SAU Community

Seems Like I Have Low Power On My R33

tek_01

185RWKW, HUGE torque hole between 4500 - 6000RPM (Power drops to like 100RWKW) and I can still spin 1st and second just by taking off in 1st, punching it around 20-30KM/H and just hang on as it squirms around... Chirp into 3rd occasionally when REALLY punishing it...

Once my torque hole is fixed (Computer is pulling timing atm as someone has modified it with a touch too much timing) should be looking at a very nice and beefy 195-200RWKW...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a series 2 33 with only cat back exhaust, front mount and filter running around 10 psi with 235 tyres on back and if from a rolling start i floor it i get wheel chirp all through first and a decent snap and wheel spin as i throw to 2nd. ive done this with a few diferent brands of tyres?

I have a S2 96 33 which is stock except turbo back, 169kw and lights up if i push hard to 2nd with my 275 hankooks. when i have slicks at the drags i chirp through 3rd and sometimes 4th flat changing. so i dont know why urs isnt at least chirping 2nd

It might be your bleed valve, does it hold boost all the way until you snap 2nd or does it drop off. After putting my bleed valve on I notice that snapping second I wasn't really getting the chirp that’s with 245 nans as well, as there was a little delay with the boost coming it after changing. Try removing the bleed valve

it really sucks, i feel like my car is losing more and more power by the day

maybe im just getting used it to it but i know it definately doesnt wheelspin in 2nd. if i remove bleed valve i will be back at standard boost

i may try it but yeah... what else can i do?

i dont think a dyno will help me as it tells me maximum power in a gear not changing

maybe i should ask to see the torque?

i got a series 2 33 with only cat back exhaust, front mount and filter running around 10 psi with 235 tyres on back and if from a rolling start i floor it i get wheel chirp all through first and a decent snap and wheel spin as i throw to 2nd. ive done this with a few diferent brands of tyres?

mine sounds very simular. 202rwkw and i use 255's and does the same thing.

mate, get a dyno reading, to look at your a/f ratio, may be runnin mega rich and boggin itself down...dont stress mate, youll be poppin seconds for the ladies in no time. maybe your car is just plain shit...i dont know, what am i? a doctor?

• 2 weeks later...

I have r33 gtst s2 *** AUTO SEDAN *** and I chirp into 2nd.

All I have is 3" Exhaust, HKS pod & 9psi, on a set of 16 inch 225's.

Stock ecu, stock turbo, don't even have a shift kit

No idea about my rwkw's.

When i reset my ecu it gets even better :P

Edited by R_B_Boy

i ran at wsid on wed night, got 14.7 best time... its not too bad i guess

sound about right for turbo back exhaust, 10psi, fcd, pod, standard cooler /turbo/inj and 17" r34 rims

and surprise surprise i didnt get any wheelspin off take off at 5000rpm LOL

bizarre

its not crap... but not good either lol... i dont know how i can check it to make sure that its running well like if i go to put it on the dyno that just check like the peak power doesnt it? coz its only in one gear

is it possible to do a run on a dyno while you change gears to see if anything abnormal is happening??

Did you ever consider your clutch may be slipping a bit?

If you arent getting wheelspin from a 5k take off then maybe the clutch cant hold the sudden dump of power

Coz my clutch is kinda worn n i hardly get any wheelspin

my clutch is awesome its very grabby so to speak. and the revs dont go up like a typical slipping clutch would when giving it

i think it was the rubber on the floor from all the burnouts

dont get me wrong, i didnt just flick my foot off the clutch at 5k i semi-slowly let it out but when i do it on normal road it sits on the spot so it was weird.. first attempt i took off at 4k and no spin so i done it at 5k second go