SAU Community

Drag Tag, Thumbs Down To Vic Cops

GTAAAH

the question is....

is it the DRIVING of these people that police have a problem with or

is it the illegal MODS the police have a problem with or

is it the hanging in large GROUPS that police have a problem with...

Now this is just a guess...........

But I think they may have a problem with all of the above just like society in general has a problem with all of the above.... Thats why it's generalized as " anti social behavour"

Driving an illegally modified car to an advertised event such as this what do you expect?

Illegal is illegal...wrong is wrong and stupid is stupid.

There was no entrapment or abuse of powers. If you've been harrassed and given defects that don't exist fight it. I don't mind lifting my bonnet or boot (notice no hood or trunk) unless i'm running late becuase i've no legal issues to hide.

I've been driving heavily modified cars for 20yrs most of that as daily drivers and have never copped a defect or had my cars towed...strange?? not really.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been driving heavily modified cars for 20yrs most of that as daily drivers and have never copped a defect or had my cars towed...strange?? not really.

So whats your secret? curious to know..

I wonder if there will ever be Police canarying Targa cars at Targa Tasmania, Rally cars at Dutton, Classic Adelaide......

I think getting the idiots off the road is the most important thing.

Not canarying people who are normal enthusiasts.

My 2c on this:

If people drive illegal cars, they are asking to be defected. I don't agree with the laws on modded cars and feel they are too strict but I choose to live in this country, therefore there isnt much I can do. Laws of the land are set.

What annoys me is the lack of "randomness" of these "stings". As someone else has said, this is like shooting fish in a barrel. If there is a random check point on a highway pulling lots of cars in, bad luck, thats your time.

I absolutely detest the way that imports are singled out for their mods (however easy pickings they are). I see far more $hit boxes and poor drivers who deserve at least as much to be pulled over as the driver of a modified import, but I seldom see it.

Bring in equality and it will suit me fine.

LoL nice call... spoken like a true "hoon"

EDIT: Speed kills... not import cars :)

Yeah I'm a true hoon that's why I got 10% off my license seeing as I've never lost a point. If you think speed cameras save lives you're delusional. While fixed and mobile camera numbers have increased so has the road toll (which is quite insignificant compared to SO many other preventable causes of death). During a 10 year study in the US and studies in Europe it has been found that lowering speed limits on FWY/HWY causes more fatalities, still think speed kills?

You really think they give a rats arse? There isn't even a test to get your full license in Vic. You NEVER have to get your car inspected after it's registered in Vic. As long as you fork out the cash all is well.

Don't worry Timmy we're under the speed limit, never mind the thick fog and black ice Bracksy said we're safe.

Supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, we'll just skip around that to raise a little (make that a shitload) revenue.

Just like the pokies, ignore the real problem as long as there's money rolling in.

I'm calling bullcrap on whoever said you can build a fast car legally because that is complete and utter crap.

Stick coilovers in and the cops will get you for either, ride height or not retaining 2/3rds original suspension travel (without actualy measuring it)

Easiest way to get more power out of a turbo is increasing boost... no wait, you can't do that because it alters emmision levels therefore illegal.

You can only fit tyres that are a set amount larger than std, and certain tyres which far exceed adr spec aren't even allowed in this country because they haven't gone through the bearucratic system yet.

Only one itake modification, there fore either higher flowing air filter or a front mount.

You can forget about porting/changing camshaft/adjustable camshaft gears/changing compression ratio/stroking/boreing out motor because these all change emmisions.

Put a boost guage or temp guage where you can see it, bonnet/A pillar / dash and you'll get done for obstruction of view.

A tight lsd will see you a major defect because it may occasionaly lock up in a carpark and the cops will think its a locker.

dam, its SOOOOOOOOOO easy to modify a car legaly, geee I wonder why more people don't bother.

Even if you get a car engineered, that certificate is only valid for 30 days and then it's useless... so again, why would you bother?

Oh wait hang on, for all those EPA breaking mods you can go and get your car tested at the EPA to make sure it clears emmision levels, never mind that this test costs 3 grand and that if you fail, you'll have to pay again for another one.

So whats your secret? curious to know..

Common sense, solid engineering and playing by the rules.......you could almost live your entire life to those simple guidelines :)

The engineering can be bought if you can't do it yourself, the rules are there for all to see...the hardest part to attain is also the most valuable..................... common sense.

Think of it as a challenge...like say building a race car within group whatever parameters. It's not a free for all where anything goes, see what can be achieved within the legal limitations that are prescribed, embrace an anti-bling fnf philosophy...you'd be suprised what can be acheived.

If you want a mobile cinema with 12 dvd screens,huge sound, dumped on 20's ect ect plus performance you'll be so far behind in the power-weight stakes you may as well park it in your lounge room as use it for what it's been modified for...entertaining not driving.

Yeah I'm a true hoon that's why I got 10% off my license seeing as I've never lost a point. If you think speed cameras save lives you're delusional. While fixed and mobile camera numbers have increased so has the road toll (which is quite insignificant compared to SO many other preventable causes of death). During a 10 year study in the US and studies in Europe it has been found that lowering speed limits on FWY/HWY causes more fatalities, still think speed kills?

