SAU Community

Rb30det/tt Vs 2jz

Jago

the ultimate would be a 2jz with a 1jz head

wrong :D

Please have a search, it has been debated before and proven (flow numbers and all) to be a load of crap that the 1jz head is better than the 2jz head :laugh:

I came across a bloke that flow tested both the 1jz and 2jz heads.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339560

Apparently the 1jz head > 2jz head is not the case. ;)

Pretty much :O

even though it hurts me to say, the 2jz is a much stronger motor all around.

Oil Delivery wise, pistons, rods, bearings, etc.

my mate - has a Supra with a T51r running 10s of a completely stock motor.

Search FUS01 on youtube, you'll see heaps of videos.

450rwkw and 900nm of torque.

1JZ and 2JZ are forged from factory very well designed engines.

I don't think the pistons are forged though - I think they are "pressed" not forged. But are still better than standard cast pistons like the standard skyline ones.

Cubes - TheRB30 that run 10s usually do it easy dude to such a light car.

Seeing a Supra with a HKS T51r, on a standard 2jz, completely unopened, running 10's at 134mph is really amazing.

Thats at 30psi also. Been for a run in it, and it scared the shit out of me...heh heh. As I said before, look up "fus01" on youtube - I uploaded those videos for him. Very close mate of mine. (Currently in Rehabilitation, poor bugger was almost killed in a head on. Was driving his brothers ute to airlie beach)

Dave whats your unbiased as asked for reason for this, facts not fiction would be nice

just the standard rb30 crank dude. put alongside a 2j crank its all clear. just the reliabliity at high revs. nothing else is wrong with it. a billit crank and its better than a 2j ;

I don't think the pistons are forged though - I think they are "pressed" not forged. But are still better than standard cast pistons like the standard skyline ones.

Cubes - TheRB30 that run 10s usually do it easy dude to such a light car.

Seeing a Supra with a HKS T51r, on a standard 2jz, completely unopened, running 10's at 134mph is really amazing.

Thats at 30psi also. Been for a run in it, and it scared the shit out of me...heh heh. As I said before, look up "fus01" on youtube - I uploaded those videos for him. Very close mate of mine. (Currently in Rehabilitation, poor bugger was almost killed in a head on. Was driving his brothers ute to airlie beach)

Its not that amazing, there are also rb25det's in r33 gts25t's running 10's on completly stock bottom ends aswell.

There is also a s13 silvia here in N.Z which is tubbed with a tube front end (could be a full tube chassis, would have to check) running 8.9 @ 144mph (i think he has gone even faster) using a completly stock rb30 bottom end with a r33 rb25det head and a t51r , last time i read about it it was making around 800hp atw and they wanted to keep pushing it to see how much the bottom end could take, im pretty sure it is now running meth aswell.

Edited by nizmo_freek

Its not that amazing, there are also rb25det's in r33 gts25t's running 10's on completly stock bottom ends aswell.

There is also a s13 silvia here in N.Z which is tubbed with a tube front end (could be a full tube chassis, would have to check) running 8.9 @ 144mph (i think he has gone even faster) using a completly stock rb30 bottom end with a r33 rb25det head and a t51r , last time i read about it it was making around 800hp atw and they wanted to keep pushing it to see how much the bottom end could take, im pretty sure it is now running meth aswell.

yeha running methanol..

THis supra is a bog standard engine running 30psi with a water methanol injection kit. Those STock RB25's last about 5 runs then they are dead.

THis supra has run down the strip at least 30 times. They did a comp test and it was perfect.

I still think if you want big power and longevity, the 2jz is the way to go.

yeha running methanol..

THis supra is a bog standard engine running 30psi with a water methanol injection kit. Those STock RB25's last about 5 runs then they are dead.

Thats bullshit, the guy on this forum (Mr331307, i think) was making over 500rwhp for a year and all he did with it was drag racing, burnouts and tons of dyno runs ,i wouldnt call that lasting 5 runs!

Hey bud.. i was fairly certain that it was forged throughout the engine had a quick look on wikipedia they seem to confirm this please see link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_JZ_engine is a very interesting read.

Dan

yeha running methanol..

THis supra has run down the strip at least 30 times. They did a comp test and it was perfect.

I still think if you want big power and longevity, the 2jz is the way to go.

I agree with that completely. if you want it to last the distance i wouldnt push a 25 anywhere near as hard a 2jz

Edited by fEkuaR

Power to weight ratio mate, that's why he's running them times.

That's why i want to compare engines as is, not engines in the cars. The engine might be stock, but everything else also counts towards 1/4 mile times, i.e suspension setup, weight etc. In the end of the day that gives f*ck all of a comparison.