SAU Community

Guess Who Was Sitting At The Wheel Of The Hks Gtr Today

Join the club Paul (Technically I havent *sat* in it but I did lean on/drool over it)

:P

Im sure there have been many to drool over it....but to be able to sit in it, remove rear deck lid, open bonnet...heck we even got to push it around...lol.........but no starting it up....damn!!

ive even worked out what HKS stands for

Hello

Kitty

Seatpad

hehehe

Im sure there have been many to drool over it....but to be able to sit in it, remove rear deck lid, open bonnet...heck we even got to push it around...lol.........but no starting it up....damn!!

ive even worked out what HKS stands for

Hello

Kitty

Seatpad

hehehe

na hks stands 4

Hong

Kong

Shit

HKS

H and K are the first letter of the last name of each the two owners

the S stands for Sigma i think.

So whats the deal did it run? did Reece Run any times?

you are correct on the HKS name...i was just having a joke...the Bride racing seat in the HKS car has a "hello kitty seatpad"

it did not run but here's some news about Reeces runs...

Heat Treatments GTR

The HT team didn't really expect to break any records at taupo. Despite this, the car still ran a solid 7.77, and then a 7.78. The 7.7 pass should have been quicker, as the car crept on the line and red lit before Reece actually launched (the timer starts from when the beam is broken). The next pass was looking great, with a PB mph to half track (152mph!!), but unfotunately the front diff broke in the 2nd half of the track. Becuase the front diff is integral with the sump, it also cracked this part, putting the car out of action for the afternoon.

you are correct on the HKS name...i was just having a joke...the Bride racing seat in the HKS car has a "hello kitty seatpad"

it did not run but here's some news about Reeces runs...

Heat Treatments GTR

The HT team didn't really expect to break any records at taupo. Despite this, the car still ran a solid 7.77, and then a 7.78. The 7.7 pass should have been quicker, as the car crept on the line and red lit before Reece actually launched (the timer starts from when the beam is broken). The next pass was looking great, with a PB mph to half track (152mph!!), but unfotunately the front diff broke in the 2nd half of the track. Becuase the front diff is integral with the sump, it also cracked this part, putting the car out of action for the afternoon.

Yeah i knew you were joking as for the Hello kitty seat pad WTF were they thinking not my taste at all, thats one part i never liked about the HKS car :wave:

Had Reece changed anything on on the car?

lucky as. pics pics

Have realised our cable to connect camera to computer is at home....have to wait till we get back to Aust on Sunday.

Is there any particular parts of the car you would like to see....such as where they set the dials on the torque split controller ?

Have realised our cable to connect camera to computer is at home....have to wait till we get back to Aust on Sunday.

Is there any particular parts of the car you would like to see....such as where they set the dials on the torque split controller ?

Na not really :D just every pic you took of it :D

Now hurry up and get on the damn plane :D

1252598imgnp2.th.jpg

all the ATTESSA pumps are relocated to the passenger seat area. There is normally a carbon fibre cover over these for asthetics which they allowed me to remove to photograph

1252599imgvp4.th.jpg

note where they have the torque split set..the dots they have put on the unit indicate this is their true race position

1252597imgxs5.th.jpg

i see they use a "DiRTgarage" style 4WD 2WD switch for burnouts

1252592imgjh2.th.jpg

the famous Hello Kitty Seatpad

1262617imgxn4.th.jpg

note the angled flange to change the direction the air enters the port

1262614imghr6.th.jpg

solonoids for air shift mechanisim

1262620imgzm7.th.jpg

fuel system comprises of a small fuel cell and 3 bosch 044 pumps

1262604imguf1.th.jpg

dash is a simple as a shift light, a gear indicator, a brake pressure guage, a warning light (low oil pressure) and an oil pressure guage.

1262603imgks8.th.jpg

the result of no air filters...compressor wheel has certainly seen better days

1252589imgaq9.th.jpg

the std boost guage sensor was an unlikely thing to spot

1252586imgml0.th.jpg

three stage dry sump pump..two scavenge pickups and one feed...keen eyes will spot the ATI balancer

1252600imgze2.th.jpg

this would be the heaviest hydraulic clutch ive ever operated.