SAU Community

When Will Nissan Cube Import Be Available?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's "For Sale" and there's "For Sale in six months time when we get plates for it".

Why can't the compliance shops who put their own money into building the import industry up,

try and recoup some of the money by selling the cars that they have suti's for??

i know of 2 shops who have already submitted their VIC's, and have dates for DOTARS inspections on the cube.

so the cube is not 6 months away! Emissions were done months ago at Ford in melbourne!

I'm not sure if the own money comment was directed at me, but seeing as it was me who did the SEVS application for the Cube in the first place, I'd like to think I'm doing my part to support the industry too.

I don't have any problem with dealer and/or workshop trying to recoup their money, in fact I want them to - without the workshops, the import industry wouldn't exist - but if you can't drop down your cash and drive it away, then what's the point in saying it's for sale and putting it on the lot? The cynic in me thinks that dealers would find them a good way of generating some foot traffic in the yard.

Six months time was a random figure - perhaps you'd care to share when your inspection date is?? Allowing another month to sort out DIs and get plates, then another two or three to find more stock, bring them in and plate them, my six months is looking pretty safe. I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Im pretty sure you can import them and compliance them here... Southern Special Vehicles in Oakleigh has one in Transit at the moment..

Yeah, I stopped in 2 weeks ago and there was a VERY NICE black one sitting there.

It was their test vehicle and "a guy" has already bought it.

The salesman (can't remember his name) said that it should be ready in a few weeks (from now).

Oh yeah, I was surprised at how big the Cube is though.

Still trying to convince my Mrs sell her Magna and get one...

I reckon they're a great car - if fuel goes back up again, you could pimp one up as a daily and keep your Skyline for the weekends :P

Haha! Yeah the black one at SSV already had a kit on it, was lowered and even had big chrome deep dish rims!

Looked fantastic!

Not really quick enough for my missus though...

Anyone got a cheap Evo they want to get rid of?

Edited by iamhe77

I'm not sure if the own money comment was directed at me, but seeing as it was me who did the SEVS application for the Cube in the first place, I'd like to think I'm doing my part to support the industry too.

I don't have any problem with dealer and/or workshop trying to recoup their money, in fact I want them to - without the workshops, the import industry wouldn't exist - but if you can't drop down your cash and drive it away, then what's the point in saying it's for sale and putting it on the lot? The cynic in me thinks that dealers would find them a good way of generating some foot traffic in the yard.

Six months time was a random figure - perhaps you'd care to share when your inspection date is?? Allowing another month to sort out DIs and get plates, then another two or three to find more stock, bring them in and plate them, my six months is looking pretty safe. I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Seems there are 2 of us claiming to have got the cube on sevs, The cubes are still being inspected & there are a number of shops here in Brisbane with cars, Provided they go through dotars inspections they should be for sale in the next few months. Then we need the yen/ dollar rate to be better & we will all be happy. They are a great car.

indeed though I think I know who did the emissions on it. :P

cube cars,

since I looked at yours today I have worked out a few things on it.

looking at the 60 odd pages of accessories you can get for the ting I do not see why these things would not sell.

can you flick your chassis number to be via PM. want to look something up to see if what I have found will apply tio yours. ( I have a sept 03 one I'm working off now.)

no cube has passed inspection yet and theres already a problem with them going into inspections .

thats not to say it wont be sorted but dont be suprised if it does take a bit of time , 6 months is not out of the question at all . Ive taken 3 months + just to sort out discussion items with dotars over evidence on new models before.

Seems there are 2 of us claiming to have got the cube on sevs, The cubes are still being inspected & there are a number of shops here in Brisbane with cars, Provided they go through dotars inspections they should be for sale in the next few months. Then we need the yen/ dollar rate to be better & we will all be happy. They are a great car.

I think we submitted our applications at the same time :P Either way, it's through, so I'm happy. Gotta work on the bB now...

Since there is a lot of you importers and compliance guys subscribed to this thread, apart from your selves, who would you recommend to find and import amd comply an aristo for me in melbourne, have gotten onto a guy named paul vella anyone heard of him, if its bad shoot me a pm.

did my first one today. they are quite easy to work on and quite optioned up. most of the options are in there already.

the one I did was an '03 with smart key and no audio.

they are quite illusive for their size. this one was a 7 seater.

one thing I did note - lots of parts swap between the tiida,skyline and micra.

Edited by Chris Rogers

For Curiousity sake and a cheap run around i purchased a BZG11 EX Cube 2004 7 seater last week for a work vehicle here in japan. apart from the fuel consumption and Looks im pretty excited about getting it ready to drive.... Ahhh the benifits of living in japan ...... buy the import u want to drive any time ...... :D

I gotta say there is so many holes hiden in this car to store things you will need to make a list to know where you put some things,

For those who will be buying Cube Cubic 7 seaters you will be very supprised how big the cargo space is with the 2 rows of seats folded down in the rear.