SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

Ok. I have taken pretty much everything off.

So with my EBC i can just remove the aftermarket boost solenoid and plumb up the stock one? If i just hide the avcr in the cabin somewhere so i dont have to remove all the wiring and crap. Will this be ok?

My only question with the intake and exhaust stuff is everything is stock now other than FMIC. Which is my 1 intake mod.

And i also have an aftermarket dump pipe, and then the rest of the exhaust is standard. Is this ok?

depends how much noise it makes as to whether or not it willl be ok

you could try just hiding the avcr but id guess if they see any wires they might be like whats this and then go looking for it etc..

When I went I had my PFC hand controller hidden under the dash and the wiring for my boost controller taped up. They won't find it. One thing they will do is connect their diagnostics machine to a plug that is near the drivers side kick panel so don't be scared if they are looking around there

Can anyone confirm who has had to get the emissions test done recently that a FMIC is ok with standard airbox?

I have changed to standard zorst, BOV, etc. Just need to know about the cooler????

I wanted to install a fmic in my 33 but when i went to my mech today, they reckon that there is a new law about "if ur intercooler will need to cut off part of the bodywork to install then it's illegal, whether or not u have a pod filter" I'm not too sure about this, but it did spoil my day... :happy:

I know there are links on what is legal and what is not on the first page..But as we know road rules changes from time to time, and it was posted like 2 years ago. Not saying that it's irrelevant, but it's sorta out of date, and the link "Thread on legal/illegal Mods in VIC can be found here" is also not working anymore.

Edited by toshirokato

I don't think that's a new rule...

You can supposedly modify the front removable bumper (ie larger hole), but structural changes to the sheet metal underneath is a no-no.

(at least that is my understanding)

You could get an engineer to sign off on the modification though (as I did!)

toshirokato - If you car came with AIRBAGs - then you cannot modify it at all, no engineer will be willing to signoff.

If you do NOT have AIRBAGs, then you are fine... worst case get an engineers cert and it'll be signed off.

However always consult/discuss this with your engineer of choice first :D

toshirokato - If you car came with AIRBAGs - then you cannot modify it at all, no engineer will be willing to signoff.

If you do NOT have AIRBAGs, then you are fine... worst case get an engineers cert and it'll be signed off.

However always consult/discuss this with your engineer of choice first :D

We know this is not true. LukeB got a engineers certificate with the hole for his intercooler piping in an R34 which all came with airbags. I got his number if you want it toshirokato

My mate got a road worthy with fibreglass front and rear quarter panels without a problem.

Hmm... could you PM me the RW testers details?

grant i have heard that widebodys are actually not legal but ive never heard of anyone getting done... ring vicroads perhaps?

I've read about it on NS.com (I know it's not the best place to get sensible answers), yeah I'd better off ring Vicroads and ask when I can be arsed.

Thanks.

ive got +25mm front guards fibreglass cant say i have ever head a problem to be honest..

ns does have useful information if you can find it.

epa and car being in a rwc is two different things you can rock up to a epa station slammed, tyres sticking out, no bumper bar, rust, cage all they care is if you pass the epa test not car being in a rwc state.

just got served my 1st EPA notice. :(

anyway a fwe quick question,

1) do i have to swap out my exhaust if i reckon it could pass the noise test? it isn't noisy but it is low, though above the 100mm minimum mark.

2) how many EPA notice can i be served in a year???

Edited by Dostalgia

1. I highly doubt it'll pass, but meh, costs ya $35 or something to get a test done. Then another $35 when ya go back (some places dont charge).

2. Ring the EPA.

Thanks mate~

call the exhaust shop on brunswich, kind of friendly guy answered the phone, told him i had a performance exhaust and was served an EPA notice, asked for advise on what to do, and was asked to drop in tomorrow morning for him to check it out. Will update back on this thread on what advise was given.

also i had a shop that would charge 100bucks to swap back to a standard exhaust for EPA, so would that be considered cheap or expensive? am living in the north melbourne area.

Update from the trip down to exhaust shop on brunswich west, was told i have to change to a stockie before he would pass it. He didn't even hear the exhaust note, but won't pass me anyway because it sits too low.

so right now, i am on a hunt for exhaust shop to do a swap :whistling:

if there is anyone with contacts or any place near north melb do give me a PM! Many thanks in advance~