SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

They will always get worse.

Hence build the car to be as legal as possible. And if not, reduce swap-over time.

In less than 60mins I can have my car legal. And even then it's hard to pick initially anyway.

Smart modding = win.

Does that hour include whatever is required to pass a full epa and full rwc?

It now would take me just over an hour to pass noise and rwc but passing a full epa would not be so easy.

Interesting, neither of your cars have standard turbo's do they? Don't they do a visual inspection of turbos and knock you back straight away if there not factory?

I used to pass rwc, noise epa and full epa with 2871r turbo im my old s15, so as long as it mounts like standard turbo and looks similar, they dont pick on it.

I also passed full epa with PFC. Work that one out! Of course no hand controller.

• 3 weeks later...

GDAY LADS

I got my R33 out of storage after 2 years.from what ive heard you cant have any induction mods now. I remember you used to be able to have either a pod filter or an FMIC im guessing its changed now.

GDAY LADS

I got my R33 out of storage after 2 years.from what ive heard you cant have any induction mods now. I remember you used to be able to have either a pod filter or an FMIC im guessing its changed now.

Its the same as its always been, 1 mod.

got pulled over for having my fog lights on, then defected... be careful lads

Was there fog or low visibility (apart from being night)? if not its illegal to use them, always been that way, they are f**king annoying for oncoming drivers and barely more than wank factor for the car that has them.

GDAY LADS

where did you "hear" this from?

It's factually wrong.

Was there fog or low visibility (apart from being night)? if not its illegal to use them, always been that way, they are f**king annoying for oncoming drivers and barely more than wank factor for the car that has them.

It was raining, I find it easier to see the wet road with the fog lights on. But by the time I got pulled over (about 2 mins later) the rain had stopped. Personally I don't think they are bright enough to cause a distraction, but the law is the law. I got off lightly with the defect though.

Hey, my future track car (R33 GTST I bought form interstate a while back) has been taken back to standard. It now has RWC and I've booked it in to get the plates.

So, I book it in, and depending on VIN #, it determines the type of 'inspection' the vehicle gets. Of course, my car has to undergo the more expensive inspection (only $40) which makes me wonder - what does the inspection consists of? The Vic Roads lady gave me a nondescript answer (she was either dodging the answer or had no idea).

Will Vic Roads just check the engine/chassis #'s, or is it more strict? Are they going to go over it with a fine-tooth comb?

Anyone know?

They simply check the engine number.

That's all the "extra" inspection is. I got told when i re-rego'd the GTS-R that as it was a grey import, it was "high risk" and needed this inspection. Turned out to be essentially fvk all.

They simply check the engine number.

That's all the "extra" inspection is. I got told when i re-rego'd the GTS-R that as it was a grey import, it was "high risk" and needed this inspection. Turned out to be essentially fvk all.

Good to hear.

Where's the engine number on the R33 GTST? 'Cos I know I'll need to show them where to look....

Never heard of having to pay extra for an inspection, no need to show them the number they have a book telling them where it should be.

Never heard of having to pay extra for an inspection, no need to show them the number they have a book telling them where it should be.

Yep, paid it....

Last time I had to ring someone to find out where the engine number was - the woman inspector had no idea.

YAY! got rego on the car.... but the inspector made me sweat.

He said that most interstate cars don't have the compliance Chassis number stamped on the body, just on the plate. It just so happens my car had the chassis number stamped on the strut tower - otherwise I wouldn't be able to rego the car there and then!

• 1 month later...

Quick question; recently got a letter in the mail for EPA (exhaust noise).

As for the actual procedure; book ($40.30, sigh... apparently going to go up $1 after July 01 lols) at an approved noise tester (list that came with the mail) and get the certificate of compliance for noise.

Then I have to physically hand this certificate in at the EPA in Carlton? Do I need to book for that if so?