SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

Who cares about the pod/intake thing - even though the Officer is wrong it makes no difference to the fact you have to get a RWC.

The exhaust is low, get it fixed and go take the defect to a RWC place.

It's really that simple. A RWC place wont just make you "change windscreen" if there is nothing wrong with it. :glare:

were you clearing a defect or just getting a RWC for registration?

I'm clearing a major defect, so it requires a RWC to show to vicroads.

Who cares about the pod/intake thing - even though the Officer is wrong it makes no difference to the fact you have to get a RWC.

The exhaust is low, get it fixed and go take the defect to a RWC place.

It's really that simple. A RWC place wont just make you "change windscreen" if there is nothing wrong with it. :glare:

I know the pod wasn't the real issue, it just showed that a cop can be handing out defects without really knowing anything about cars. I once tried to get a RWC from rapidtune when selling the car. They gave me a massive list of things that needed to be fixed. I showed that list and the car to our family mechanic (he wasn't able to write a RWC) and he pointed out to me the things they had mentioned. Seriously only about 3 out of the 10 things actually needed to be changed. I took it to another place to get the RWC and they did it for a fraction of the price that rapidtune wanted for it.

Unfortunately this time I only have 7 days. More like 5 days now.

I got pulled over today, as you would...

as my car probably does 112dbs or there abouts, he only took down my details and my phone. I have a valve controller that shuts up the exhaust. He said he wanted to go back and do some checks later (he was on a bike).

Should I expect an EPA in the mail?

got pulled over my first time! thought i was doing something wrong when i drove a little onto the wrong side of the road to avoid a car but the officer told me to pop the bonnet and he started measuring the car height and checked under the bonnet, then he said "all stock okay you can go"

You're joking yea

I didnt say "is this defectable" I know it is a defectable Item. But there are many mods that will still pass a RWC as they are not deemed unsafe.

For example, You can get defected by police for not having the H pattern for your gear nob, yet most mechanics will still pass this with a RWC.

So no, I'm not joking. The RWC is to transfer the vehicle only.

Hey guys how are ya, I havn't brought a car for a long time but just wanted to know. I brought a another r33 and it has a cooler and a 3inch trust greddy cannon exhaust with 17inch rims, Now everything else is stock, now i need a RWC under my name to get the papers under my name... would a return-flow cooler still pass at the RWC's and 17inch rims? Besides that everything is stock in the car..

I'm getting my new rwc as we speak. I took it back to japcar in fawkner since it passed road worthy already 6 months ago with the same mods.