SAU Community

No Compliance Plate On Car....

Antone

Hey guys,

just a quick one...

i just checked out a 91 r32 mspec, and noticed it doesnt have the green complaince plate like other skylines.

Allthouh it does have a pink sticker with "used import plate" on it.

should it have the green plate tho??

post-13256-1171170188.jpg

Isnt a pink plate for a used private import? As in the owner had it in japan for over 12 months and then imported it to Australia.

And the green one is for regular SEVS or RAWS or whatever.

OK, after thinking about it, since it is a 91 model it must be a used private import, as only July 1992 onwards cars can be imported under SEVS/RAWS. (As Nissan sold the R32 GTR in Aus before then.)

That and the 1989 models that came in under the 15 year old scheme.

Rhett

rhett, it's a 32 mspec,so clear sailing for a 1991 import.

the pink stickers are the new compliance "plates", not just for "personal" imports.

isn't a "private" import just one you've done yourself? ie you've organised compliance, customs, shipping... etc, etc, without using ie. J-Spec, as opposed to a car you've owned outside of oz for over 12 months, that being a "personal" import?

my R34 came under SEVS, and as such... i ONLY get a sticker

it's fine imo, my car doesn't have a green plate, because it came in under SEVS. Post this thread or a link to this thread in the 'importing' section. You'll get some answers from the people in the biz from there

rhett, it's a 32 mspec,so clear sailing for a 1991 import.

the pink stickers are the new compliance "plates", not just for "personal" imports.

isn't a "private" import just one you've done yourself? ie you've organised compliance, customs, shipping... etc, etc, without using ie. J-Spec, as opposed to a car you've owned outside of oz for over 12 months, that being a "personal" import?

my R34 came under SEVS, and as such... i ONLY get a sticker

I'm 98% sure that under the old SEVS rules that ANY R32 older than July 1992 could not be imported, be it a GTR or GTSt or GTSt Type-M.

Under the old scheme, there were two types of compliance plates - blue ones for SEVS imports (the majority of them) and pink/orange ones for private imports - cars which the owner had in japan for at least a year, then moved to Aus and bought it over with them.

So there should never be a 90-June 92 R32 in Australia with a blue compliance plate. The 1990 to June 1992 cars must be private imports with pink/orange comp plates.

I emailed RAWS about my own one and apparently they are putting stickers rather than plates on now. I just hate how they put it on a strange angle on the strut tower rather than on the firewall. Apparently your not allowed to move it either!

My 89 gtst 4 door has nothing and my mates 90 gtst has a green one.

i'm confused ( won't take much )

The green plates are on cars that were complied a few years ago under the old sevs scheme