SAU Community

Skylines And Their Hoon Image

bigfella

Living in the Redlands it has now become a game to go out at night and if you make it home without being pulled over it is a blessing.

I was thinking it must be me or my skyline that must look like a hoon car then it all became clear tonight.

Some idiot in a white 33 out to prove you don’t need a long neck and feathers to be a goose goes racing through traffic on birkdale road acting like a tool.

I would like to personally thank this idiot for skylines getting the reputation they have.

A master crafted piece of machinery that cannot be driven on the road without attracting attention from the police because of the childish immature stunts pulled by docile wieners like this idiot tonight.

Next time any of your are pulled over for a license and breath test remember not to take it personally as this is being done because they don’t discriminate and sell skylines to idiots too

If they wont sell guns to babies why let this fool have a skyline

yeah its unfortunate. my GTR was cut off by a AE92 corolla with a body kit.. WTF.? some young kid dropping 3 lanes to get infront of me in bumper to bumper traffic.

but ive seen also alot of sensible skyline drivers. my brother and i for one lol.

Living in the Redlands it has now become a game to go out at night and if you make it home without being pulled over it is a blessing.

I was thinking it must be me or my skyline that must look like a hoon car then it all became clear tonight.

Some idiot in a white 33 out to prove you don’t need a long neck and feathers to be a goose goes racing through traffic on birkdale road acting like a tool.

I would like to personally thank this idiot for skylines getting the reputation they have.

A master crafted piece of machinery that cannot be driven on the road without attracting attention from the police because of the childish immature stunts pulled by docile wieners like this idiot tonight.

Next time any of your are pulled over for a license and breath test remember not to take it personally as this is being done because they don’t discriminate and sell skylines to idiots too

If they wont sell guns to babies why let this fool have a skyline

talk about a 1 million and 1 times, just get over it mate....

I think a hoon is a hoon, it is programed in their little brains, it does not matter what type of car they are in, it could be a gemini with a 13b wedged in the engine bay or a VN Commo with the airbox removed and Monza steering wheel from Super Cheap. They will be smacktards on the road any chance they get.

Generally speaking these Hoons (sic) are harmless. They weave and dodge and chirp the tyres at the lights and make the boring people shake their heads. But, theres a difference between hooning and downright dangerous. The tragic death referred to in another thread on here is the result of going beyond hoon to insanity.

Who here hasnt given it a boot away from the lights occasionally or neck and necked with one of your skyline buds on the freeway somewhere, To others that is just downright hooning, To us its harmless fun, and thats all it really is. From the little I have seen of the skyline community they arent a dangerous breed of peeps. They enjoy their cars and do play a little but i have yet to see anybody step over the line. And one thing you must always remember......Theres no hoon like an old hoon. :happy:

This forum is like a broken record some times, watch these tools because they arte the kaos factor in action and there is no telling the results.

When i had my silvia it had a low vertex body kit, debadged, shiny black with a straight through (dump pipe replace for the last 2 months) 3" system and all the other usuals...

It was loud when it wanted to be.. and i was never pulled over..

THinking of it now.. i was kinda lucky..

Had the skyline for about 2 weeks now.. and have not been pulled over..

I guess it's the area and also if you attract dickheads too ( tards who want to race you on a road)

Ive been lucky... heres hoping it stays that way :)

All shapes and sizes, Had some cock come flying passed me in his oh wow xr8 ba falcon, im like wtf, then next slows down and here i am cruising along and next he wants to drag, just shook my head and kept on driving, but true about V8's been a target for awhile then imports came hot on the market, so now we have the heat. Mind you it wouldnt get easier when we have thes fktard young people who are fully sic and go out and then bang kill them selves in our skylines either. There is always a minority factor that you cannot ever avoid, doesnt matter what car you do have or they have , there is always going to be a select few that will ruin the reputation.

Just remember one thing, if you are a club member and you are doing these things with your SAU badge flying high you should know better, as you are representing the club.

Cheers

A

I agree. they are made for driving, I agree also that no matter what type of car. Idiots will be Idiots. What can you do. If you posted this hoping that this guy may read it, what if he doesnt even come on here? i see alot of skylines around and alot of them dont even come on here.

Im starting to sense a hint of jealousy. Could it be that all these wieners whining about skylines being hoons could be a direct result of them secretly being jealous of our stunning looking cars, and how easy it is to pull away from them. At least it gives you something to look at as we drive past. while you remain putting along in your Granny Kart wishing you didnt have to have it all the way to the floor, just to make the speed limit.

Ive had me skyline for 8 months now, and havnt been pulled over once yet (touch wood). And Also have all me points.

i live in the redlands too!

yeah i had an interesting day yesterday.... on my way to queensland raceway i got cut off by a rav4 and then HE gave ME the finger - i was the bigger man (even though i was like half his age) and didn't do anything.

and then last night on my way to birkdale from capalaba - two of those turbo pulsars (GTiR?) and a supra came SPEEEDING by! they were sooo coool man :)

I havent been pulled over for a "random" breath test for over 2 years.......guess it must be my onroad attitude.

Ive never been pulled over in my skylines all together...

I have owned skylines now for 5 years and in this time have never been pulled over...

I put it down too keeping it somewhat stock looking and driving it with the right attitude...

Also it might help to have a partner who works for the police... :)

I think sometimes we should all from time to time remember why we baught these cars and what they were designed to do..........

Yeah i just wanted a yellow car... :P

Nah i wanted to get into trackdays and have a nice looking car with a bit of poke...

what does that mean?

Im running with the old 'you dont buy a fast car to not go fast' saying.

A lot of it comes down to luck tho Im sure of it. 99% of us would have done stupid/'fun' stuff, just the time, place, and karma weither or not you get booked or not.

And for the record I've only been pulled over once in my car in the past 3 years, I was speeding at the time. I also used to go to all the 'hot' spots and never once got even looked at twice much less pulled over.

End of the day, its never going to change, if you dont like it sell the car and buy something else. I know you shouldnt have to, you should be able to have any car you want and not get hassled, but the world ain't perfect.

i think we need a sticked topic where people can go and vet their frustrations....

so bored of reading :) wah..wah.. wah... soume dick cut me off...wah.. wah... it pisses me off when people do stuff on the road... wah.. wah.. wah.. :P

Col? Sticky a complaints thread then every one can use that.....

Yeah i recon its all about right place right time sorta thing. I don't drive crazy round town or where people are. My mates and i have a good place right away from town up in the bush. A good old dis used airstrip is the go right in the middle of a tree plantation area. Think it was used as a emergency fire fighting airstrip long time ago. If we feel like some fun we just go there with no people around.

I hope to make it to the racetrack soon tho. just saving up for a tandem trailer and a ute to pull it. then it will be the racetrack for me.