SAU Community

Will These Rims Fit A Stagea?

heres the for sale ad of some rims im after....

"To suit R33GTST and R34 GTT, and possibly R32 GTST(will also fit S14 or S15 Silvia)

Details and image below:

2 x 18x8" with 235/40/18 Nankang's (front) 5x114.3 stud pattern

2 x 18x9" with 265/35/18 Nankang's (rear) 5x114.3 stud pattern

* has minor gutter rash on outer lips which can be machined/polished

Not sure of the exact offset but the entire set were a specific fitment for R33 GTST. I've been told they will also fit the above mentioned cars too."

will these be the correct offset for a stagea if they fit a 33 gts-t???? will they stick in or out the gaurds and by how much?

any info appreciated

Brad

Edited by CruiseLiner

heres the for sale ad of some rims im after....

will these be the correct offset for a stagea if they fit a 33 gts-t???? will they stick in or out the gaurds and by how much?

any info appreciated

Brad

do me a favor

find out the offsets of hte wheels and i can tell ya!

offsets are my specialty lol

yeah

the problem is, what people say fits are a few different things

some people say this fits

370575371_9c77310dd2.jpg

(kinda does but not perfect)

i say this fits

342310760_e7c9c3c002.jpg

but then some think this fits

241483944_e772a6de81.jpg

i personally on a stagea would be going after the last fitment

mainly becuase to roll the fenders ont eh rear will make an UGLY little dimple where the door frame area is.

those wheels in the last pic on a S13 with no spacers was a 16x8 +10 offset.

most people say that +30 "fits"

Edited by yokotas13

Brad, My old rims were 18 by 9 on the rear and 18 by 8 on the front the offset was +40 and they fitted, Mind you on the rear the tyres were stretched on so the tyre wall was on an angle, but im not sure if this was because the tyre would have hit the inner gaurd.

anyone know if staggered wheels are a bad idea with the attessa or are they ok if they are within a certain percentage of each other (profile wise im talking)???? i read within 5% of eath other is fine?

Not a good idea apparently Brad, even worn tyres on the rear (same rim sizes) has been know to effect the system in the past as far as I have read on this forum, search and you may find...

You might get away with it but I wouldn't risk it personally.

Cheers

Luke

Well i never had any problems with my rims when i had the staggered sizes on my car, anyway there are a hell of a lot of GTR's going around with some seriously staggered rims

Ok so I did the searchy thing...

The ATTESSA handles different tyre diameters due to wear ie; you can have barely legal tyres on one end and brand new tyres on the other end. That's a 6 mm difference in radius, 12 mm in diameter and 37 mm in circumference. That's covers most width profile differences easily.

Real world, my Stagea doesn't like 225/50/16's on one end and 245/40/17's on the other end. After less than 1/2k driving in a straight line, the ATTESSA started to shudder. I had to turn the steering wheel (for imaginary corners) to stop the shudder. I must have looked like a lunatic, warming the tyres up driving down the freeway.

:) cheers :)

So if it is an extreme difference it might be an issue, or if it is minimal it may never be a problem.

(Simon, when did you have different wheels? I thought the current wheels were on the Stagea when Chris imported it?)

Cheers

Luke

I honestly dont believe that staggered wheels would do much damage at all if any, as long as the heights of the wheels are all the same!

Actually come to think of it on the wheels i have on now ive got different width tyres and i have still had no problems

Nice Simon, nice,

I did like your old rims a lot, the mesh style really suited the car.

(yeah sorry Brad)

A rude awakening? We will all be jumping around like monkeys on smack, I'm sure... :no:

its just weird seeing sunken wheels....maybe il get used to it