You really think they give a rats arse? There isn't even a test to get your full license in Vic. You NEVER have to get your car inspected after it's registered in Vic. As long as you fork out the cash all is well.

Don't worry Timmy we're under the speed limit, never mind the thick fog and black ice Bracksy said we're safe.

Supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, we'll just skip around that to raise a little (make that a shitload) revenue.

Just like the pokies, ignore the real problem as long as there's money rolling in.

LOL For starters i congratulate you on your safe driving... not that i give a shit but anyways....

2nd of all we're in australia NOT EUROPE AND NOT US so wtf? if you see the mentality of people o/s its different to here so things that work for other places wont exactly work here now will they?

3rd what does "how you doing mate? you wana pop your bonnet for me please?" mean to you? how can you say you NEVER get your car inspected after its registered in vic...? lol

4th seeing you seem to know what the real problem is... can you share on how to fix it? :)

Common sense, solid engineering and playing by the rules.......you could almost live your entire life to those simple guidelines :)

Umm... a modification is a modification... are you referring to "hiding" your mods? cos what Intensevil said sounds logical to me.

I'm calling bullcrap on whoever said you can build a fast car legally because that is complete and utter crap.

Stick coilovers in and the cops will get you for either, ride height or not retaining 2/3rds original suspension travel (without actualy measuring it)

Easiest way to get more power out of a turbo is increasing boost... no wait, you can't do that because it alters emmision levels therefore illegal.

You can only fit tyres that are a set amount larger than std, and certain tyres which far exceed adr spec aren't even allowed in this country because they haven't gone through the bearucratic system yet.

Only one itake modification, there fore either higher flowing air filter or a front mount.

You can forget about porting/changing camshaft/adjustable camshaft gears/changing compression ratio/stroking/boreing out motor because these all change emmisions.

Put a boost guage or temp guage where you can see it, bonnet/A pillar / dash and you'll get done for obstruction of view.

A tight lsd will see you a major defect because it may occasionaly lock up in a carpark and the cops will think its a locker.

dam, its SOOOOOOOOOO easy to modify a car legaly, geee I wonder why more people don't bother.

Even if you get a car engineered, that certificate is only valid for 30 days and then it's useless... so again, why would you bother?

Oh wait hang on, for all those EPA breaking mods you can go and get your car tested at the EPA to make sure it clears emmision levels, never mind that this test costs 3 grand and that if you fail, you'll have to pay again for another one.

Thats some pretty random miss guided stuff there fella...

if you believe it more power to ya.. If anyone has been defected for coil overs its the way they've been setup or they are leaking not the item itself. Lsd being booked for having a locker? go to court thats a false charge/penalty.. As you state most of the stuff can be done legally if you follow the guidelines epa-engineering..The obstruction of visibility law has been around longer than I've been driving so have most of the emmision regulations.

Do you have a point?

Edited by madbung

Yes I do have a point and you've clearly missed it. All of my above examples have happened to people I know and have been documented on forums as well.

You claim that reducing the weight of a vehicle will make it faster and can be done legally. How? Do you strip the interior... no wait you have to re register the vehicle as a two seater. Do you get a carbon fiber bonnet... no wait, carbon fiber doesn't flex like metal therefore it's illegal because it doesn't absorb kinetic energy like the metal factory standard item.

How can you get more power out of a turbo motor without altering the boost levels, even a simple exhaust will raise the boost a turbo can create a few psi, so technically you can't even do that modification.

Since you fail to see my point which is plainly visible I'll spell it out for you. It is extremely difficult to the point of impossible to have a fast car that is legal 100% for the average Australian car enthusiast.

too all those saying have a cry and get a tissue, well i'd like to see the tmu squad sitting at the bottom of your driveway every morning and getting you as you drive out on your way to work, then we'll see who needs the tissue... i havent been affected by this and i think its not fair.

i know illegal = illegal, but i dont belive the justifications are right on these laws! ... i bet you wouldn't be happy if they turned around tomorrow and said turbo cars arent allowed anymore, not for p-laters, not for anyone! they must all be unregistered and never driven on public roads again! ... it would then be a "law" .. would you be happy to go "oh ok, well its the law i better just go with the flow and do as im told!"

some people need to rebel! other wise eventually it will be illegal to breath!

Edited by Ruffels

LOL For starters i congratulate you on your safe driving... not that i give a shit but anyways....

2nd of all we're in australia NOT EUROPE AND NOT US so wtf? if you see the mentality of people o/s its different to here so things that work for other places wont exactly work here now will they?

3rd what does "how you doing mate? you wana pop your bonnet for me please?" mean to you? how can you say you NEVER get your car inspected after its registered in vic...? lol

4th seeing you seem to know what the real problem is... can you share on how to fix it? :)

Firstly you said I was a hoon - wrong.

Second Europe is also not the US (you work that out all by yourself?) yet they made the same discoveries so your point is moot.

Third, a once over by a police officer is very different to an actual inspection by a mechanic.

But I thought sticking more speed cameras on the road was going to magically save everyone? The solutions are already out there they just don't raise as much money for the state.

No one is saying not to rebel or to stop modifying there cars. all we are saying is put up with it or get rid of ur car. Dont make stupid threads like this or like many others made.

Welcome to the world of modified cars and cops

Stick to the wasteland Jon.