SAU Community

When Will Nissan Cube Import Be Available?

for anyone that has a cube. i just got a recall in the mail from nissan yesterday. its something to do with one of the fuses/relays in the engine bay. ill have a read later and scan it and put it up. then you guys can get yours all sorted.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

japan Nissan recalls chassis range:for Z11 Cube

BZ11-141666 TO BZ11-312231

BNZ11-027192 TO BNZ11-102034

YZ11-000001 TO BZ11-013186

BGZ11-621890 TO 701061

YGZ11-100001 TO 106253

YGNZ11-001001 TO 002010

Nissan japan says

"Nonconforming structure in the state finds a reference in power relays for engine control unit or performance situations and their causes, improper method of manufacturing a diode that is built into the relay, it may lead to a poor conductivity. Therefore, continued use of the box, it may stall out while driving and poor engine starting.

Replace the contents of safe products to improve the relay."

NOTE:

not all cars are affected & chassis needs to be checked.

Not a real concern as is VERY unlikely to cause any problems on our cars

no probs. it was easier for me to rip and dump it. there was another one for the earlier cars as well dated 2005. didnt bother with that one.

david was poking around looking on aonther site when I realised what he was doing and I sent the nissan one across.

the pdf is a direct rip of that site translated to english.

• 2 weeks later...
The cube is one of those cars that is so ugly its just damn coool.

Would love to have one as a daily runaround.

me too

For anyone interested, I now have a full set of factory overfenders and the factory retro stripe kit for the bonnet and sideskirts, and am planning to reproduce both to make them as a kit with Rota RBs (Watanabe copies) to make the plain ones look a bit purdy.

The factory stickers only come in a metallic black colour, and the most of the Neo Classic Cubes all seem to be police car blue, so it'll be fun to see what they look like.

you never did this right? watanabe and overfenders sounds perfect.

yeh it has turned out pretty nice.

and still have good clearance wherever i go. no scraping or thudding. its been a long time since i havent just put coilovers in. springs are easy.

no scraping or thudding with two in the car. any more and it scrapes like buggery. im in trouble already for this. haha

got to roll the rear fenders or go back to standard springs.

chef - what did the do with the rear bar where it meets the fender on yours?

They re-welded the plastic to bring it out further (hence the expense!), then attacked the seam where the panels join with an angle grinder (I had to go back because it was scraping hard enough to pull the rear bar down),...to help keep the two panels together they ended up using some really strong double sided tape, which has worked a treat.

Have a close look at where it is scraping because it may actually be hitting that seam rather than the lip of the guard.

They re-welded the plastic to bring it out further (hence the expense!), then attacked the seam where the panels join with an angle grinder (I had to go back because it was scraping hard enough to pull the rear bar down),...to help keep the two panels together they ended up using some really strong double sided tape, which has worked a treat.

Have a close look at where it is scraping because it may actually be hitting that seam rather than the lip of the guard.

wow, that sounds costly....

its definitely the guard. theres lots of rubber :)

i dont think its hitting the rear bar tho.... just the front side of the guard

well....turns out I don't need to flares, mine came with them.

this is the new car.

wehascube.jpg

I need suggestions on a 3 digit/letter plate....because HGE 80X gives the wrong impression about my wife. Need another suggestion HGE xxx for this car to join HGE 32R, HGE 70W and HGE 10L

That's is such a cool little car,,,I love it. If we ever need a daily the cube will be it.

How does HGE-LOV sound,,,or HGE-14C,,,or HGE-ley.

Cheers

Neil.