SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

Silly 1 intake mod rule.

Was pulled over at Ararat on Monday, and then this copper said even though my FMIC is stock, i cannot have Pods, something along the lines of the fmic still being a modification and i only can have one intake mod. (wtf? how is something stock considered a modification?)

He even took pictures and stuff of my engine bay and my front mount, and said he's going to submit those to epa, and all i have to do is fix a std airbox and i'll be fine.

So, end of story, the questions come now, will EPA come and give me shit for it? What kind of trouble am i expecting? And how much will it cost?

The Police are wrong.

Did he defect you? If so, dispute the notice.

If he just EPA'd you - You'll just have to take it in to be checked. Nothing major and the PODS are fine (as long as they are not oiled)

What i would do however is once you get the EPA, lodge a request under Freedom of Information to get the officers name/details (if you didn't write em down)and have a lawyer challenge it. You will win by default because they are wrong.

People have gotta start taking a stand with this uneducated Police B/S we are experiencing.

The Police are wrong.

Did he defect you? If so, dispute the notice.

If he just EPA'd you - You'll just have to take it in to be checked. Nothing major and the PODS are fine (as long as they are not oiled)

What i would do however is once you get the EPA, lodge a request under Freedom of Information to get the officers name/details (if you didn't write em down)and have a lawyer challenge it. You will win by default because they are wrong.

People have gotta start taking a stand with this uneducated Police B/S we are experiencing.

The biggest issue here now is that, i'll be away from australia for 11weeks starting 30th november, so can i just get someone to take my car down? Or do i have to do it personally?

This is assuming a letter really comes, and knowing australia, this is gonna take at least 20 to 30days.

IF the letter coems it'll take 1 month plus i rkn.. which you have 28 days notice from it arriving.

someone else can take it you dont have to attend personally.

cool, then i shall leave my spare key at the girlfriend's. when it comes, i'll prolly need somebody's help =D

yeah if it comes.. i been told a few times ill be gettin EPA nothign ever showed up.. spose cop was too lazy to do necessary paperwork

Yeah, its a huge dilemma because i was supposed to take my steering wheel back home for a retrim in nice new leather, and also to make the steering wheel more comfy to hold. Only gonna cost SGD$200 back home, so its dirt cheap for a retrim. But i guess i'll do it another time, can't drive my car to the EPA inspection place without a steering wheel.

When the EPA letter arrives, just write in with evidence of you being O/S.

They will extend it if sufficient proof/reason is provided. Ensure you say the car wont be driven whilst you are O/S and they wont care

roger that!

cheers, now... if i have 2860-5s.........

afternoon guys,

gotta get a compliance done on the r33...apart from the fact i got checked less then 9months ago and was only 82DB i am getting done again but this time i have to head to hoppers or moorabbin

is it ok to have an apexi rsm connected? (and its below the dash lines sitting under the head unit )

much appreciate the quick reply R31Nismoid....wouldn't have thought their would be an issue with it but just wanted another opinion.

i'll bring all the manuals in for it just to be on the safe side ..thanks again buddy

Yay for the po-po!

So yesterday I had some clown sideswpie me in Ivanhoe. I was in the left lane (clearway times) he was in teh right. He decided to pull over and park, not realising there was a clearway, and next thing I know he's into the side of me, despite my attempts to avoid him.

Anyway, he ripped off my bumper bar and ripped out the right headlight. Not too bad and he admitted fault, so we move on.

And here's where the real problem started. I was going to catch the train today, it's a 10 minute walk but I didn't get out of the house until about 5 mins before the train left. I didn't want to miss my train as being in Hurstbridge means 45 minutes between trains so I drove. It's aroun 1.5kms from my place to the train statio, so no biggie. Or so I thought. I get back to the station tonight and I had a pressie waiting for me. A Defect Notice stuck to my side window.

Scum bags.

I need two rear tyres, the bar put back on and headlight back in, which is fair enough and is getting done tomorrow anyway.

However the f**kers have deemed a roadworthy necessary which means I'm in a world of shit. I've got a week to get my hands on an airbox and I'm probably going to get pinged for my windscreen too, which doesn't bother me. However if the person I take it to gets narky, as is the nature of modified cars, there's probably a million things they'll get me for.

Any clues as to who may be a good person to take the car to in the north? Around South Morang, Epping kinda area? I'm not looking for a "dodgy" roady, but rather someone who will take the facts into account and do the right thing by me, which of course will be reciprocated.

Yay for the po-po!

So yesterday I had some clown sideswpie me in Ivanhoe. I was in the left lane (clearway times) he was in teh right. He decided to pull over and park, not realising there was a clearway, and next thing I know he's into the side of me, despite my attempts to avoid him.

Anyway, he ripped off my bumper bar and ripped out the right headlight. Not too bad and he admitted fault, so we move on.

And here's where the real problem started. I was going to catch the train today, it's a 10 minute walk but I didn't get out of the house until about 5 mins before the train left. I didn't want to miss my train as being in Hurstbridge means 45 minutes between trains so I drove. It's aroun 1.5kms from my place to the train statio, so no biggie. Or so I thought. I get back to the station tonight and I had a pressie waiting for me. A Defect Notice stuck to my side window.

Scum bags.

I need two rear tyres, the bar put back on and headlight back in, which is fair enough and is getting done tomorrow anyway.

However the f**kers have deemed a roadworthy necessary which means I'm in a world of shit. I've got a week to get my hands on an airbox and I'm probably going to get pinged for my windscreen too, which doesn't bother me. However if the person I take it to gets narky, as is the nature of modified cars, there's probably a million things they'll get me for.

Any clues as to who may be a good person to take the car to in the north? Around South Morang, Epping kinda area? I'm not looking for a "dodgy" roady, but rather someone who will take the facts into account and do the right thing by me, which of course will be reciprocated.

Hey Aaron,

We met a while back at the apple peel meet, you may remember.

I'm in South Morang and have a spare airbox and panel filter waiting for you to borrow : )

• 2 weeks later...

A letter to go for an exhaust noise inspection has just come, however, i am overseas. I was told to write in previously stating that I am overseas, and to say that the car won't be driven at all but i have a huge problem now. But my biggest problem is not being able to access the EPA victoria website, does it hold such important information that someone on a foreign ISP barred from accessing?

So once again, I need help. While i write the letter explaining my circumstances, can someone get me the mailing address of EPA, so I can send in my letter, or if it would be better to call them, the number to call them at. Now, I won't be able to read their reply, and I doubt they're willing to send the reply to my address in Singapore, so how do i know i have an extension?