SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

if he doesnt have one buy one or borrow one, best bet is to buy one as you'll have headaches from teh popo for having front mount & pod as your only allowed one intake mod. same applies for bov should be able to pick up both for under $100.

as for speedo no idea.

Sweet thanks.

So wreckers for the stock air box then? eBay didn't seem to have one.

I just hope the engine passes the compression test on Tuesday! I'm getting excited now!

• 1 month later...

I recnetly got a series 2 r33 gtst and was driving it home from endeavour hills to hawthorn and got pulled over within 45mins of owning the car, i showed the cop the rwc i got with the car so he didnt really look over it much, however i didnt have any p plates up, hadnt been to pety station to get any, so i got done for no p plates, i thought i was f**ked as being too powerful car for p plate driver, but he didnt mention it, LLuucky, but i havent recieved any letter from vic roads regarding licencing issues and its already been a month, strange?? im hoping someone f**ked up along the way cause i opnly have one point left... aaagggrrr

I recnetly got a series 2 r33 gtst and was driving it home from endeavour hills to hawthorn and got pulled over within 45mins of owning the car, i showed the cop the rwc i got with the car so he didnt really look over it much, however i didnt have any p plates up, hadnt been to pety station to get any, so i got done for no p plates, i thought i was f**ked as being too powerful car for p plate driver, but he didnt mention it, LLuucky, but i havent recieved any letter from vic roads regarding licencing issues and its already been a month, strange?? im hoping someone f**ked up along the way cause i opnly have one point left... aaagggrrr

What are you asking exactly or are you just telling us a story?

What are you asking exactly or are you just telling us a story?

well i think people here are unsure about whether they can drive a r33 turbo on ps or not or not, i was just saying that the cop knew i was on my p plates but didnt investigate whether i was aloud to drive the car or not, so maybe p platers are aloud. i had a look on vicroads websit and we r aloud to drive turbos but its limited to 130kw per tonne or something, so my reason for posting is to hopefully clear confusion for other members

What you have posted is factually wrong.

I doubt there are any P platers under the OLD system. (125kw/tonne)

The new system outright bans turbos - that is fact, that is on the VicRoads website.

Your story is one of luck only.

The new system outright bans turbos - that is fact, that is on the VicRoads website.

even then a r33 gtst is still over the power to weight ratio anyway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So what about something like a BT-50..

I mean I highly doubt a cop is gunna rag on a kid for driving one as its hardly a performance vehicle , but technically it is a turbo