SAU Community

Car Doesnt Start! Help Me Please!

Daboss

Ok I have a 95 r33 gts-t and it has a faulty temp sensor I know this because I didi the diagnostic and thats what came up. After about three to four starts I always have to go under the hood and reconnect the sensor then it starts right away f0r three to 4 starts again. Can anyone help with this prob I live in the Bahamas and the new sensor is goin to take awhile to get here. I wanted to know if there is anyway to bypass or leave this sensor unplugged without the car failing to start? If so how do I do this and why does this sensor being unplugged cause the car to not start?

I don't know the specifics of the temp sensor but I imagine that when not connected then the ECU will think that the temperature is either maximum or minimum within its temperature range due to having no voltage.

Whichever way the reading is wrong, the temperature of where you are probably isn't close enough to the ECU's idea of what the temp is, and so the mixture will be too rich or lean. Think of trying to start an old car in cold weather without putting the choke on.

• 4 weeks later...