SAU Community

When Will Nissan Cube Import Be Available?

dunno if i should disclose this post or not BUT

15 x 8 + 15 offset is perfect fitment for toyota bB / nissan cube

being that these cars are the "poor mans" modifying car everywhere else in the world... a USA company has made these 1piece cheaply priced wheels with oldschool work / ssr designs, they are usually made in either a 15x8 with a +15 or 0 offset... to their credit they're VERY cheap and are produced as a brand new wheel when the genuine article is near on impossible to find... my thoughts are - why pay four times the amount for something nearly 20 years old when you can get a brand new item delivered to your door within 5 days shipped for under a grand???

68hevm.jpg

a2a332b9.jpg

l_e13b68ef4b34a6117eb40fc5f2a75daf.jpg

the first car is a zero offset 15x8 second two are plus 15's...

i'm sure everyone will say the usual "but they're not the original" and yeah granted they're not.... they're copies... that are styled the same.. are brand new... a quarter of the price... and have the correct widths and offsets... soooooooooo who's to complain??? some idiot on an internet forum who judges you because your wheels don't have a stamp that says "work" on them?

who cares i say - - the cube is a cheap car... so - why bother spending heaps of money when all the wheel's job to do is look good? :S

for those who aren't going to flame me for suggesting such outlandish things such as saving money - the companies that make these wheels are:

AXIS

sportmax

XXR

search on ebay - a set of wheels is about $2/300 usd then about 5 or 600 shipping - still getting cheap wheels!

Edited by Mr Eps

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear the obsession has started...

Overfenders purchased.

Rims purchased.

Cusco coilovers purchased.

Hopefully will have a supercharger kit by the end of the weekend

is this car coming my way :) ?

My missus works for Kawasaki head office and one of her Japanese bosses has acquired a Cube from a dealer who hopes to sell them as fleet cars lol

Now she has fallen in love with it. If we were to buy one what would be the model to purchase??

the model i would look for for is either EX type as this has afew extras IE climate AC or ther are some special models like RIDER edition and Agiactive editions like kristian has although i stuck my head in the door of his at the docks and looks like an EX version to me i thought most of the ones ive seen have special trim.

+ if you want a little more room and 7 seater you best to be looking for the Cubic3 model same applies to Cubic3 EX, rider, agiactive etc all avail in this type also.

I have owned a Cubic3 and found it fun for a few months and the novelty wore off soon after and my wife said i look funny driving that small car :)

If you want to buy newer type YZ11 1500cc these engines are much faster and also economical than the BZ11 1400cc type. they have done a lot more to this engine buy just adding 100cc its amazing differance over the previous 1400cc. YZ11 type chassis it not avail yet to import to OZ so this info would only be relivant to people living japan side.

is this car coming my way :) ?

I'll get you to check the Nav in it because it could possibly be the factory option one, but my regular workshop up your way gave me a sizeable discount on compliance so I'm taking it to them :huh:

the model i would look for for is either EX type as this has afew extras IE climate AC or ther are some special models like RIDER edition and Agiactive editions like kristian has although i stuck my head in the door of his at the docks and looks like an EX version to me i thought most of the ones ive seen have special trim.

+ if you want a little more room and 7 seater you best to be looking for the Cubic3 model same applies to Cubic3 EX, rider, agiactive etc all avail in this type also.

I have owned a Cubic3 and found it fun for a few months and the novelty wore off soon after and my wife said i look funny driving that small car :)

If you want to buy newer type YZ11 1500cc these engines are much faster and also economical than the BZ11 1400cc type. they have done a lot more to this engine buy just adding 100cc its amazing differance over the previous 1400cc. YZ11 type chassis it not avail yet to import to OZ so this info would only be relivant to people living japan side.

Mine's an Agiactive, easiest way to tell is the Agiactives have a different grille, fog lights and climate control air con.

I think someone is doing the YZ11s Phil, a guy in Sydney owns one that was originally a test car, might be Graham Hill at TGB in Penrith, for those interested.

The supercharger kit I got is a low-blow Impul thing, gives it an extra 35ps haha, in percentage terms I imagine it's a decent hike over standard! Might have to drop the compression and see what I can wind it up to...