SAU Community

Ok, im selling my Silkroad section coilovers.

they wont go low enough for me (but i guarantee they will for you. i want to tuck front and rear tires)

Springrate is a 12k front and 10k rear

Its comfy, not extremely stiff.

Im moving up to a 16k 14k setup

adn i have to mismatch all different parts to get what i want.

So someone buy these and get a slammin deal on 1400 dollar coilovers

no leaking, rust or anything, i will even coat the lowers with a fresh coat of silver to make em look like new.

These are STAGEA SPECIFIC COILOVERS

not pieced together gtr/gtst setup. it is the stagea application.

retail on used Silkroad is normally around 900.00 USD

FOr you guys, so i can try and hook someone up 750.00 USD + actual shipping price (ill let you know after they are shipped the price)

should be under 100.00 or so hopefully.

• 2 months later...

if all you want to do is lower it, look at the whiteline group buy. or if you want it slammed, bag it. :P

if you're looking for a harder ride, and potentially better handling (depends on how it's setup of course), then yes, these would work.

pretty sure there are some guides here on swapping suspension over.. have a search

If you want to lower your car, these will achieve that, don't expect a performance gain though, for that you need to address other suspension components and adjustments. Just going low will alter suspension geometry, reduce the contact patch your tyres have with the road and increase wear on you tyres - inside edges.

Silk Road - Cool name - Full ass adjustment - cool! Is that on the shock or on your ass due to the spring rates?

is the height adjustable? we have heaps of annoying speed humps and other obstacles in my daily driving so dont want to go to low. how low can it go ? min and max?

in the front the max low is with the front bumpr 4 inches from the ground on a Dayz bumper

the rear i can drag subframe

they are all the way adjustable

Height, preload and dampning

And it WILL provide a performance adn handling advatange...extremely noticeable

i guarantee that

WHen i went from stock to this setup, i could do a lap (large circles) at almost 20KM faster than with the stock suspension before it started understeering, and now that i have my sway bars, i can go a tad faster until it starts to oversteer since im RWD now

as long as you arent too low, your stock parts will adjust to exactly what you need to achieve a good alignment as well.

If you want to lower your car, these will achieve that, don't expect a performance gain though, for that you need to address other suspension components and adjustments. Just going low will alter suspension geometry, reduce the contact patch your tyres have with the road and increase wear on you tyres - inside edges.

Silk Road - Cool name - Full ass adjustment - cool! Is that on the shock or on your ass due to the spring rates?

a 12/10 springrate isnt even stiff

before you start talking about thinkg syou dont know, put some on your car, then talk.

Ive been through a load of springrates, and found that a 16kg front and 18 rear set it up justtttt right to do what i want it to.

the 12.10 is nice comfort level with decreased body roll (but i also have cusco sway bars)

Hey Grant,

Might want to think about selling your stuff some other way than bagging out other peoples (brands) makes you look like a tool! "Buy Pepsi - Coke is shit" that was an example so you know what I am talking about...

Given the choice I know who's advice I would take, I shouldn't have to spell it out to you... Try not to get your personal preference mixed up with reality.

you are doing the same exact thing

THe facts are

Silkroads have more adjustment than the other popular option

advice is one thing, actually trying things out is another. If iw asnt able to do it, i might take advice, but i have personally tried 3 different sets of coilovers with different spring rates which led me to order the set thats on the way.

But then again, i track my car regularly (well once its finished ill do it again) so more adjustment for cornerweighting, and dampning is needed by me to dial in my balance.

Yeah you are right I haven't tried them, my only piece of criticism was:

Was actually a sarcastic poke at your comments criticising a product YOU have never tried, well the height adjustment level of it anyway. No does not reflect on the product for sale itself.

99% of people would be happy with the adjustment level on the Whitelines, not many would be thinking "just 2mm lower at the front and up 1/16th of a turn at the rear"

(note to self: Aussie sarcasm should be left out of conversations with Grant)

I think I have made enough of a mess of your "for sale" thread now so I'll piss off and leave you to it, you do encourage it though...

Cheers

Luke

oh but i HAVE tried a height only adjustable setup, Ground control with KYB AGX, it was a few years back, but defff didnt like it

But this is for the people that are thinking 2mm lowe in the front 1/16th turn in the rear

i guess im one of the few stagea people that care about it.

well, as soon as i get them off the car, when my new ones get here (they werent the package like i thought they would be) ill clean them up and get pics up as soon as i can

but for now, this is what they are

http://www.silkroad-jp.com/section/a8.html

and there isnt relaly going to be an offer lower than 650.00 they are twice that new.

keep em then.

"well, as soon as i get them off the car, when my new ones get here (they werent the package like i thought they would be) ill clean them up "

i wanted to see them with out you cleaning them up, visual inspection only works if they havn't been made to look better then what they are.

"and there isnt relaly going to be an offer lower than 650.00 they are twice that new"

they are not new.

average depreciation on a used coilover is 40%

look at yahoo auctions japan

smarten up...i sell parts to the states on a daily bases.

its ok, because a serious tuner would know the advantage of these coilovers....and i hope they end up in teh hands of someone that will, instead of a lowballer.

keep em then.

"well, as soon as i get them off the car, when my new ones get here (they werent the package like i thought they would be) ill clean them up "

i wanted to see them with out you cleaning them up, visual inspection only works if they havn't been made to look better then what they are.

"and there isnt relaly going to be an offer lower than 650.00 they are twice that new"

they are not new.

i think that was a fair call

average depreciation on a used coilover is 40%

look at yahoo auctions japan

smarten up...i sell parts to the states on a daily bases.

its ok, because a serious tuner would know the advantage of these coilovers....and i hope they end up in teh hands of someone that will, instead of a lowballer.

ffs grant get of your high horse and stop slagging anyone who questions your opinion