh of your car

2) The law surrounding driving it illegal

Thats all i have to say because your so full of incorrect information its astonishing.

I could go on forever but its useless with people who dont even take the time to reseatch before coming here to whinge about something they are totally wrong about.

and our cars weigh more than 1400!!!... 1400 is without the driver oil petrol and water.. the wont fkn move without those key factors.. its like giviing evidence in a court case.. this is soo stupid!!!

Your so wrong and deluded its not funny mate.

Go to court and beat it, i'll be laughing when you get demolished in court because of invalid fact

*Damn people spamming posts while im posting*

also.. how is the worlds deaths and our water problem or the price of bananas or the way the end of a louve of bread looks got anything with high powered vehicles?

if you wana have a cry.. sell your car and buy a mazda 121 auto not manual so u cant do burnouts..

and you are doing something UNLAWWWWFUL.. you were driving an illegal car..

good day.

omg honeslty people like u shit the fk outa me... "i sit at the lgihts and do nuffin etc etc" yet u have those personaliesd plates? bit of a contradiction dont u think??? and yeh cos i was hooning by the copper wasnt i? incase u didnt notice i didnt get a fine for speeding or hooning or doin anything UNLAAWFUL!!! fk!! and the limit is 125kw/tonne not 122... and our cars weigh more than 1400!!!... 1400 is without the driver oil petrol and water.. the wont fkn move without those key factors.. its like giviing evidence in a court case.. this is soo stupid!!! nothing agiansts u personally mate apart from ur quick judgment of me having 2 hoon 2 get pulled over.. tsk tsk tsk...

Phill's contradicting himself because he was sitting at the lights doing nothing, but his plates say LTHLRB? How that is contradicting anything is beyond me...care to elaborate?

Ever think that his car might be lethal at calder where he runs it all the time... :nyaanyaa:

hehe dez i think he shat himself over my last couple of posts...

i think theres a sale on at safeway.. half price tissues and toilet paper.. he might needa have a look :kiss:

so cops can actually ban you from driving your own car (if over the power/weight ratio) till your fully licensed? i've always thought that you just get a slap in the face with a fine and thats it.

glad i own an r32 :kiss:

yeh, a bit BS i say. i've heard that they needed a court order to ban you from driving your car as they dont have the power to themselves? but seems like im wrong.

yeh, a bit BS i say. i've heard that they needed a court order to ban you from driving your car as they dont have the power to themselves? but seems like im wrong.

well when you have no more demirt points left (caught twice) it wont matter as you wont have a license.

• 2 weeks later...

hey all.. not here to start arguing or anything - haha i liked the comment about the tissues from safeway, but i brought mine from kmart :laugh:.. anways back 2 the subject at hand... (dunno ur name) R31Nismoid but clarify me on the weight of the skyline "wet".. u said sumthing bout i must be dreaming to think its round the 1500 mark.. not that it matters cos if they went by that weight they'd just jack the power ratio higher... and yeh i happened 2 get pulled over again.. same cop.. nice car tho.. unmarked white ve ss.. very sexy shining in the sun.. just another fine.. no demerit points (thank god!) and yeh.. he remembered me once he saw my licence.. and mentioned this whole forum thingy... he thought it was pretty funny.. so yeh theres a heads up :) HAPPY EASTER EVRYONE.. another 138 days till i can LEGALLY drive my car :laugh:

one more thing. how use always go on about people not knowing wat they're on about when posting on here.. and should get our facts right b4 posting.. and do a search etc etc... well the searchs hardly cum up with exactly wat we want.. like i found this thread for example.. and yeh well i dare say thats why they call it a forum... so we can all communicate and educate each other instead of just putting us down or discriminating :) so people who know the facts like u (R31Nismoid) should set us straight by clarifying the matter instead of just brushing us off in a sense.. bye all!

If you cant work a search button, PM me. I'll help you. Its really quite easy. I use it most days for various reasons.

Wet = a car with fuel/oil etc etc.

The rego sticker is just a joker weight its quite often incorrect. So dont even listen to it

So your saying the addition of oil etc etc would increase the weight, is wrong.

When you look @ factory specs, it will be kerb weight or similar. Thats the true weight of the car. And an R33 isnt 1500kg's wet.

Its closer to around 1400kg from memory. This doesnt include driver... but that doesnt matter for the laws as it goes on a factory weight specification.

And FYI, i've clarified dozens and dozens of times mate, as have others.

People at times get sick of having to re-post the same info once every 2 months or so.

Especially when the information is readily avaliable from VicRoads offices/website. Its not really about knowing the facts when you can get them in under 5 mins.

well cheers 4 the info... but i awlays thought they went by the weight specified on the rego sticker... which is suppose 2 be factory weight and "dry"... yet im getting sites specifying kerb weight as 1530kgs..(http://www.carizma.com.au/Pages/Details%20-%20Skyline%20-%20R33.htm) anways oh wells driving my old mans xf fairmont.... such fun :)