SAU Community

The Epa Thread/Roadworthy Thread

Do-Luck

Got my roadworthy today. Much better than previous place, just had to change the tint on the front windows and get rid of the pfc controller.

Where did you get it done?? Or has anybody got a place that is slightly lenient on us??

heres an interesting question

the car i purchased came with a roady (was less than 30 days ago)

Over the past week ive noticed that there has been an oil leak or two off the bottom of the engine. the main leak is coming from the sump plug hole. Replaced the sump plug in the hope that it was the problem, but it still seams to be leaking. there also seems to be another oil leak, but im unsure where it is.

now here is the question lol

isnt the roady supposed to pick up on such things as oil leaks?

if this is the fact, is there recourse against the shop that issued the roadworthy to fix these problems because they missed them/overlooked such issues?

cheers

They are not meant to sign of a rwc if car has oil leaks...a rwc is valid for 30 days from date issued...if I were you id take the car with the cert back before the 30 days is up, you might have a good chance to get it fixed free of charge.

They are not meant to sign of a rwc if car has oil leaks...a rwc is valid for 30 days from date issued...if I were you id take the car with the cert back before the 30 days is up, you might have a good chance to get it fixed free of charge.

thats what i thought.

however im not a fan of good chances, id rather a full chance

A leak can develop after the RWC is supplied.

You'd have to prove beyond reasonable doube it was there when the cert was signed.

thats what i was worried about.

would the oil/grime caked onto the sump prove?

any other way i could prove it?

From what ive always thought, a rwc check doesnt actually fix any problems if they arise, they only note them down. So if you go in there with leaks they might cancel the certificate and get you to fix them (at your cost) before they will certify it again.

Davey32 you have a PM.

^^

lol

don't like your chances unfortunately, cant hurt to ask but they will be on the defence straight off since your basically saying to them they are in the wrong.. often doesnt go down well

Problem is unless you take a photo of anything wrong straight after buying the car they will just say 'oh that happened after', i'm not talking about really bad stuff like cracked screen or bald tyres, but things like oil leaks or whatever they can be cleaned of for the roady and then start leaking after a few days, no way you can prove otherwise.

i got epa'd, stupid thing is, when they said I was "spotted", I was at work, and my car in the work parking. i didnt even drive through the place.

I've had it cleared but wtf are these idiots doing.

i got epa'd, stupid thing is, when they said I was "spotted", I was at work, and my car in the work parking. i didnt even drive through the place.

same thing happened to me, apparently i was driving on a monday night at 12am about 2 weeks before i was heading overseas

thing is i was asleep because we were busy trying to finish off as much work as possible before i left

problem is you cant contest it because they will still say test the car and prove its not to loud etc

same thing happened to me, apparently i was driving on a monday night at 12am about 2 weeks before i was heading overseas

thing is i was asleep because we were busy trying to finish off as much work as possible before i left

problem is you cant contest it because they will still say test the car and prove its not to loud etc

Couldn't you contest it with a factory exhaust? Assuming of course it was on at the time.

they would still ask for you to test it though, thats the thing... there is no point in contesting

at the time i had my old exhaust on anyway, a lot louder than whats on now but thats not the point

i was stung even when i wasnt driving :(

That's gay that you can get your car epa'd when parked.

Though I woulda thought the wagon would of been safe :ninja:

That's gay that you can get your car epa'd when parked.

Though I woulda thought the wagon would of been safe :ninja:

It is generally safe but we are in Vic, if it's anything to up their commission theyll do it, I remember on my p's driving dads falcon which is stock as a rock. And he got epa'd for the time I was driving. If they can they will. Oh and my car wasn't on ferntree gully rd like they said it was parked in undercover secure parking at work in the cbd

It is generally safe but we are in Vic, if it's anything to up their commission theyll do it, I remember on my p's driving dads falcon which is stock as a rock. And he got epa'd for the time I was driving. If they can they will. Oh and my car wasn't on ferntree gully rd like they said it was parked in undercover secure parking at work in the cbd

can you prove it was parked in the cbd at the time of EPA?