SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

hrrmm we got an EPA notice for noise for the 32 as well.. I wouldn't have thought it was that loud personally but maybe I'm just going deaf from something else..

It has an XForce turboback exhaust on it. Anyone else have one of these on a 32 gtst? Wondering whether it will pass without having to swap it back. Tester said no on the phone (in relation to ANY a/market exhaust) but I don't know.. doesn't seem that loud to me??

God they are annoying. Apparently drove past a cop on Flinders St. I think they're just fishing caus they couldn't pull me over at the time. Pain in the butt tho, don't really have time to stuff around with this crap, so over it! I'd really prefer to just give them the $40 and be on my way...

90db is very quiet. Most aftermarket exhausts will fail. It probably sounds quiet compared to other skylines but it is still over the limit lol. I know mine is. (they test it at 4800rpm)

Well what will they do. Send me a EPA in the mail and a defect anyways. I can't see what they can legally get you for. They can arrest you but do you think they will for that?

Well what will they do. Send me a EPA in the mail and a defect anyways. I can't see what they can legally get you for. They can arrest you but do you think they will for that?

epa letter is far better cuz you don't get the fines since when you go for the test, the car will be magically stock.

i was thinking hidden kill switch, when im told to move the car, it wont start. call a tow truck and go home :P

Can I just say thanks for posting up this thread. Just had my pod filter/intercooler queries answered. I love you guys :D

Can I just say:

THANK YOU FOR READING THE WHOLE THREAD and not asking the same question over and over again!!!!! :miner:

herald sun article announcing operation Clear Vision started today in the CBD concentrating on defective vehicles, and especially those with illegal tint. So be aware, avoid Carlton and CBD.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/...x-1225885515333

media template:

[modification] is being blamed for increase crash risk

follow by an article with no statistics or facts of any kind to proved such claims.

Edited by Peter89