SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just got defected for the first time. My exhaust was hanging too low which is fair enough. But the annoying part was they defected me for having two intake modifications when I only have one. I have a pod filter, but the intercooler is standard. According to the cop, the factory intercooler counts as a modification because he thinks turbo cars don't usually come standard with intercoolers... he sounds smart yeah?

So I have to get a new road worthy. Yep, I got defected for 2 things and I need a road worthy. I can swap my exhaust back to stock and put the original airbox back on in less than an hour but when I go to get a new road worthy will they try ping me for other things too? (eg. new winsreen, tyres, etc. Even though the car is fine.)

forgot to mention im a student with 4 exams next week then after that im heading straight overseason for a 5 week holiday. So it's the last thing I needed right now in terms of money and stress.

Yeh they can force u to get a rwc for minor or major he is a retard but unless u go to the station and convince him to change it it's bad luck as for pinging other things 99% of the time they will CPA mechanics are kents

Good luck anyway

Hey guys, I just got defected for the first time. My exhaust was hanging too low which is fair enough. But the annoying part was they defected me for having two intake modifications when I only have one. I have a pod filter, but the intercooler is standard. According to the cop, the factory intercooler counts as a modification because he thinks turbo cars don't usually come standard with intercoolers... he sounds smart yeah?

So I have to get a new road worthy. Yep, I got defected for 2 things and I need a road worthy. I can swap my exhaust back to stock and put the original airbox back on in less than an hour but when I go to get a new road worthy will they try ping me for other things too? (eg. new winsreen, tyres, etc. Even though the car is fine.)

Going from your other post, go to the station and point out the intercooler on his Prado.

I'll put a pod filter on his car if he doesn't already have one, then a defect sticker to teach him a lesson lol. I tried to give him a call last night to ask if he can change it to a minor but nobody at the station knew where he was.

I'll put a pod filter on his car if he doesn't already have one, then a defect sticker to teach him a lesson lol. I tried to give him a call last night to ask if he can change it to a minor but nobody at the station knew where he was.

write to EPA, that's an epa offence.

did he take photos? wait for the official notice.

he didnt take photos, I didnt know that another notice was coming.

Also today I went out to the car and the defect sticker was sitting on my dash. Looks like it wasnt stuck on properly and just fell off.

just called him up and told him that the defect sticker fell off, I explained to him I looked at the vicroads hand book and it said the intake I had was fine. I explained I have exams all next week. I explained all I need to do is put the stock cat back exhaust on and I will pass the height requirement since the car isn't lowered. He said he didn't care.

nobody answered my question that if when I get a road worthy do they just check the things I got defected for or do they go over the whole car?

like micheal says, it depends on luck.

But if he needs to get a roadworthy, they might check out all the roadworthiness parts. And you might get your mech into trouble.

Are they roadworthy? If your tyres are above tread wear indicators then you won't need to replace them, what's wrong with your windscreen? and wiper blades are only a couple of bucks anyhow.

they are all fine, but from what I've known when you get a rwc, just about every time the require you to replace those type of items. My last car needed a new winscreen, wiper blades, 2 tyres and new shocks even though they were all less than 8 months old and/or passed road worthy 8 months ago.

I answered above but again to simplify they gon' rape u

One cos they will Ty make extra $$

Two cos like the popo they no give fark about u

Three they won't risk there ass (license) at vicroads for you they will check everything and will deffs fail u first time

Hopefully u get someone lenient but I've never heard of anyone passing first time especially in a 10-15 year old car

Good luck