SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

oh also nearly forgot...

for the epa test, ive got a turbo back exhaust and was thinking of just chucking the stock cat back system and leave the front and dump pipe.. u guys recon i would still pass the noise test?

cheers

Herbie

I passed with front/dump and stock cat back was close though

Has anyone got readouts from baffle plates as last time i made one it didnt make that much difference....

Does putting one hole in the centre work or does it need to be several smaller holes to work properly?

Can tell you now I've seen a good 3-4 dB drop, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Totally depends on each setup as i said, too many variables from size of pipe, condition of mufflers etc.

Usually a few small holes placed around is what is common.

Just to note - it is illegal.

EPA will also write down the configuration of the exhaust when you go for the TEST. So they will know you went in with a stocker. If you keep doing it, you'll eventually get called in for a full-ream EPA.

how thick is this sheet of metal? and i take it it's just a cut to the flange shape?

almost thinking f this, i'm going to try for a technicality for having the location noted wrong on the notice... what a friggen hassle...

just borrow stock exhaust, go to local exhaust shop ask em to make it so it can pass? My local guy looks after me but we have done business on numerous cars over many years but yeh i have never had a problem passing noise tests

^ you have pm! :D

hook a brother up! i don't even have to do the EPA thing, i just have to bring the piece of paper down to Vicroads and they're going to clear it.

if you can get dodge roadies, surely some people will give you a 'passed' exhaust test piece of paper

otherwise i'll start a thread to see if i can borrow a 34 R stock exhaust and do the baffle thing

hook a brother up! i don't even have to do the EPA thing, i just have to bring the piece of paper down to Vicroads and they're going to clear it.

if you can get dodge roadies, surely some people will give you a 'passed' exhaust test piece of paper

otherwise i'll start a thread to see if i can borrow a 34 R stock exhaust and do the baffle thing

Thing is I've spent a decent amount at this guys. So he does it for me and my brother. Not sure if he would do it for anybody. Don't want to advertise him as a complete dodgy guy haha

And also have a connection with a leanient rwc guy. But once again not sure of he will do it for anybody lol

Or you could just get an exhaust that flows but is legal, as long as you dont have monster power its not that hard or expensive and will still have a good note to it.

thanks for the offer mate but Racepace sorted me out :)

Shit Ash! 1db off!! fark, i reckon you could prob find some places that would just pass it if it was that close... that's crazy. Might ask them if i can perhaps do a back to back with my current setup.... but, i do love my titanium exhaust...sooo pretty :D

anyways, defect cleared. Vicroads were cool about it, nothing was even on file! so they couldn't even really clear it but set something up in the system to get it sorted. Guy down there knew his cars, had a good chat... he was NOT impressed with the VicPol or vicroads call centre when i explained the situation. "Bunch of nufties" i think was the expression :D

in other news, followed a GT3RS home tonight, fark me they're loud! Not a snowballs chance in hell it's under 90db. I'd love to get all the AMG's, M cars, HSV's, FPV's, Porkas, Lambos, Ferraris, Astons, Maseratis etc and sound test them all, surely most would be over 90db... wonder how hard it would be to get the rules changed...