SAU Community

rubber for wheels

GET53T-GTR33

im off today to get some FALKEN AZZENIS (semi slicks)

245/45/18 they look and feel awesome for 330 a pop

from tempe tyres the next cheapest price was 385 each

that was from ozzy tyres

normal tyre places charge atleast 450 for them

Try Eagle Tyres in Granville ( 9637 4355 ). Last time I was there they had Kumho Ecsta 712 in 235/40 ZR18 for $250 each. Not a bad tyre and mine have lasted >35000kms so far with a few track days thrown in for good measure.

They also had Dunlop W10 for $360, Falken 326 for $240 and falken 512 for $260 ( all in 235/40/18 ).

Or alternately you could go to BobJane or Beaurepaires and pay over $500 a tyre for something like Dunlop SP9000 or Bridgestone Potenza S03's. Great tyres but I know where I'll be going for my next set. This is, however, assuming you're not after the ultimate in tyre technology/price.

Z.

thanks guys, 18's r such a hassle they tend to go bold on the inside for the front tyres for some reason, i was told this was the case when u have big wide tyres.

As for wat width i dont have a clue but i use to have 265's at the back and it was snug, so i assume 9" or so?

Oh yea i found some cheap as tyres at AJR in sefton although they r second hand i got a pair of Michelin pilot sport 245/40/18 for 140 a piece with about 80% tread.