SAU Community

Missing Problem With My Engine

32 4whore

Ok so I have had a slight problem with my car. AGAIN :)

Something happened which i dont want to state but my engine neally cooked.

Have replaced spark plugs, coil packs, ignitor and coil loom.

Was missing like a mofo before above was replaced.

Will idle perfectly fine. gets to about 1500 to 2500 and will miss in this range of RPM. This is under load by the way. Then it will be fine untill i either A: put my foot down and hit boost or B: run fine if i drive like a grandma through the gears.

So I ask you all as the SA guys know there shit with there RB's.

I need this problem fixed as i am really sick of having my car off the road.

The head is fine with perfect compression.

My mechanic who did the engine and manual conversion is stumped to find the problem.

I have no experience with these engines so please give your advice and let myself be happy for once.

LOL I mean honestly who pays 12k for repairs and still cant drive the fudging thing.

I really appreciate any advice left.

Edited by R32_4door_drifting

Remove the kick panel to expose the ECU, undo the screws holding the ECU to the chassis. Behind the ECU there is a screw/knob, with this you can run a rich/lean diagnositc check via your O2 sensor. I had similar miss firing problems with my car after doing the usuall coil packs, etc, etc only to find the O2 was stuff. If you can be bothered doing all of this first, simply dis-connect your O2 sensor and the ECU will default to a rich fuel map and see how the car runs.

Not like it's going to be much use, but make sure the boost level (if stock turbo) is under what it can push. The other circumstance is the fuel pump in which i had an issue with last year and had replaced. The only time it happens now is under cool temps in which the boost level increases slightly over that of the stock turbo (mechanical boost controller!!).

Edited by DC_GTST

my car was missing quite badly, i have recently(this week) had the,

fuel pump replaced

oxygen sensor replaced

boost sensor replaced

spark plugs replaced

and these have stopped the missing, hope this can help

Cheers for the help boys.

The car is stock so no increase in boost levels.

I have been told it could be the fuel pump. And no I haven't even thought of making sure the injectors are clean. That could be the reason as I assume do to something screwing up it was flooding the engine with fuel and due to it missing it would read that more fuel was needed to keep up with something. The injectors and fuel pump will be looked at tomoz hopefully.

Dammmmmmm you repairs.

my car is all stock as well, it had a faulty boost sensor in it

i just sepnt $1500 on mine (i got a very good rate through a mate, i feel bad about how much they didn't charge me) and it still need an exhaust manifold stud replaced

best of luck with the repairs >_<

hey R32_4door_drifting ive sort of got the same problem with my car, wen i hit 5000-6000 rpm every now and again the car will pull back heaps hard, im thinking one of the injectors arent working wen full throttle and sum1 said my fuel pump but its highly unlikely. However it only happens like once every 30 times im in the 5000-7000 range and it lasts about a minute or 2. Theres this soundwave or something process and they can apparently clean ur injectors without pulling anythin apart, might have to give it a go.

p.s GL with the repairs man, dont worry my mate spent $13 on a 180sx and its still not running (cracked the oil sump and is missing gears 2nd and 4th, so things could be worse, lol.

fixed?

not yet, ive asked around and no-one really knows what it is, so i guess when i need my 5000k service i'll get a dyno and ecu check n all that shit at the same time. Will keep ya posted when i find out the cause.

my cars had 5 oil changes in 3 and a half weeks. its a spoilt little f**k.

EDIT:Oh and a new turbo. and all the missfirings gone from splitfire coilover installation.

when u say missfiring do u mean wen its idling??? or like mine wen i said it almost pulls back and feels like the revs just shit themselves.

my cars had 5 oil changes in 3 and a half weeks. its a spoilt little f**k.
Why so many?
EDIT:Oh and a new turbo. and all the missfirings gone from splitfire coilover installation.
Dont ya just hate it when your shocks misfires, but I hear the new platnium springs are pretty good :)

yeah sorry i was in 2 minds (my mate tempting me in coilover group buy on nissan silvia.com). i meant splitfire coil packs. can get them for 589 or somehting delivered from Slides or ~ 600 here in SA if you know a certain someone at autobahn.