SAU Community

When Will Nissan Cube Import Be Available?

sooooooo

are these "on" yet or what???

i have loved these since they were released i never thoguht they would gain import approval!!!

kristian, if this is the case then my F50cima order will change to this!!!

is anyone familiarwith the models??

or even how the "cube cubic" system works?? seems to me like the 6th n 7th seats pop up out of the floor...

also there seems to be some models with stereo and others without???

are these available for compliance in WA?

EDIT: ok done a bit more research, the main deterrant for me purchasing one would initially be it's gutless 1.4ltr motor, which is used in the nissan micra / march..

having test driven the new micra, i found the lack of power made me want to puke.

BUT

2005++ the cube came with an optional 1.5 engine, the same as offered in the tiida - which has some poke in it, would even have more poke in the weightless cube, these models also feature a further advance 4wd system which drives the front wheels using the petrol powered motor.. and an electric motor which feeds off the battery to power the rear wheels.. cool huh? well, it also senses when the front wheels lose traction and feeds all the power to the rear wheels of the car

INTERESTINGGGGG!!!!

Edited by Mr Eps

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh.. and... ironchef u wanna talk about what'd "do the trick"???

how's THIS??

nannba-bgz11.jpg

akiba-ygz11.jpg

sasaki-bnz11-1.jpg

miniyumi-ghre16-5.jpg

^^^my favourite, really displays the cube's "presence"

fr025955210084.jpg

cube-0.jpg

^^HOT!

IMG_1190.jpg

cube3.jpg

front.jpg

and my favourite...

finally

the kenstyle cube

user-cube-001.jpg

ken-eik-cube3-fya.jpg

aaaand im spent

what i want in a cube:

1.5L e-4WD

cubic (has extra row of seats and is overall a lil longer)

CVT transmission

Fob key system

I want an impul! - love the bodykit (google 'impul cube')

"http://www.impul.co.jp/products/model/Z11_CUBE.htm"

"http://www.nissancubelife.com/forum/index.php?topic=65.0;prev_next=prev"

i want it in the light blue like in high perf imports..

if we only get the low-spec 1.4L pos i wont buy one out of principal

australia gets so f**ked over with the imports, i want the top-spec model or nothing at all.

in regards to the stereo, some don't come with a stereo factory - yeah strange - but it's not hard to install an aftermarket one seeing as the cube still uses normal DIN sizing unlike most late model cars!

importers: please please please don't f**k around with the shitty ones and the old ones.

get late model ones with all the goodies!!!!!

Edited by Android 360

mporters: please please please don't f**k around with the shitty ones and the old ones.

get late model ones with all the goodies!!!!!

be honest here- fort the possible volume that these things *may* flow in do you think everyone is going to be top spec.

I know where one of the cars is here in brissy that you are talking about so they *may* do them.

seriously guys, if someone wants a special import like this, do you really think they will want a pov pack version?

bringing in those ones will only give the car a bad initial reputation - first impressions last!

i would have thought that it would make more sense to bring it the best ones first - enthusiasts will be willing to pay the price to be the first out there to have one - especially if its a decent one.

after that, bringing in cheaper ones will suit those who have seen the top spec ones out and about and would like something similar but they arent willing to pay as much.

please dont flood the market with crap ones that will ruin the reputation and resale values :|

• 1 month later...

An update

The new Cube was shown off at the LA Motor Show in November:

Nissan_cube_front.jpg

Not liking the front bumper or headlights as much as the old one but I'm just waiting to see what aftermarket support can do to it.

• 1 month later...
i dont think it ever will be. it wont meet any sevs criteria. unless you could argue it's shape as a unique design feature, and then get HPI to run a feature article on it. then it would satisfy sevs to get put on the list. BUT then you still need a RAW to apply for compliance for it. atm your only hope is move to japan for a year. buy one. then bring it back. or just go for a holiday in japan and rent one.

edit: I've been in one a couple of times now. :D

dont know if that was sacasim. but i read about one in HPI ... one of the early editions 14 or somthing ..

i would mind one for a daily. be nice and unique, got a 1.3 ignis atm, wanna go smaller

• 3 weeks later...
Im pretty sure you can import them and compliance them here... Southern Special Vehicles in Oakleigh has one in Transit at the moment..

I know of 4 shops here in SEQ that are either doing them or doing submissions for them. yep they are definitly going ahead. one shop dropped the Elgrand to do them.

I know of 4 shops here in SEQ that are either doing them or doing submissions for them. yep they are definitly going ahead. one shop dropped the Elgrand to do them.

The elgrand is pimpin, the guy a got a rwc off recently had one at the back of his workshop, it was black with chrome wheels and chrome trims and really dark tint on the back windows, from what he said though there may be trouble looming for these cars, seems that as a people mover you cant compliance them because they are in direct competition with local models, what you have to do is turn them into a 2 seater camper van then after they are complied you have to get an engineers cert to put the seats back in, which is no problesm coz your using the factory mounting points, problem is people in qld are selling them as people movers before compliance and the people who decide what can and cant come into the country are not happy about it and are considering making part of compliance that the mounting points have butchered so you cant use them again.