SAU Community

Chrome Head Lights For R33?

BAMR33

Anyone know how to do this or what to buy? I know 4-door headlights are chrome but I can never find any and if I do they're usually in crappy condition.

In the forsale thread there was mention of a chrome insert anyone know where to get these?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=155629

Or another idea I've heard of is painting them or powder coating????

personally im not a fan...but each to there own i guess :P

as you mentioned, easiest way is to find decent second hand 4 door lights. Otherwise you could buy them brand new from a Nissan dealer (which will be a huge expense). Or i guess you could pull your headlights apart and take the plastic part you want chromed to a coating place or panel shop and get it chromed. You can also buy chrome spray paint in a pressure can for plastic from Autobarn/SuperCheap/Repco etc..., also have to use a plastic primer. But dont think that turns you fully chrome? more like an extremely bright silver.

food for thought.

Cheers

if by any chance u know how too get the insert out you can buy both them if you want for 250 the passenger side backing of the light is cracked and stuff and the lense has damage too but the chrome insert is still sweet was just a thought anyways if interested pm me

personally i cant tell the difference, but i haven't looked that closely at 4 door lights cuz there only 1 in town.

What is the difference in lights? all i know is i had to buy a series 2 cuz i didn't like series 1 lights.

SI R33 Sedan headlights are different to SII. The SII lights are the chromed out ones, they only have one bulb for high and low beam H4 i think, plus they have another globe/light, that when you indicate around corners, it throws light out at approx 45 degree angle, awesome feature, once you have it you never want to go back. The only thing is that the lights make the car look older, as the lense is not clear like the coupe lights with the separate high/low globes.

cheers

Evil

If you have a series 1, ill sell you my chrome inserts. Its pretty much as easy as heating your headlights up to break the seal replace the inserts then heating back up clipping together again.

Edited by Silent

But isnt heating the headlights to remove the inserts a risky thing to do?

Can't you damage the headlight assembly by doing that?

Not so much that, but getting it to seal again is the problem to prevent moisture getting in. I've decided not to do it too much effort